All Purpose Gomez Thread

JoeLassister

Gomez almost had 2 against Buffalo

Campoli almost banked his off gomez butt!

since hockey is not his strong point for the last 2 years. I guess he is tring to find a way for his a$$ to be useful to the team :D

Send Gomez to Chicago for M. Frolik & R. Olesz (almost same cap hit) & Chicago needs a centre also send T. Kaberle & M. Darche & ask for Philippe Paradis & Simon Danis-Pepin. Then offer Y. Weber, R, Bourque & A. Kostitsyn to St. Louis for Chris Stewart. The only other ones to move before the deadline would be Nokelainen, Campolli & maybe Diaz & Palushaj. I would offer Diaz , Olesz & Palushaj to Edmonton for L. Smid & Ben Eager. Get picks for Nokelainen & Campolli. Re-sign T. Moen or if he leaves go after B. Prust. Next year we look like this on D: Suppan, Smid, Markov Gorges, Emelin, (sign Matt Carkner to play with Emelin so he can throw his weight around & have someone to protect him, B. Nash as the extra D-man) Up front we look like this Pacioretty, Desharnais, Cole- Plekanec, Gionta, Stewart- Eller, White, Frolik - Geoffrion, Eager, Moen or Prust (Blunden as extra forward to replace Frolik against the tougher teams. We would have a great top 4 on D, 3 solid lines with a smash & bang line that can play a regular shift. No longer will we get man handled by the big bad Bruins.

Hehe, oh boy. Those trades wouldn't even work in NHL 12.

I don't know about everyone else, but trades have been BRUTAL for me in NHL 12. Basically, unless you make it lopsided in the AI's favour, you're looking at rejection after rejection.

I don't know about everyone else, but trades have been BRUTAL for me in NHL 12. Basically, unless you make it lopsided in the AI's favour, you're looking at rejection after rejection.

I got Price for Whitney a 2nd and t throw away prospects, when I was the Oilers. I also got Nash for Smyth and Peckam, might of threw in a 3rd.

NHL 12 has the worse trade system of any NHL game. If your 1st in the league and have the 30th team's 1st round pick, it values it the same as yours. Same thing goes for if your in 30th and have the best team pick, even though it's last in the round, it's same value of yours. Also, if you try to trade a tendered RFA, the other team values it at next to nothing because of the uncertainty, yet if you try to trade for a tendered player they have, they use full player value. The only good thing about draft picks is since the prospects are so bad and the AI in the off-season are so stupid, I always trade my picks away. Get good players and alot of times you'll see really good prospects with B potential not even qualified. I even got a few 80+ overall, B potential, for the entry level contract.

Back on topic now, if you want to move Gomez, buy him a house on the other side of the city. That is about as far as we'll be able to move him.

There is no chance in hell the habs will be able to move gomez this season, they must wait for the offseason when his cap hit will go down to 5 million and hopefully trade him to a bottom feeder who need to add cap to reach the limit. that is your best bet of moving gomez, that or dump him in the minors.

There is no chance in hell the habs will be able to move gomez this season, they must wait for the offseason when his cap hit will go down to 5 million and hopefully trade him to a bottom feeder who need to add cap to reach the limit. that is your best bet of moving gomez, that or dump him in the minors.

His cap hit isn't going down, his actual salary is.

Don;t laugh but there has actually been reports of both the ISlanders and Coyotes looking at Gomez. He is not as bad as he is playing in MTL. I still doubt he goes anywhere but I have heard rumblings none the less.

There is 0 chance he goes to Chicago.

I will tell you that I can actually see him as part of a deal to COlumbus however. If the Pleks for Carter, Brassard rumours are true then Gomez would make sense cap wise. It would requite the cap to take on Huselius as well though.

Back on topic now, if you want to move Gomez, buy him a house on the other side of the city. That is about as far as we'll be able to move him.

I think he could even be moved to St. Rose maybe even St. Bazille (the later might be a better fit, since the air is toxic there already). I wich case he will be all out off the island. If he has to be in the phone both for games then he can take the train. It`s not like he does anything in practice other then get yelled at, right?

Don;t laugh but there has actually been reports of both the ISlanders and Coyotes looking at Gomez. He is not as bad as he is playing in MTL. I still doubt he goes anywhere but I have heard rumblings none the less.

If there were teams looking at him, he would be gone. I don't think we could give him away if we tried. Gomez for a 7th is too much for Gomez right now.

I found what Vincent Damphousse said on l'Antichambre interesting about Gomez. He's ok with Gomez playing now, before the trade deadline. While he's virtually impossible to trade, how's the time to showcase him. But, after the trade deadline, play the younger guys. No point in having Gomez twirling around, avoiding contact.

If someone wanted Gomez, I would trade him for nothing just to get him off the books. If a team has money and cap space, he might be a useful player for them. Especially if they are rebuilding with strong wingers and just need a setup center.

I don't think Gomez is as bad as he has played lately, but he won't recover in Montreal. Give him away, or bury him in the minors.