Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Well, of Budaj, Moan or Bourque, who will still be a Hab come fall?

Is there a GM dumb enough to take on a softie like Rene (I hope so, he is only player I want gone).

Moan would be a good pick-up for some teams and Budaj most surely will go somewhere this summer eh?

Moan would be a good pick-up for some teams and Budaj most surely will go somewhere this summer eh?

You'd think so - especially with MacDonald signing - but who still needs a backup goalie? There's only a few teams and there are still goalies available on the UFA market that don't cost a pick (or something) to acquire.

Seems Bergevin is trotting out lots of goalies for Waite to check out.

And seeing as vital importance of the position, might be smart to draft/sign/offer try-outs to them.

Price is turning 27, wont be around and healthy forever, so good to have a Plan 'B & C' in nets.

Hawks shipped out their 1st cup winning goalie and maybe Bergevin has received crazy good offers for Price?

Seems Bergevin is trotting out lots of goalies for Waite to check out.

And seeing as vital importance of the position, might be smart to draft/sign/offer try-outs to them.

Price is turning 27, wont be around and healthy forever, so good to have a Plan 'B & C' in nets.

Hawks shipped out their 1st cup winning goalie and maybe Bergevin has received crazy good offers for Price?

ok Don you have absolutely lost you r mind Price has at least 10 good years in him. Maybe 15.

I am not saying trade him and hope he has another decade of great hockey, just spit-balling why seems so many goalies (seemingly) are on Habs radar, or even bother drafting another one and signing Macdonald, etc.

NO I am100% against trading Price, let me be clear, but GMs do crazy stuff.

I am not saying trade him and hope he has another decade of great hockey, just spit-balling why seems so many goalies (seemingly) are on Habs radar, or even bother drafting another one and signing Macdonald, etc.

NO I am100% against trading Price, let me be clear, but GMs do crazy stuff.

cant fault you there but leave my Pricester alone. :)

• Upvote 1

You'd think so - especially with MacDonald signing - but who still needs a backup goalie? There's only a few teams and there are still goalies available on the UFA market that don't cost a pick (or something) to acquire.

Winnipeg.

Winnipeg.

They have their own Tokarski-type goalie in Mike Hutchinson who signed a two year deal today, the second of which is one-way like Tokarski. Maybe they'd be interested in Budaj but they may opt to just play Hutchinson as the backup next year as that's probably the smarter play long-term. That is one team that could be in the market though.

For all the talk, nay, obsession surrounding Evander Kane, he's still a punk kid who hasn't scored 20 goals or more in three seasons.

He's a chump who hangs around with jailbird/boxing genius Floyd Mayweather. Do we really want to mortgage the future and test the locker room for a guy who scored 19 goals last year? (Gio had 18).

Keep in mind, he's never played in the playoffs, either.

• Upvote 4

He's a chump who hangs around with jailbird/boxing genius Floyd Mayweather.

Yep, skillz out the roof, but this is more than enough reason to keep Plek on the Habs, and Kane where ever someone wants to over pay for him. I don't think he has the make up MB is looking for, well should say I hope not...

I want to get Yakupov, and want to trade Beaulieu and parts to get him, whatever parts I'm not too sure, Bourque, Moen, Beau, not really wanting to trade Plek now because our lineup is looking pretty not too bad:)

If maybe Beaulieu had a 25-30point season, OIl might be interested in trade, but Yakupov is a skilled kid who still projects much higher than Beaulieu & spare parts, I think.

And I would guess Bergevin is settled into own roster issues, dealing with Subban, Eller and maybe also Moan-Budaj to sort out, or deal for a pick or two?

"Never played in the playoffs" is about the weakest reason for not wanting a player on our team one can think up.

If that's the only reason. I heard that about Gilbert, that he was a poor signing because of a lack of playoff experience. In the case of Evander Kane...let's see?

1) Criminally overrated. Scored exactly 30 goals once in four seasons, his next high is 19 goals. Hasn't even won top minutes/linemates/pp time on a non-playoff team.

2) Criminal in genera;. Punching out people on the streets. Skipping out on restaurant tabs,

3) Digital drama. Making light of Giroux. Keeping company with Mayweather, and posting a stack of money as a phone to impress him on Instagram. "Favorites" trade rumors on instagram.

4)Tries to hit Alexei Emelin over the head with his helmet during a game awhile back. Refused to fight Prust the following game.

5) Smells the blood around Claude Noel last season, and challenges him over a healthy scratch in the media.

6) Healthy scratch. No better than the Bourques, Brieres, Ellers of the world. Headcases.

7) Not at all coachable.

This fanboy crap around Kane is unbelievable.

Hockey fans who think Kane will help their team win:

Before-----------> :wub:

After-------------> :scared::wall::flaming:

• Upvote 1

If that's the only reason. I heard that about Gilbert, that he was a poor signing because of a lack of playoff experience. In the case of Evander Kane...let's see?

1) Criminally overrated. Scored exactly 30 goals once in four seasons, his next high is 19 goals. Hasn't even won top minutes/linemates/pp time on a non-playoff team.

2) Criminal in genera;. Punching out people on the streets. Skipping out on restaurant tabs,

3) Digital drama. Making light of Giroux. Keeping company with Mayweather, and posting a stack of money as a phone to impress him on Instagram. "Favorites" trade rumors on instagram.

4)Tries to hit Alexei Emelin over the head with his helmet during a game awhile back. Refused to fight Prust the following game.

5) Smells the blood around Claude Noel last season, and challenges him over a healthy scratch in the media.

6) Healthy scratch. No better than the Bourques, Brieres, Ellers of the world. Headcases.

7) Not at all coachable.

This fanboy crap around Kane is unbelievable.

Hockey fans who think Kane will help their team win:

Before-----------> :wub:

After-------------> :scared::wall::flaming:

Totally agree with the general idea of this post.

A large city full of distractions and nightclubs like Montreal, let alone all the media coverage and the fact that everybody recognize you on the street, is the worse place for a guy like Evander Kane.

The only way we'll see Kane in Montreal is on the front page of Allo Police.

Yep, skillz out the roof, but this is more than enough reason to keep Plek on the Habs, and Kane where ever someone wants to over pay for him. I don't think he has the make up MB is looking for, well should say I hope not...I want to get Yakupov, and want to trade Beaulieu and parts to get him, whatever parts I'm not too sure, Bourque, Moen, Beau, not really wanting to trade Plek now because our lineup is looking pretty not too bad:)

I might listen if MacTavish wanted Eller and Beaulieu for Yakupov. That fits both team's needs IMO.

I might listen if MacTavish wanted Eller and Beaulieu for Yakupov. That fits both team's needs IMO.

I would listen and chuckle.

But a big young improving 2 way centre, good on the PK and the most skilled d-prospect they got is a bit overkill and a non-starter.

Beauieu and a 1st pick I would offer and if want crap like Bourque/Moan/Budaj toss that in also.

Guest Stogey24

But a big young improving 2 way centre, good on the PK and the most skilled d-prospect they got is a bit overkill and a non-starter.

Beauieu and a 1st pick I would offer and if want crap like Bourque/Moan/Budaj toss that in also.

Amen

It would be a very bad idea for the Habs to trade a veteran of Plex's caliber just after trading Gorges and letting Gionta go. We need some veterans to mentor the young guns

Edm needs some veteran presence and defense, and just may go for some veteran parts and a D like Beaulieu, for the mess they have made out of Yak...

No, I wouldn't trade Eller or Plek, but as it stands, Yak hasn't proven anything more than Beaulieu has, so not so far fetched.... yep, I'd do that Beau and a first in a minute....

You wouldn't be giving away Beaulieu, but trading skilled young d for skilled young forward.

Would love to see Beaulieu be a top pairing d-man this year, but same can be said about Gallagher getting 50 goals this year...nice dream.

Don't think anyone questions Beaulieu's confidence, skills & skating; but, his mental game is suspect.

As well, Habs have guys with good puck skills in Hamilton, in Pateryn, Bennett, Dietz, Thrower (and uggg... Nygren), which may make parting with Beaulieu for skilled forward palatable (unlikely but wouldn't be a huge surprise).

Can Chicago really be competitive having both Kane & Toews signed to max contracts?

Neither will get true max deals (20% of the cap). With them in the 10-12 range, I think they can make it work, their contract structure in terms of who's up over the next few seasons should allow them to keep their top players around. Their depth will suffer eventually but for the next few years, they should be fine.