Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Not sure whats the hurry to trade a hard hitting d men we have waited for for quite sometime . Emelin had a bit of an unfair advantage playing on the wrong side for awhile and he is still young and can put it together still. Play him on the bottom pairing let him find his game. how soon we forget lucic flying thru the air and put on his backside a lot. Who else on this team can do that and keep doing it and not shying away from the tough going. We can never have enough guys that hit hard and play decent hockey. Same for DD the guy doesnt quit ever. Goes to the net, gets in the corner and battles. He is a 50 to 60 point player and has shown he can play with others not just patches. We are getting a head of ourselves look at our record. This guy is very happy and we have a great young team yes young look at our core and we have guys coming that with make use better. Guy's that will be traded are allen weaver and gilbert. MB has done a lot of great moves this year and i believe he will do the right thing. Bourque gone meon gone budaj done. We improved in every one of there spots on the team. Mb is making room for young guys and making players ear there spots. Cheers follow habs fans and have a great new year.

• Upvote 1

I kinda hear ya BostonHab(that just sounds weird) about Emelin, I've always liked him, but he has brain cramps nearly every night that rival a young Beaulieu, and Emelin is not really that young.

Trading Gilbert, Weaver and Allen will not get you a 25$ Tim's card, so if we had to trade a Dman's contract that is not giving us it's worth, it may be Emelin, if it's a Dman that lands you a Yakupov that is.

I do agree that unless Tinordi can replace him, right now Emelin isn't really that easily replaced because of what you said about what he brings physically, but to get Yakupov, you bet your farm I would trade DD, Emelin, and a 1st in a heartbeat, and throw in Allen...

You also have yourself a great New Year!

Desharnais + Emelin + 1st

For

Yakupov?

Why does Emelin waive his NTC to go from one of the top teams in the league in the standings to one of the biggest laughingstocks in the league? I also don't see them putting much value on Desharnais. If you want Yakupov, you're parting with multiple young assets (one of which could be a first rounder). If Emelin's and Desharnais' contracts are perceived around the league as bad like they are on here, Edmonton isn't going to part with a still somewhat promising youngster to get them.

Why does Emelin waive his NTC to go from one of the top teams in the league in the standings to one of the biggest laughingstocks in the league? I also don't see them putting much value on Desharnais. If you want Yakupov, you're parting with multiple young assets (one of which could be a first rounder). If Emelin's and Desharnais' contracts are perceived around the league as bad like they are on here, Edmonton isn't going to part with a still somewhat promising youngster to get them.

Easy! Comrade Nikita Nikitin!

Why does Emelin have a NTC? Did Peter Chiarelli make this deal?

Why does Emelin have a NTC? Did Peter Chiarelli make this deal?

Emelin was heading into UFA at the end of last year had he not signed the extension. Given that a high percentage of quality unrestricted free agents get some sort of no-trade protection (Emelin's isn't a permanent full NTC, it does lessen in the final two years), it's understandable to think Emelin would merit some sort of one. (And physical defencemen are even more in demand; if he'd have went to free agency, I'd be confident in suggesting he'd have landed an NTC there too.)

I kinda hear ya BostonHab(that just sounds weird) about Emelin, I've always liked him, but he has brain cramps nearly every night that rival a young Beaulieu, and Emelin is not really that young.

Trading Gilbert, Weaver and Allen will not get you a 25$ Tim's card, so if we had to trade a Dman's contract that is not giving us it's worth, it may be Emelin, if it's a Dman that lands you a Yakupov that is.

I do agree that unless Tinordi can replace him, right now Emelin isn't really that easily replaced because of what you said about what he brings physically, but to get Yakupov, you bet your farm I would trade DD, Emelin, and a 1st in a heartbeat, and throw in Allen...

You also have yourself a great New Year!

Gilbert will get you something and remember we signed him so if we get a pick or young player then thats a big bonus. Allen was a salary dump and teams want and need dman depth for the playoffs so we will get something. We got weaver for a 5th i think i am sure we can get more then that for him now. Weaver isnt a problem and i like his game. I just hope One or more of our young dmen are ready next year. Question about yak is with all that talent to play with why arent we seeing a promising player?

Emelin was heading into UFA at the end of last year had he not signed the extension. Given that a high percentage of quality unrestricted free agents get some sort of no-trade protection (Emelin's isn't a permanent full NTC, it does lessen in the final two years), it's understandable to think Emelin would merit some sort of one. (And physical defencemen are even more in demand; if he'd have went to free agency, I'd be confident in suggesting he'd have landed an NTC there too.)

He got a full NTC???? that seems excessive and is one of the problems i have with NHL GM's - giving second and third tier talent NTC protection.

Gilbert will get you something and remember we signed him so if we get a pick or young player then thats a big bonus. Allen was a salary dump and teams want and need dman depth for the playoffs so we will get something. We got weaver for a 5th i think i am sure we can get more then that for him now. Weaver isnt a problem and i like his game. I just hope One or more of our young dmen are ready next year. Question about yak is with all that talent to play with why arent we seeing a promising player?

I would be knocking on the Jets door to unload Gilbert or Allen.

I don't see the Habs moving Gilbert (or Weaver) out willingly. Bergevin likes depth for when injuries strike. Allen might be another story since he was likely a salary match instead of a targeted pickup but if they were to move him, my guess is that they'd want another blueliner coming back.

He got a full NTC???? that seems excessive and is one of the problems i have with NHL GM's - giving second and third tier talent NTC protection.

Full this year and next, limited the other two (and unfortunately I don't know the breakdown past that).

looks like the Pens just got David Perron for a 1st rounder and somebody named klinkhammer. could MB be wheeling and dealing soon?

It seems a bit early for Bergevin to make a notable move. The Habs are humming along in 1st/2nd in the division and aren't dealing with a rash of injuries (Pittsburgh is - 6 players on LTIR right now, hence the trade). As much as we all have a good sense for what the team needs, I suspect they'll wait a bit to see which one becomes most dire or if the injury bug strikes, forcing their hand in another direction.

It seems a bit early for Bergevin to make a notable move. The Habs are humming along in 1st/2nd in the division and aren't dealing with a rash of injuries (Pittsburgh is - 6 players on LTIR right now, hence the trade). As much as we all have a good sense for what the team needs, I suspect they'll wait a bit to see which one becomes most dire or if the injury bug strikes, forcing their hand in another direction.

I think the Habs are actively looking at rental top six RWs. Parenteau is getting a shot with Plekanec and DD right now to see if he can get scoring again. If he looks to be a third line mainstay I see the Habs pulling the trigger.

I like Perron, but not 1st round pick like.

And as long as Habs stay healthy and top 1/2 standings, can still deal from position of strength.

I think the Habs prospect pool is 10x deeper than Pittsburgh's and I'd still be weary to give up our first round pick for scoring help.

On HF, Kasperi Kapanen and Derrick Pouliot are their 8.0 players. Two others are 7.5's and 13 are 7.0's. Habs currently have two 8.0's, seven 7.5's and 14 7.0's. And that's with the Habs already having Galchenyuk and Gallagher up and playing under 23. And I still wouldn't trade our first for a player, not unless we were moving it with a second for a better first round pick.

I think the Habs prospect pool is 10x deeper than Pittsburgh's and I'd still be weary to give up our first round pick for scoring help.

On HF, Kasperi Kapanen and Derrick Pouliot are their 8.0 players. Two others are 7.5's and 13 are 7.0's. Habs currently have two 8.0's, seven 7.5's and 14 7.0's. And that's with the Habs already having Galchenyuk and Gallagher up and playing under 23. And I still wouldn't trade our first for a player, not unless we were moving it with a second for a better first round pick.

I would trade 1st round pick for scoring help. Just not for a rental.

Throw in a 1st in a package for, say, Eberle. In a heartbeat. Keep in mind that our 1st is most likely gonna be a late or even very late 1st.

PIttsburgh is looking good on defense. Their scoring problems will continue from the looks of their prospect pool. I think they're going to be relying on Blake Comeau next year, scary.

I would trade 1st round pick for scoring help. Just not for a rental.

Throw in a 1st in a package for, say, Eberle. In a heartbeat. Keep in mind that our 1st is most likely gonna be a late or even very late 1st.

Yes I agree, I think our time of stockpiling for the future is over we now need to take a stand and make a run for the cup. We can afford to trade some picks or prospects to fill in the blanks. Our greatest asset Mr C Price has a good window of 5 years I would say so we need 3 cups in the next 5 years. AT LEAST. :halm:

I'd package our 1st for yakupov

Apparently he likes the bars and the party scene a little too much. Torterella may be an idiot, but when he labelled the guy a "project," that was probably revealing.

Yes I agree, I think our time of stockpiling for the future is over we now need to take a stand and make a run for the cup. We can afford to trade some picks or prospects to fill in the blanks. Our greatest asset Mr C Price has a good window of 5 years I would say so we need 3 cups in the next 5 years. AT LEAST. :halm:

:halm:

Actually, were Marc Bergevin to do his usual diligence and decide to trade for Kassian, I would be very happy (as long as the sticker price was not too high). It is exactly in picking up these kinds of prospects who are out of favor that GM's sometimes srike gold. As we are constantly reminded we could use a power forward and they often take longer to develop.

Kassian isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but he is a tool, ever look at that guy?

He'll never pass the IQ test required to put on a Hab's jersey... MT does the test personally, you know, he is the resident genius :clap: