GDT 21/01/12 Habs vs Laughs

johnnyhasbeen

I don't watch all the games you guys do, I've watched Detroit for a couple of games and now Montreal Toronto---- Sad Sack games to watch--- Bettman has got to put more passion in these games--- we might as well watch the girls play

Most of the Habs played well/to their ability. These leaf/Hab games do lack passion and energy lately. They mentioned only 2 fights in their last 14 games.I thinks the fans are more passionate about this so-called "rivalry" than the players. Living in the US I don't consider TO a rival

Most of the Habs played well/to their ability. These leaf/Hab games do lack passion and energy lately. They mentioned only 2 fights in their last 14 games.I thinks the fans are more passionate about this so-called "rivalry" than the players. Living in the US I don't consider TO a rival

I believe Montreal's real rivals are... Boston (duh haha) and I'd say Philly (i just don't like em).

Toronto is a "traditional rival" the fans of each team just love to hate each other :)

Playoffs create rivalries IMO.

Toronto/Montreal might not have that passion, but thats because we haven't met in the playoffs in over 30 years.

One playoff series (not a sweep though, say a 6 or 7 gamer) and I think that we'd ignite a powderkeg with this one.

Playoffs create rivalries IMO.

Toronto/Montreal might not have that passion, but thats because we haven't met in the playoffs in over 30 years.

One playoff series (not a sweep though, say a 6 or 7 gamer) and I think that we'd ignite a powderkeg with this one.

I completely agree. Montreal and Boston have met soooo many times in the playoffs, us and philly have met a couple times, there was something developing with us and Carolina at one point as well because of a couple series.

I completely agree. Montreal and Boston have met soooo many times in the playoffs, us and philly have met a couple times, there was something developing with us and Carolina at one point as well because of a couple series.

I did mention that i watched a couple of Detroit games and was not impressed with the passion in the game. I guess it is alright if you are in a pool or something and all your looking for is an outcome. Try flipping a coin. I think the problem is league wide and the new style will be reflected at the box office.

Okay so the story goes like this.

Commandant myself and 2 other buddies were sitting together at the Habs Leafs game Saturday night.

Directly behind us are 3 older Leaf fans (late 50's to mid 70's) we joked with before the game.

They told me I could not sit in front of them because I was wearing a Habs jersey, I told them that was fine I would just stand and block their view all night ( we all had some laughs)

Anyways beside those 3 guys were a younger guy (early 30's ad his girlfriend both in leafs jerseys.)

All game he is asking who every player is, and countless other questions during play to the three older leaf fans.

Here is a list of some of the questions he was asking the 3 older guys next to him.

1. Who is that 81 guy he shoots a lot

2. During time when they honoured Leafs great Borje Salming he asked who that was (his name was displayed on the big screen. Everyone gave him a standing O (I was actually the first person to stand up in our section) The guy sat in his seat and made a comment about not cheering for an old man.

Finally I could tell the 3 old guys were annoyed and distracted by his constant questions so during the 3 period when he asked who number 15 on the leafs was. (remember that Lombardi is the Leaf who scored the only goal on Price earlier in the game.

So I turned around and said its Lombardi, surprise I know more about the Leafs than some guy in a Leafs jersey.

This set him off so he started to chirp at me which I am not going to lie I enjoy because I do enjoy the comedic relief of antagonizing. We chirped back and forth and the three old leaf fans behind me were laughing, infact I had most of the area around us laughing. One of the old guys gave me a high five or a fist bump during my debate with this guy. Eventually his tears stated to flow and he left the game with 5 or 6 minutes left. All in all it was quite a funny night.

As he was leaving I told him not to cry about a team he clearly knows nothing about.

To top it all off the guy was actually wearing a Leafs #15 jersey with a name plate that read. “LEAFAN”

Not LEAF FAN OR LEAFSFAN

• Upvote 2