Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I would disagree and say Price is untradeable and for Subban, i would want a Tavares/Duschene/Mikko Koivu/Couturier type player, but he aint going anywhere and i bet both he and Price get signed to long term deals.

Gauthier has lots of other assets to trade before thinking of dealing Subban.

Would you trade Price and Subban for Fleury and Letang?

Wow, that's a doozy! I think that is one of the most even-proposed trades I`ve seen, for any team. No idea what I would do.

Are you kidding me?

To be honest

Fleury > Price

Letang > Subban

Letang is better than Subban. I'm not convinced Fleury is better than Price, especially given the age difference.

Fleury does the little things right like play well in tight games at the end.

Sure he may let in a softie in the first 50 minutes but the last 10 he is more often than not a WALL.

Letang is better than Subban. I'm not convinced Fleury is better than Price, especially given the age difference.

At this point Fleury is better than Price, but not by much. That being said when Fleury was Price's age, his career as a #1 goalie was on the fence. He was still being bounced from the AHL and NHL. Apparently it was a vision problem and his choice of pad color was affecting his vision of the puck, but who knew, right?

Chris Stewart is supposedly on the block. Do we have what it takes to get him ? I can't make a proposal,as i don't think we have anything they'd wnt to make it worth it for both teams

Strange for a young power forward like that to be moved again.,

Thats said I would love to get him.

Strange for a young power forward like that to be moved again.,

Thats said I would love to get him.

Our 1st is too high to trade.Maybe a couple 2nds and a future 1st. Or a pkg with Gorges? Not to dog the Cammi/Bourque trade,but 4 yrs is too long for him.

Chris Stewart is supposedly on the block. Do we have what it takes to get him ? I can't make a proposal,as i don't think we have anything they'd wnt to make it worth it for both teams

If we could get him that would be great, we wouldn't ever be called small again haha

I notice many more voices talking about the possibility of trading Plekanec. (Not rumours, just mutterings - Boone being the latest). Thoughts?

I think everyone is movable. I think he is a #2 center in a #1 center role. Your asking him to do more than he is capable of. Given how hard it is to get a center in place, I would be reluctant to move him unless you were deep with ones and twos at that position.

I can't see us being able to get him unless the deal included a Subban, cole or maxpac.

If we could get him that would be great, we wouldn't ever be called small again haha

I'd love to get Stewart and the fact Montreal and St.Louis have some trade history is fantastic. St.Louis is in a position where they'd want to win now so my guess is that they would not want prospects at all. They also lack serious depth on D....so.....maybe something like:

Hal Gill, Danny Kristo andthe Habs 2nd this season.

I got a great proposal. Price and Gallager for Columbus'. 1st pick. throw in Ellis or Kristo. 2 picks in the top 4. Tha'st Sam Pollock genius.

Pollack may have been shrewd but that trade proposal aint.

Given Columbus's draft track record they would make that trade in an instant.

I suppose we will sign Budai long term as a #1 will we?

I notice many more voices talking about the possibility of trading Plekanec. (Not rumours, just mutterings - Boone being the latest). Thoughts?

I am a Plekanec fan, but if could trade him and extra stuff for a bigger centre of similar value, why not deal him? But i got a feeling he is going no where, which is also fine by me.

The only untradeable one i see is Price, cause he just cant be replaced and like Plekanec he aint going anywhere.

Pollack may have been shrewd but that trade proposal aint.

Given Columbus's draft track record they would make that trade in an instant.

I suppose we will sign Budai long term as a #1 will we?

Ha ha, that proposal must have been a joke.

You draft Price at #5 overall. So you're in effect trading your #5 pick for the #3 or 4 pick in this year's draft. Plus you're trading Gallagher, widely regarded as an elite prospect. That's not Pollock genius, it's more like Mike Milbury.

(In case this needs clarification, Sam Pollock's patented move was to trade veterans on the back-9 of their careers for top picks, NOT elite young goaltenders and high-end prospects for picks. Sheesh).

Nobody is untradeable except for maybe Price. All others are fair game. I can personally see Plekanec fiting in extremely well with the Red Wings. He seems to be one of those prototypical Wings players.

I think it would be foolish to simply give up on him but if the deal is there....consider it.

Let's see if we can somehow swing a Zetterberg trade. How would Plekanec, maybe a guy like Moen for their playoff run and a mid level pick sound? Maybe see if we can add an up coming prospect or sweeten the pick and also try to lure a Kindl or something.

Zetterberg has a "red wing for life" contract and likely will be a Red Wing for life. If you're trying to get him, it's going to cost you more than just Plekanec, Moen and a mid level pick. You're asking Detroit to remove one of its best players on his first average season of his career.

That said, I agree that Plekanec seems like a Red Wing type player. There's just no room for him in the top six and I doubt Detroit wants to spend $5M per season on a third line center. Moen would make a lot more sense for them.

Yeah, that's basically the same dif. Although if Ovechkin's name came up, well, I'd consider it ;)

I'd take him as well if given the chance. He seems to really love this city so maybe it would work out?

Another guy I'd love to have here is Eric Staal.

Personally I would trade ANY of Gomez, Eller and Desharnais before I would trade Plekanec. Similar to someone's response of asking Detroit to trade Zetterberg because of one average season, the same can be said about Plekanec. On a good team, Plekanec is an essential player to have (think Brad Richards). If we plan on being a good team next year, Plekanec will be more than an important component. Also, why trade someone at his lowest value when you can trade someone like Desharnais when he is playing well above his potential? I'm not really promoting the thought of actually trading Desharnais but the fact remains that we have too many centers on the top few lines. Gomez and Plekanec both get a lot of grief because of their play this season but frankly they are not being give a chance. The only center who consistently has an elite set of wingers is Desharnais.... I like the guy but on a team where Gomez and Plekanec are supposed to be your top two centers, how can you expect them to produce like top two centers when they are not playing in such roles? I think there are a lot of things to look at. Personally I would play Eller on the wing over Gomez. You don't just take someone who has been playing in the league for over a decade and change his position. It's just not smart management.

I certainly digressed here but to make a long story short, I do think it would be a good idea to move one of Eller, Gomez, Plekanec or Desharnais. I also understand that Gomez is extremely hard to move. If it were up to me, he would be the first one I got rid of. But other than that, it would be Eller or Desharnais. Everyone says that we need to get rid of a "good" player to get something solid in return. Eller and Desharnais are just that. The only problem is that you get a specific type of return for these types of players. While Plekanec and Gomez would probably net you some draft picks and prospects included in the deals, Eller and Deshanais would have to be traded for a veteran... because they are already high end "prospects" in their own right. I guess it depends what direction you're looking to go in.

• Upvote 1