Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Martin St. Louis? I know he is not really what we need since he is past his prime and small but he does play right wing, from Laval, and also still put up 52 points in 74 games this season. Not that it's likely that he would be convinced to come to Montreal since he wants to stay in the New York area, on a cheap one year contract wouldn't be bad. It was only last years deadline that he and a second round pick got Callahan, a first round pick, a second round pick and a seventh round pick.

No to all the French has beens. We already brought in an over the hill Briere, luckily vinny turned down MB, the last thing we need is a washed up St. Louis.

Martin St. Louis? I know he is not really what we need since he is past his prime and small but he does play right wing, from Laval, and also still put up 52 points in 74 games this season. Not that it's likely that he would be convinced to come to Montreal since he wants to stay in the New York area, on a cheap one year contract wouldn't be bad. It was only last years deadline that he and a second round pick got Callahan, a first round pick, a second round pick and a seventh round pick.

Guest Stogey24

Two deals that require no trade clauses to all be agreed upon.

To Montreal

- Patrick Marleau ($6.67M)

To San Jose

- Alexei Emelin ($4.1M)

- Lars Eller ($3.5M)

- 1st Round Pick 2015

Reason: Marleau either wants to retire a Shark or not. If he doesn't want to, Montreal is a good place for him. A veteran who knows how to score game winning goals in the playoffs, Marleau would allow Galchenyuk to move to the middle of the ice. If Marleau goes, Thornton would be going soon after. That allows Couture and Pavelski to move to the center of the ice in San Jose permanently. In that situation, they will need a third line center to back them up. That's where Eller comes in. The Sharks are looking for a top four defenceman this summer and Emelin covers that. Habs save some money on the cap but to acquire a Sharks legend like Marleau, they will need to cough up a first round pick.

To Montreal

- Chris Higgins ($2.5M)

To Vancouver

- David Desharnais ($3.5M)

Reason: There was word that Vancouver told Higgins he wouldn't be around next year. The Canucks are hardly solidified at center for next season. They have Sedin of course but after that it's Nick Bonino and Bo Horvat. Shawn Matthias is likely playing elsewhere as he's a UFA. They could use a guy like David Desharnais in case Horvat can't fill a top six role or Bonino struggles. On the third line, Higgins is good for 10-15 goals, maybe more if his stick gets hot. He's older than he was the last run in Montreal. He'll be a good veteran to play beside De La Rose. Habs save a million but that million disappears from buying out Parenteau.

Result

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher

Marleau - Galchenyuk - Smith-Pelly

Higgins - De La Rose - Weise

Prust - Mitchell (re-signed) - Flynn

Parenteau bought out

Definitely like to see Marleau come to Montreal. He's lost a step, but he'd be a great addition to the Habs.

Do we really need a guy who fades down the stretch and in the playoffs?

Definitely like to see Marleau come to Montreal. He's lost a step, but he'd be a great addition to the Habs.

Guest Stogey24

21pts in his last 30 games this past season and had 7 points in 7 games in 2013 post season...

21pts in his last 30 games this past season and had 7 points in 7 games in 2013 post season...

Marleau tends to start hot (regular season and playoffs), but in the games that count he can't be counted on. During the SJ collapse against the kings, he was one of the biggest no shows.

Last year looked bad for him. Then again, this year looked bad for Malkin and he's currently one of the Top 20 all-time best playoff point per games players and has won a Conn Smythe. You shouldn't ignore an entire players production based on one or two bad playoff series. He needs out of San Jose. He's there purely out of loyalty and nothing else. Hard to be passionate about that. Bring him to Montreal, he'll be hungry for a Cup. The fade has happened in recent years where the Sharks have constantly choked. Is he a part of it? Sure, but this is a guy with 15 playoff game winning goals. More than Lafleur. If we can get him, we should get him.

Like St Louis more than Marleau...a ton cheaper to pick Martin up as he cant be in real demand is he? He maybe sees Habs as contender and one more cup?

Bergevin seems to be fond of over the hill Quebec born players with "character' and lots of experience... so why not? :blush:

Marleau is at the start of his decline. No way would I want to give up a first and other assets for a guy who has one or two productive years at most in him. We already had old useless Gomez and Briere. We also gave away Chelios for a washed up Savard. Marleau is closer to bring done than Savard was.

Marleau is not still in SJ out of loyalty to the team. He's blocked trade attempts, because he enjoys the California lifestyle and weather.

I want the Habs who's best years are still ahead of him, or at least can produce at his historical rate.

M

Last year looked bad for him. Then again, this year looked bad for Malkin and he's currently one of the Top 20 all-time best playoff point per games players and has won a Conn Smythe. You shouldn't ignore an entire players production based on one or two bad playoff series. He needs out of San Jose. He's there purely out of loyalty and nothing else. Hard to be passionate about that. Bring him to Montreal, he'll be hungry for a Cup. The fade has happened in recent years where the Sharks have constantly choked. Is he a part of it? Sure, but this is a guy with 15 playoff game winning goals. More than Lafleur. If we can get him, we should get him.

St. Louis is more washed up than Denis Savard was. I wouldn't call a sulking primma Donna who demanded a trade because he was upset at his GM for not selecting him for the Olympic team a character player.

I'm also sick of picking up has been Quebec players (Savard, Briere), useless ones (PAP), or drafting the next French hope (Leblanc). Just go after the best damn players damnit!! We already restrict our talent pool with idiotic coaching and management hiring policies, we don't need to further handcuff the team based on player selection.

Like St Louis more than Marleau...a ton cheaper to pick Martin up as he cant be in real demand is he? He maybe sees Habs as contender and one more cup?

Bergevin seems to be fond of over the hill Quebec born players with "character' and lots of experience... so why not? :blush:

No to all the French has beens. We already brought in an over the hill Briere, luckily vinny turned down MB, the last thing we need is a washed up St. Louis.

You're right, but I'm sure we're in for a solid month of MSL rumors. I bet his agent starts them, just like Jagr.

St Louis or Justin Williams might be fine UFA to add?

If were to trade Gilbert I would hope can get, say from LA a Nick Ebert or Nic Dowd or similar middling prospect from some team.

Not sure who would need, want Emelin, be acceptable to him to waive NTC and also have what would help Habs?

Not sure why the fixation on has beens?? St. Louis is done and Williams is close to being done and will be looking for a big payday.

St Louis or Justin Williams might be fine UFA to add?

If were to trade Gilbert I would hope can get, say from LA a Nick Ebert or Nic Dowd or similar middling prospect from some team.

Not sure who would need, want Emelin, be acceptable to him to waive NTC and also have what would help Habs?

Because Bergevin seems to like those types and will likely go that route vs anteing up for a Stafford/Frolik. After perusing teams needing d-men that Emelin would agree to, seems limited.

So Gilbert going bye bye will only free up a bit of cap room and signing a cheaper forward seems in the cards and Bergevin's style.

What Plekanec brings to the team is likely too hard too trade & replace, DD isn't worth anything and trading Eller seems unlikely, so instead of big trade will simply add a UFA forward.

There is zero chance that Saad is available. I'd pass on Sharp.

M

Chicago is going to have cap issues and will need to make trades I would see what we can pluck from them. Wouldn't mind sharp or saad on this team.

Guest Stogey24

Vermette will probably make more than 5 mill next year. I don't think he's worth that kind of money.

Especially putting up 3 assists in 19 games down the stretch.

Vermette will probably make more than 5 mill next year. I don't think he's worth that kind of money.

Especially putting up 3 assists in 19 games down the stretch.

Yeah but that was on a new team that he joined after the deadline. Takes some time getting use to new teammates and line mates.

• Upvote 1

I would not pass on Sharp if the chance was there to get him reasonably... good player, period.

Very good player who would look good in Hab top six for sure.

There is zero chance that Saad is available. I'd pass on Sharp.

M

Come on you would pass on Kane? 26 years old 557 points in 556 games. You would pass? I would give my eye teeth (whats left of them) to get him. You must tell me what the problem is with this guy cause I don't see one.

I'd take Kane in a hearbeat. Sharp is who I'd pass on.

Come on you would pass on Kane? 26 years old 557 points in 556 games. You would pass? I would give my eye teeth (whats left of them) to get him. You must tell me what the problem is with this guy cause I don't see one.