Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

The KHL will be getting one helluva line next season:

Sergei Kostitsyn - Mikhail Grabovski - Andrei Kostitsyn

those three plus Komi, Ribero, Hainsey... lots of ex-habs out of a job now

those three plus Komi, Ribero, Hainsey... lots of ex-habs out of a job now

matter of hours for Ribs and Hainsey though.

matter of hours for Ribs and Hainsey though.

There's a possibility that Hainsey gets blacklisted by the NHL GMs for his role in the lockout negotiations.

Happened to Campoli, though he's a lot less talented than Hainsey.

There's a possibility that Hainsey gets blacklisted by the NHL GMs for his role in the lockout negotiations.

Happened to Campoli, though he's a lot less talented than Hainsey.

You mean blacklisted by the owners I guess...

Okay, how about this trade:

To Montreal

- Chris Stewart, RW

- David Perron, LW

To St. Louis

- Tomas Plekanec, C

- Travis Moen, RW

- Michael Bournival, C

Guesswork lines:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Stewart

Bourque - Briere - Gionta

Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher

Perron - White - Prust

Parros, Leblanc

To Montreal

- Chris Stewart, RW

- David Perron, LW

To St. Louis

- Tomas Plekanec, C

- Travis Moen, RW

- Michael Bournival, C

I' do that trade minus Perron and Bournival. I don't think I'd want to risk taking on two new guys who don't play hard on a regular basis. I'd definitley avoid a guy who doesn't always play hard AND has concussion issues.

I' do that trade minus Perron and Bournival. I don't think I'd want to risk taking on two new guys who don't play hard on a regular basis. I'd definitley avoid a guy who doesn't always play hard AND has concussion issues.

So Plex & Moen for Stewart. Thing is, St. Louis takes on almost $7M in salary while Stewart is around $4M. We may need to take another contract back or pay for some of Plex salary.

So Plex & Moen for Stewart. Thing is, St. Louis takes on almost $7M in salary while Stewart is around $4M. We may need to take another contract back or pay for some of Plex salary.

Frankly, I think Pleks should be worth more then Stewart. I just wanted to dump Moen if we can. I still think Edmonton would be a great destination for him.

Frankly, I think Pleks should be worth more then Stewart. I just wanted to dump Moen if we can. I still think Edmonton would be a great destination for him.

Take off the Homer goggles y'all/. You act like Plex is like Datsyuk or Bergeron. Not close. Sorry.Read slowly,If Stl deals Stewart it's because they don't want to spend the money. Why the heck would ANYONE trade a 25 yo power forward for a 30yo smallish $5m two way center that doesn't show up in the playoffs. Move on please. To get Stewart,start the offer with Tinordi/Beaulieu,a 1st and maybe an Eller.

To Montreal

- Chris Stewart, RW

- David Perron, LW

To St. Louis

- Tomas Plekanec, C

- Travis Moen, RW

- Michael Bournival, C

Guesswork lines:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Stewart

Bourque - Briere - Gionta

Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher

Perron - White - Prust

Parros, Leblanc

Moen and Bournival have ZERO trade value

Edited by jcc10

Take off the Homer goggles y'all/. You act like Plex is like Datsyuk or Bergeron. Not close. Sorry.Read slowly,If Stl deals Stewart it's because they don't want to spend the money. Why the heck would ANYONE trade a 25 yo power forward for a 30yo smallish $5m two way center that doesn't show up in the playoffs. Move on please. To get Stewart,start the offer with Tinordi/Beaulieu,a 1st and maybe an Eller.

A lot of teams have called MB enquiring about Plex. Just because you see him as a smallish, useless playoff performer - that doesn't mean it's gospel.

If Montreal is offfering Eller, Tinordi and a 1st then we better be getting back a helluva lot more than Stewart.

Yeah, because Plekanec leading the team in points while playing a defensive role in the playoffs is a sign of not showing up. And two years earlier, finishing 2nd in playoff scoring while playing on the 2nd line (and top checking minutes) is a sign of not showing up. We've already debunked that myth.

As for Bournival not having any trade value, care to explain why? He's a young prospect who actually had a half-decent season in his rookie year with Hamilton (and there weren't many who played even half-decent). Teams aren't falling over themselves to get him I'm sure but there's no way he has zero trade value.

It's true that Pleks doesn't really elevate his game to that fabled "other level" during the playoffs. But by no means does he "fail to show up" either. That is a total myth. Last playoff: 4 points in 5 games. Previous playoff: 5 points in 7 games. 11 pts in 19 games wasn't stellar in 2010 but wasn't horrendous either, considering who he was checking (e.g., Crosby). Basically his playoff perfomance resembles his regular season production, with the exception of 2008, when he forever cast himself in fans' mind as a playoff bust by making his "little girl" remark. If he hadn't said that, nobody would still be blathering on about him as a playoff failure. It's a classic case of a two-second soundbite framing someone's image for all time, the hockey version of Harper attack ads. The difference here is that Pleks was gutsily calling himself out rather than being slandered by a savage PR machine. And it remains ironic that that ballsy act on his part has been used ever since to "prove" his lack of playoff cojones.

• Upvote 2

You must really like Stewart. I don't see it. Frankly, i don't trade any of those items for Stewart let alone several parts. If you are looking for somebody not close to a Bergeron or Datsyuk value try STEWART

What do Chris Stewart, Nathan Horton, David Clarkson, Ryane Clowe and Bobby Ryan have in common?

They are all players who get massively overrated by fans of other teams yet when they get traded away the fans who have actually watched them for years don't really mind seeing them go.

What about Moen and Markov to LA for Matt Greene? Makes sense for both teams...

LA would add $4.7 million in cap - they won't have that much left by the time they re-sign their remaining RFA's.

What do Chris Stewart, Nathan Horton, David Clarkson, Ryane Clowe and Bobby Ryan have in common?

They are all players who get massively overrated by fans of other teams yet when they get traded away the fans who have actually watched them for years don't really mind seeing them go.

I guess all those OT goals,game 7 gwgs and being among playoff scoring leaders for Horton doesn't mean anything. And seeing that either they haven't left or have just left then there has been NO fan reaction available so WTH are you talking about????

Edited by jcc10

You must really like Stewart. I don't see it. Frankly, i don't trade any of those items for Stewart let alone several parts. If you are looking for somebody not close to a Bergeron or Datsyuk talent try STEWART

Totally different player. in case you didn't know, Dats, and Berg aren't power forwards. Our two power forwards are Gio and Gally which is tough on them for obvious reasons.

A lot of teams have called MB enquiring about Plex. Just because you see him as a smallish, useless playoff performer - that doesn't mean it's gospel.

If Montreal is offfering Eller, Tinordi and a 1st then we better be getting back a helluva lot more than Stewart.

How do you know teams were calling about Plex...or Moen for that matter. Pleks being our best all around forward kind of explains why we've been so bad for so long. If you want to acquire a good player by trade you have to take chances or give something good in return. You aren't getting Simmonds or Coburn for Moen,Gorges,Diaz types or Bournival, Pateryn type prospects

Edited by jcc10

Totally different player. in case you didn't know, Dats, and Berg aren't power forwards. Our two power forwards are Gio and Gally which is tough on them for obvious reasons.

I am going to assume thats a typo and you meant to say patches? :P

Last time I checked Gio, despite his best efforts, doesn't have the size to be a powerforward haha.

I am going to assume thats a typo and you meant to say patches? :P

Last time I checked Gio, despite his best efforts, doesn't have the size to be a powerforward haha.

Patches is suppose to be a power forward. You have to go to the net to be one. I didn't see him go past the faceoff circle in the playoffs and 2nd half of the year. he was a big perimeter player. i really hope he goes back to being the type of forward he was when Cole was mentoring him.Gio and Gally are the only forwards on the team that will attempt to crash the net

Edited by jcc10

Burmistrov leaves for the KHL, leaving the Jets in need of a center! Maybe we can send DD and package him with a prospect and a pick to try and get Evander Kane!

What exactly is in it for Winnipeg? They downgrade their franchise forward for Desharnais and a prospect/pick? That doesn't sound ideal for them (and I'm not a big fan of Kane, his off-ice issues will be a massive distraction in Montreal if they were to continue). As for centres, they have Jokinen, Little (RFA), Frolik, Slater, Thorburn, and Scheifele. I don't think they really need a centre - maybe a defensive #3 but that's not Desharnais - and Burmistrov played the wing a lot of the time anyways.