Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

No chance TB buys out Lecavalier, they can't afford to pay someone 10mil to not play for them even if he's under-producing. And we can't afford that type of contract for an over-the-hill player. Bergevin is too smart (I believe) to take on that type of deal, and he doesn't seem to be as beholden to the language police as the previous administration (the only reason we would consider taking Lecavalier's contract).

I like the idea of Ryan Clowe, but there'd be a pretty hefty asking price for him. Maybe we'll make a run for him in the summer.

No chance TB buys out Lecavalier, they can't afford to pay someone 10mil to not play for them even if he's under-producing. And we can't afford that type of contract for an over-the-hill player. Bergevin is too smart (I believe) to take on that type of deal, and he doesn't seem to be as beholden to the language police as the previous administration (the only reason we would consider taking Lecavalier's contract).

I like the idea of Ryan Clowe, but there'd be a pretty hefty asking price for him. Maybe we'll make a run for him in the summer.

They have 16 players signed next season and only 6 mil in cap space ( to sign 6 players) I think there is a strong possibility the Bolts buy someone out or make a trade and eat some of the salary.

I think even dumping Kaberle's and Gionta's contracts (both of whom I'd like to unload) for Vinny would be a horrible move. Vinny's got too many years left at too high of a cap hit (8, 9??)

I honestly think trading Lars for Vinny straight up in a cap world would be a horrible move.

Id much rather give that money to Perry should he make the UFA market.

It would make sense for them if they were a big market team, but I really don't think they can afford to pay him to be off the books. Maybe their owner will take the hit like Philly or the Rangers would, but I don't see it happening in TB. They've really screwed themselves for the long term with that deal.

So if Yzerman decides to rebuild with youth in Tampa and shed high-priced contracts - do the Habs make a play for Lecavalier? If so, what would Stevie want?

Lars Eller, Nathan Beaulieu, Tomas Kaberle & 2nd round pick. Obviously Kaberle gets bought out. Tampa clears Vinnie's salary and gets two good prospects and a pick.

Montreal gets a legitimate #1 centre thus improving our depth at the position (Desharnais, Plekanec). Galchenyuk moves to the wing.

Bourque-Lecavalier-Ryder

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gionta

Prust-White-Armstrong

Do you make this trade?

Not in a million years. Lecaviellier is apparently in decline and is signed for a gazillion dollars over the long term. The only way this would happen is if TB kept a portion of his salary which they obviously would not want to do. Even then, I am not really happy with trading an improving young player, a prospect and a pick for a declining asset. As LeBrun, I think, said of VL to Montreal: that ship has sailed.

I would imagine quite a few teams would want in on Ryan Clowe. Depends what San Jose wants I guess. What about Brendan Morrow from Dallas? He could be a good depth move for the bottom six perhaps.

Dallas are in a tight fight for the playoffs and may not have the horses to make it. I wonder if we could pick up Jagr from them as rental for the playoffs. He and plex have chemistry, he's got 17 points in 22 games. Most of his salary would be paid. And he wants to come to Montreal. Might be a good move for say a 3 rd round pick.

Dallas are in a tight fight for the playoffs and may not have the horses to make it. I wonder if we could pick up Jagr from them as rental for the playoffs. He and plex have chemistry, he's got 17 points in 22 games. Most of his salary would be paid. And he wants to come to Montreal. Might be a good move for say a 3 rd round pick.

Bergevin had the chance to sign Jagr in the off-season and didn't. I doubt he'll trade for him now.

I would like to see Bergevin fix one of Gainey's mistakes and get Streit back. I think all it would take is a pick/prospect.

Bergevin had the chance to sign Jagr in the off-season and didn't. I doubt he'll trade for him now.

I would like to see Bergevin fix one of Gainey's mistakes and get Streit back. I think all it would take is a pick/prospect.

Streit is 35. I don't see us being a team that should be moving picks to get old geezers, myself.

Streit is 35. I don't see us being a team that should be moving picks to get old geezers, myself.

35 is a geezer? I guess it depends on your state of mind. :)

I agree, mortgaging the future for immediate help is risky but the Habs have quite a few picks in 2013 - why not see if a 2nd or 3rd will get you Streit?

I would have loved to see Vinny in Montreal five years ago.. even three maybe.. but not now. Not with that contract.

No WAY does Montreal trade for him.. and to be honest, I'd be pretty upset if they traded Eller for him straight up.

Any chance Bergevin goes after Perry or Ryan from Anaheim? My take less to get Ryan.

I would have loved to see Vinny in Montreal five years ago.. even three maybe.. but not now. Not with that contract.

No WAY does Montreal trade for him.. and to be honest, I'd be pretty upset if they traded Eller for him straight up.

Any chance Bergevin goes after Perry or Ryan from Anaheim? My take less to get Ryan.

At this point, the Ducks have no incentive to move Ryan. He's under contract for a couple more years and the Ducks are one of the top teams out West. Perry may get moved if they want to get something for him while they can (since he has said he's testing the market); if they lose him, I would think they'll for sure want to keep Ryan.

At this point, the Ducks have no incentive to move Ryan. He's under contract for a couple more years and the Ducks are one of the top teams out West. Perry may get moved if they want to get something for him while they can (since he has said he's testing the market); if they lose him, I would think they'll for sure want to keep Ryan.

I would expect they would hold onto Perry until draft if their serious about getting a cup this year. Sure the return will be a lot smaller, but not many will care if they win a cup.

yes that's true but is jagr not a cheap rental for the playoffs. not big money now.

yes that's true but is jagr not a cheap rental for the playoffs. not big money now.

Depends how you define cheap. If Dallas wants a prospect like belieau, or a first, the price is too high.

Jagr should have been signed last summer.

Depends how you define cheap. If Dallas wants a prospect like belieau, or a first, the price is too high.

Jagr should have been signed last summer.

I wouldnt give more than a 2nd for Jagr.

Not for the Habs, sure it's great to bolster your lineup before the playoffs but the Habs are a long shot at the cup and why move an asset for a month or two from a player this season?

I wouldnt give more than a 2nd for Jagr.

Not for the Habs, sure it's great to bolster your lineup before the playoffs but the Habs are a long shot at the cup and why move an asset for a month or two from a player this season?

100% agree. Unless we move someone else and get a 2nd back, I really wouldn't want to move the 2nd either. Is jäger signed for 1 year or 2?

If the Stars wanted Gionta for him, I'd make that move in a second!

We were stupid not to pursue Jagr last summer. A 1-year deal, what's the problem?

We gotta be careful with what whe want to do with this team.

Do we want a Jagr ? Or develop a Galagher into a top 6 winger ?

One couldn't really have happened with the other.

We gotta be careful with what whe want to do with this team.

Do we want a Jagr ? Or develop a Galagher into a top 6 winger ?

One couldn't really have happened with the other.

By that logic, we shouldn't have acquired Ryder either.

Like I keep saying, this isn't a team built on a two-line offence. We're a three line team with one 'energy' line, and any of those top-three lines can fuel the offence on any given night. I don't see how having Gio, Jagr, and Galy would have been bad for Galy's development.

I think even dumping Kaberle's and Gionta's contracts (both of whom I'd like to unload) for Vinny would be a horrible move. Vinny's got too many years left at too high of a cap hit (8, 9??)

How about Kaberle and Gionta for Komi, Connelly and McKegg

Like I keep saying, this isn't a team built on a two-line offence. We're a three line team with one 'energy' line, and any of those top-three lines can fuel the offence on any given night. I don't see how having Gio, Jagr, and Galy would have been bad for Galy's development.

Not exactly the same. UFA signing in the summer doesn't free a roster spot like trading Cole did.

Trade our captain to Toronto? Are you nuts?

Just responding to getting rid of Giontas and Kaberles contract. That wisdom of not trading in your own division has been debunked many times. Even shifting back to a divisional playoff format you have six other teams to best,rather than focusing on one team that you trade with. Quite frankly, if I can put my team in a better spot, i do it regardless.

100% agree.

Playing either of them with Jagr would help their development a lot more than having them play with Moen, Armstrong, white, or even Prust. It wasn't a coincidence that Giroux really broke out when playing with Jagr.