2012 NHL Entry Draft talk

Commandant

Perhaps instead of sleeper, I should have called Galchenyuk the wild card of the draft, very talented, but the obvious problem of not being able to play all year. Apparently a lot of teams are very high on him, central scouting, not so much. I still say Grigorenko, a known commodity, already has played in Quebec, big body, talent, ready to step in next year, most likely. In 2 years or so, perhaps you guys can all say told you so, but I don't think so. Either way, however, we are going to have our most exciting forward prospect in years after this years draft.

You are making a big assumption about pick being a forward (chances are you are correct but?), especially with many top ranked players being d-men. As Timmins says, he is looking for "Best Asset" at #3.

McGuire went insane at the 2005 Draft.

He called the pick "straight off the reservation" which knowing Price's background is really an unfortunate description.

=====================

Anyways today we profile Finnish Dman Ville Pokka

http://lastwordonspo...43-ville-pokka/

Another good profile sir.

Pokka seemed very mature and i initially thought he was older and already drafted when saw him play at world juniors, just so many solid looking d-men in draft.

Jarrod Maidens.... first round talent.... falling due to the "concussion conundrum".

http://lastwordonspo...jarrod-maidens/

45th eh, i wouldnt worry too much about concussion and with his drop, like u say could be a nice steal in 2nd round.

Hopefully that interview quashed the BPA concept. "Best Asset to the Montreal Canadiens"

Semantics is all it is.

Good profile

Why so low with this guy (and Sutter?), wouldnt he be a bit better choice than ones such as; Pearson, Zharkov, Nieves?

Basically point/game, average size, your profile and physically active point to a good all-round player?

Or are you thinking he is like Luke Sutter and has little offensive upside, even though both had 100+ PIMs and bout 30 goal seasons?

You might compare them to Ryan White?

Not all stats are created equal. I see Kosmachuk as a 2nd/3rd line tweener going forward, and Sutter as more of a third liner at the next level. Where the others look more likely to be able to be legit top 6 forwards.

Sutter is coming soon though.

Again though, its splitting hairs once you get from about 25-50. There isn't a heck of a lot of difference here, and every scout is gonna have their own way of ranking it.

The further you move down the list, the more room there is for someone to be drafted 10-15 spots above or below their rank.

• Upvote 1

Not all stats are created equal. I see Kosmachuk as a 2nd/3rd line tweener going forward, and Sutter as more of a third liner at the next level. Where the others look more likely to be able to be legit top 6 forwards.

Sutter is coming soon though.

Again though, its splitting hairs once you get from about 25-50. There isn't a heck of a lot of difference here, and every scout is gonna have their own way of ranking it.

The further you move down the list, the more room there is for someone to be drafted 10-15 spots above or below their rank.

Sure, i know splitting hairs a bit, but got to question list just to be a bit arguementative and it is super you guys are breaking down prospects, profiles are well done.

If say, take McKeen's latest list as gospel and draft goes exact as per, the Habs would have one sweet haul with

Forberg at #3,

Samuelsson at #32,

Lukas Sutter at #50,

Mike Winther at #63 and

Tomas Hyka at #93.

3 centres and 2 wingers would certainly help stock the farm some.

http://rotoworld.com/articles/nhl/40573/218/nhl-mock-draft-102

Check it: This guy's got EDM taking Murray first and Forsberg going to CBS. That leaves Montreal with Yakupov. It's awesome that it's actually plausible that the Habs get Yakupov. I'd be pumped.

Gotta think it's 1. Yakupov 2. Galchenyuk 3. Grigorenko/Forsberg?