2012 NHL Entry Draft talk

Commandant

Wouldn't it be funny if we went past the leafs but then jumped over them via the lottery? That would be justice for their tanking on purpose.

(null)

Wild with a big late win.

Scored on last 30 seconds of regulation and 1st 30 seconds of overtime.

Minny chokes again! We really gotta start losing in regulation.

EDIT: Tie it up with 30 seconds to go!

Love that comeback eh

I hope we are tied the standings against them when we play, and Toronto kicks our ass. ;)

I hope we can lose all our games till the leafs game, get the 2nd overall pick AND smoke the leafs into the next century :D!

I hope we are tied the standings against them when we play, and Toronto kicks our ass. ;)

I hope Toronto is 3 pts ahead of us when we play and we kick their ass. Doesn't it sound better ?

I find it would be more painful for Leafs fan to watch their team lose and lose and lose and then, the one night they actually want them to lose more than ever (to stop their dreaded rivals from picking before them), they actually pull one out. It's more in line with the Leaf's curse to win at all the worst times.

Sarnia loses and is down 3-2 in the series but Galchenyuk was said to have a great game and robbed by a hot goalie.

Dominic Tiano ‏ @dominictiano

Any questions about how Galchenyuk would return from surgery have been answered. If not for Paterson, Gally could have a couple tonight

Brendan Ross ‏ @RossyYoungblood

Normally its Yakupov making the rushes that get fans on the edge of their seats. This series its been Galchenyuk

Sarnia eliminated

Galchenyuk's knee looks great though, he was dominant but couldnt buy a goal

Yakupov looked rough

Galchenyuk is eligible to join the US team for the U18 though, so he's likely to play a few more games this year

I still think its gonna be Grigorenko...but does anyone know how big Galchenyuk actually is right now? does he compare with Grigo?

I just hope he dont get stuck with a Pouliot type talent....looks good but never pans out

I still think its gonna be Grigorenko...but does anyone know how big Galchenyuk actually is right now? does he compare with Grigo?

I just hope he dont get stuck with a Pouliot type talent....looks good but never pans out

Galchenyuk is over 6'2, 205 lbs at last reports (1 inch less than Grigo and same as Cole and Patches).

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/roster/show/id/6534

He's grown over the last year, consider he was 6'1 when drafted into the OHL as a 16 year old, and that height is not updated on places like hockeydb until the nhl draft combine

With Galchenyuk proving his knee is healthy i now prefer him to Grigo

Exact heights will come out at the combine though

Anyway you look at it we are going to get a great forward pick!!! it is to bad we were shit this year but on the bright side we just might end up with a star or superstar player. I think we all are excited about next year with a fresh start and a good chance to right so wrongs that were made this year.

Galchenyuk is over 6'2, 205 lbs at last reports (1 inch less than Grigo and same as Cole and Patches).

http://www.ontarioho...er/show/id/6534

He's grown over the last year, consider he was 6'1 when drafted into the OHL as a 16 year old, and that height is not updated on places like hockeydb until the nhl draft combine

With Galchenyuk proving his knee is healthy i now prefer him to Grigo

Exact heights will come out at the combine though

Galchenyuk may have an overall more complete game, but does he have to pure offensive potential of Grigorenko? Also, keep in mind Galchenyuk plays on a line with Yakupov.

Galchenyuk may have an overall more complete game, but does he have to pure offensive potential of Grigorenko? Also, keep in mind Galchenyuk plays on a line with Yakupov.

Who, according to most reports, he completely out played in the playoffs.

All reports are that Galchenyuk was as much a driver of that line last year as Yakupov was. No one with any kind of scouting credentials has made the claim he was leaching off of Yakupov. He is also 8 months younger than Yakupov and nearly able to keep up with him point for point. He scored as many pts as a 16/17 year old last year as Grigorenko scored as a 17/18 year old this year.

Also Grigorenko doesn't play with chopped liver, he plays with Fredric Roy who is a very, very good QMJHL overager. He probably won't make the NHL, but he's an overager dominating his league (which is common). Roy had nearly as many points as Yakupov did in 2010-11, his experience and the fact he's older than most opponents allows him to dominate at about the same level as Yakupov can do as a 17 year old. Look at the questions about Holland because he plays with Brendan Shinnimin an overager who tore apart the QMJHL this year.

I don't think playing with a 17 year old Yakupov is any great advantage over other draft eligible prospects who play with 20 year old kids who also dominate their junior leagues just based on being more physically mature than their opponents.

Galchenyuk time after time gets the "hard worker" description/character trait quoted, while Grigorenko dosent , which is main reason why I would feel much safer taking Galchenyuk; and Forsberg would be another safe bet (if Galchenyuk goes to Oilers).

But see how Grigorenko does against a bit stiffer competition in the 2nd round coming up, right now he has same point total as Morgan Ellis i think (7).

If havent seen this clip about Dumba, worth a look, but dont see Habs picking him, unless happen to end up picking 5th or 6th (highly unlikely now i hope?).

http://www.whl.ca/video/index/id/ffab0ac8f1b843ca25a76f0760eef6a2

As for the pure offence question I think Grig will be better but not by much.

Commandant is clearly waving the Galy flag but I'd take either and be happy.

I was torn between the two when Gally was hurt, now that he's proven healthy he's the guy I want.

I see Cole's size and board play.

Plekanec's two way game and skating.

Subbans commitment to practicing and his off ice workout habits

Kovalev's dangling and that killer wrister and release.

All rolled into one package. It makes me drool.

The only place Grigorenko is better is in vision and passing. Thats it, and its not so much of a difference i even care. Plus Gally has a ton of heart. Galchenyuk goes to the net far more often than Grigo. If he's there, Timmins will grab him, just watch (unless we win the lottery).

As for the pure offence question I think Grig will be better but not by much.

Commandant is clearly waving the Galy flag but I'd take either and be happy.

If he isn't that much better than Galy offensively.. I'd be taking Galchenyuk. I don't like the reports on Grigs effort level and I've seen some interviews with Galy and I think he is one of the more confidant driven young guys i've seen!