Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Sharp had 43 points in 68 game playing with the much more offensively skilled Hawks last season. Who knows if he'll ever hit 50 points again. I'd be surprised if he was still in the NHL in 5 years. As a comparison, Pacioretty had 67 points last season, I don't think Sharp is on his level anymore.

I would cost more and he might not be available but if he is, I would gladly pay more for Eric Stall. Maybe Tinnordi, 2016 1st rounder and McCarron?

Sharp had 43 points in 68 game playing with the much more offensively skilled Hawks last season. Who knows if he'll ever hit 50 points again. I'd be surprised if he was still in the NHL in 5 years. As a comparison, Pacioretty had 67 points last season, I don't think Sharp is on his level anymore.

I would cost more and he might not be available but if he is, I would gladly pay more for Eric Stall. Maybe Tinnordi, 2016 1st rounder and McCarron?

please please never apply for the habs GM role....

we need some offense. how about Smith-Pelly for Sekac?

oh wait - nvm

we need some offense. how about Smith-Pelly for Sekac?

oh wait - nvm

They both had exactly 23 points last season. 23 points in the season and zero in the playoffs for Sekac, 20 points in the season plus three in the playoffs for DSP.

I guess you mean the illusion of offence?

Dallas is looking for a "heavy" defenseman, how about an Emelin for Cody Eakin swap?

Judging by Dallas' first round picks, they aren't shy about Russians. Slot Eakin in with Plekanec and Galchenyuk, and he's a natural center, so maybe there's a fit when Plekanec's deal is up?

Just spit balling, but I know Dallas is looking for that kind of defenseman.

Edit: I meant to put this in the RW thread.

please please never apply for the habs GM role....

You have to over pay on web forums or people just say that you re dreaming. But seriously, next years 1 will likely be a late first, tinordi may never amount to any better than a 5-6 and who knows what maccron will turn into, so far I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. Stall is only 30 and if you look at his numbers on a less than great Carolina team it looks like he has some good years left

So if Hawks & Habs deal for Sharp.

Would Pateryn, McCarron & 2016 2nd do it? (I can already here the..NO WAY trade McCarron, mostly because he 6'5" 1,000lber).

How bout Pateryn, Andrighetto & 2016 1st do it? (assume late 1st pick and do have two 2nds still)

So if Hawks & Habs deal for Sharp.

Would Pateryn, McCarron & 2016 2nd do it? (I can already here the..NO WAY trade McCarron, mostly because he 6'5" 1,000lber).

How bout Pateryn, Andrighetto & 2016 1st do it? (assume late 1st pick and do have two 2nds still)

No because if habs deal for sharp the hawks would have to take some salary back. So Eller or emelin would have to be part of the deal.

Just finished looking at this years UFA. None strikes me as an upgrade.

But, here's an idea:

Sign Richards as the new 2nd line center. (Brad or Mike!)

Then trade Plekanec and Jared Tinordi to team that lacks a defensive minded 2nd line center for a top line scoring center?.

How about Logan Couture?

Just finished looking at this years UFA. None strikes me as an upgrade.

But, here's an idea:

Sign Richards as the new 2nd line center. (Brad or Mike!)

Then trade Plekanec and Jared Tinordi to team that lacks a defensive minded 2nd line center for a top line scoring center?.

How about Logan Couture?

That's tough because Tinordi's value is at best a passable #6 and Plekanec is UFA after this year, They won't get Couture, but they might be able to get Staal if they throw in a 1st.

Semin is being bought out.....is he finished? or is there some left in the tank (I haven't paid him any attention is a while)

Brad Boyes is being bought out....

Both of these guys are RW and could be had for cheap.

I'd take a 1 year $1.5m to $2m flee in Semin, but someone would probably be dumb enough to throw more term and money at him.

Semin is being bought out.....is he finished? or is there some left in the tank (I haven't paid him any attention is a while)

Brad Boyes is being bought out....

Both of these guys are RW and could be had for cheap.

Semin has some problems in his wrist, which makes his most effective ability (scoring) weakened. A healthy Semin I'd sign in a second. Otherwise nope.

Boyes is really intriguing to me. Older player? Sure, but he's good for 40 points and is the second best shootout player in NHL history. I mean, for $1M I'd consider it.

We don't need to over pay for a top rw. We just need to bring in people that show up in the playoffs. If mb can get picks for Eller and emelin I would take it. With the money we save Sign beauchemin, hodgson, frolik

Pacioretty/Desharnais/Gallagher

Galchenyuk/Plekanec/frolik

Rose/hodgson/Pelly

Prust/Mitchell/Weise

Markov/subban

Beaulieu/petry

Beauchemin / Tinordi

I would be happy going into the year with that line up.

We don't need to over pay for a top rw. We just need to bring in people that show up in the playoffs. If mb can get picks for Eller and emelin I would take it. With the money we save Sign beauchemin, hodgson, frolik

Hodgson has one assist in twelve career playoff games (and hasn't been in the playoffs for four years). I wouldn't put him in the playoff performer category. Beauchemin would be interesting on a short-term deal if Emelin were to move though. He'd be a good veteran to work with the youngsters.

Semin has some problems in his wrist, which makes his most effective ability (scoring) weakened. A healthy Semin I'd sign in a second. Otherwise nope.

Boyes is really intriguing to me. Older player? Sure, but he's good for 40 points and is the second best shootout player in NHL history. I mean, for $1M I'd consider it.

Florida might be a team to watch. Their biggest need is on the wings. They have to have something in the works.

Emelin, 1st & Lehkonen for Oshie? pretty even in salarycap hit.

Oshie would be a definite upgrade on Paranteau; but, what would St Louis really be looking for to pry Oshie away?

Ek (take that for what it's worth) states Edmonton could be involved in a three for three trade with a team in the East...

Eller, Tinordi, and Prospect??/Picks for Yakupov, McCarron, Khaira

Just guessing...

Ek (take that for what it's worth) states Edmonton could be involved in a three for three trade with a team in the East...

Eller, Tinordi, and Prospect??/Picks for Yakupov, McCarron, Khaira

Just guessing...

The one thing I learned from ek is when he post news about the habs and players linked to the habs, those players never end up coming to the habs.

• Upvote 1

The one thing I learned from ek is when he post news about the habs and players linked to the habs, those players never end up coming to the habs.

EK is a turd for accurate trade rumours...

If nothing happens and MB doesn't acquire the elite RW we all want him to get: I expect McCarron to get a hard look at camp to fill that role.

The only Hab stuff he was ever correct on involved Danny Briere, and the only Flyers stuff he was correct on involved Briere. In other words, one of his only sources was someone who personally knew Briere.

Guest Stogey24

EK is a turd for accurate trade rumours...

If nothing happens and MB doesn't acquire the elite RW we all want him to get: I expect McCarron to get a hard look at camp to fill that role.

with the P.A buyout, there will be an off season acquisition. Maybe not tomorrow, but a RW will be brought in.