Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Yes, Eller has a good game 2 or 3 times a month... thats what he does. That doesn't make him a top 6 capable forward.

Plekanec 20

Eller 7

Why are you even arguing when Plekanec is outscoring him almost 3 to 1? Heck in another 3 weeks, Plekanec will likely have more points than Eller will score all season.

No arguement here. Stats thats all. According to Eller bashers Larry is a bum and Pleks is a superstar.

Not counting empty nets

Pleks 15 (first line mates Gally Pax, powerplay pk,)

Eller 7 (line mates Chucky Semin no powerplay)

Yea i would hope he could out point Larry by 8 (with a goalie in net)

Most first line centers can and should atleast double the points of the third line winger. Check all 29 teams if ya don't believe me.

Both players are doing their jobs.

Someone has to stick up for Larry! I will do it.

• Upvote 1

Beaulieu

Eller

pick or prospect (presumably not a first-rounder)

for

Eberle

Takers?

Nope.

We need Beaulieu.... without him, Markov plays too many minutes and is burned out for the playoffs.

It'd take more than Eberle (who is really poor in his own end) to make me give up Beau.

Nope.

We need Beaulieu.... without him, Markov plays too many minutes and is burned out for the playoffs.

It'd take more than Eberle (who is really poor in his own end) to make me give up Beau.

The question is how good Beaulieu's going to be. At his current form I'd make the trade, but it's reasonable to assume that he'll continue to improve and be a valuable player for years to come.

Which (presumably available) player would be worth trading Beaulieu for?

I guess the question is who is the best player that we'd let go to get a really good player? Beaulieu or someone less valuable like Eller or Emelin? Top quality NHLers rarely move without a good NHLer going the other way.

Ah man, I can't believe people still want to trade Beaulieu. He's becoming a big part of this D-core. Fading Emelin out

Emelin's fading Emelin out.

He caught a bout of Tinordi-itus... :thumbs_down:

Emelin has sucked since the knee injury, and for a smart guy, he sure is dumb on the ice sometimes.

Guest Stogey24

I'd like to see what andrighetto can do before making a a huge move. I do agree we need a top 6 RW though if we're looking to make a run at the cup

I'd like to see what andrighetto can do before making a a huge move. I do agree we need a top 6 RW though if we're looking to make a run at the cup

Absolutely, but that's also something we're better to add at the deadline. As much as trades are fun, we have every reason to be patient.

We lead the entire league in goals. Have five more goals than the Stars. We've allowed the fifth least amount of goals in the league. Third best powerplay. Second best penalty kill. Fourth in shots per game.

No arguement here. Stats thats all. According to Eller bashers Larry is a bum and Pleks is a superstar.

Not counting empty nets

Pleks 15 (first line mates Gally Pax, powerplay pk,)

Eller 7 (line mates Chucky Semin no powerplay)

Yea i would hope he could out point Larry by 8 (with a goalie in net)

Most first line centers can and should atleast double the points of the third line winger. Check all 29 teams if ya don't believe me.

Both players are doing their jobs.

Someone has to stick up for Larry! I will do it.

Im saying that Eller is a good thirdliner that is overpayed. Not a total worthless bum.

Im saying Plekanec is a very capable top6 center that is atop of the league defensively. Not a Toews, Crosby or Stamkos superstar.

Emelin has sucked since the knee injury, and for a smart guy, he sure is dumb on the ice sometimes.

How do we know he's smart?

We're in no rush to get a scorer. We lead the league in goals. Giving up a guy like Beaulieu creates a bigger hole, especially since he's looking top four now.

Yeah I agree there's no rush. We still have a need for an offensive forward, though.

I'm not quite sold on Beaulieu yet. His potential is there, but for me he's been inconsistent and mistake-prone this year. Not the worst, but not looking top-4 on a regular basis. I still believe he can get there given his age and skillset. It kind of reminds me of people judging Chucky's play two years ago; people were seeing a PPG guy because they wanted to.

How do we know he's smart?

Yeah I agree there's no rush. We still have a need for an offensive forward, though.

I'm not quite sold on Beaulieu yet. His potential is there, but for me he's been inconsistent and mistake-prone this year. Not the worst, but not looking top-4 on a regular basis. I still believe he can get there given his age and skillset. It kind of reminds me of people judging Chucky's play two years ago; people were seeing a PPG guy because they wanted to.

Respectively disagree. I'm not the type to wear rose colored glasses when it comes to prospects but Beaulieu's been improving every game and does not look out of place on the 2nd pairing with Petry. Unlike most, I'm an Emelin fan and still think that Beaulieu has clearly passed him (only recently) on the depth chart. Perhaps it's possible that you're being a little cautious with Beaulieu because of past experiences with people's judgement of Hab prospects, such as the Galchenyuk example you used.

Respectively disagree. I'm not the type to wear rose colored glasses when it comes to prospects but Beaulieu's been improving every game and does not look out of place on the 2nd pairing with Petry. Unlike most, I'm an Emelin fan and still think that Beaulieu has clearly passed him (only recently) on the depth chart. Perhaps it's possible that you're being a little cautious with Beaulieu because of past experiences with people's judgement of Hab prospects, such as the Galchenyuk example you used.

He doesn't look out of place with Petry because Petry makes his partners look good.

I'm an Emelin fan too, he's mostly just overpaid and has his gaffes.

He doesn't look out of place with Petry because Petry makes his partners look good.

I'm an Emelin fan too, he's mostly just overpaid and has his gaffes.

Petry definitely helps the transition, and I was going to mention that, but Beaulieu has looked more confident with the puck offensively and has made some nice individual plays of his own. The only thing I agree with is that he needs to shoot the puck a little more. On the other hand, a lot of coaches like the safe play and dumping the puck into the corner is that safe play.

Im saying that Eller is a good thirdliner that is overpayed. Not a total worthless bum.

Im saying Plekanec is a very capable top6 center that is atop of the league defensively. Not a Toews, Crosby or Stamkos superstar.

Exactly thats what I've read from you... thats what I've read from MOLG, thats what I've read from CC, thats what I've written... but some people like to create strawmen and then just take them down....

Pretty much has to be done in order to keep defending the $3.5 million sub 30 point man.

The question is how good Beaulieu's going to be. At his current form I'd make the trade, but it's reasonable to assume that he'll continue to improve and be a valuable player for years to come.

Which (presumably available) player would be worth trading Beaulieu for?

I guess the question is who is the best player that we'd let go to get a really good player? Beaulieu or someone less valuable like Eller or Emelin? Top quality NHLers rarely move without a good NHLer going the other way.

Not straight up, but If I'm moving Beaulieu its as part of a package for a true game breaker. Someone like Matt Duchene. (and yes I know we'd need to add to that package)

Not straight up, but If I'm moving Beaulieu its as part of a package for a true game breaker. Someone like Matt Duchene. (and yes I know we'd need to add to that package)

Habs finally getting depth a D and we should trade to get a game breaker.

How are those game breakers doing for the Oil, Aves............ if ya got no D , it wont matter if you have Duchene. Ask the Patrick Roy about that.

Exactly thats what I've read from you... thats what I've read from MOLG, thats what I've read from CC, thats what I've written... but some people like to create strawmen and then just take them down....

Pretty much has to be done in order to keep defending the $3.5 million sub 30 point man.

Nice clique. You girls go to high school together too. :surrender:

Nice clique. You girls go to high school together too. :surrender:

Yep! You can see us in the movie "Mean Girls".

If you compare Ellers contract to Rene Bourque's (now theres a real bum but he also had one great playoffs) its worth gold.

Reason I could see us trade Eller is that despite being a bit overpayed he should still have some value in a trade.

We are talking about trying to upgrade the offense.

Trading a forward with a 3.5M caphit in a package for a top six 50+ points winger shouldnt be concidered "dumping a bum".

• Upvote 1

I think we are sitting in the cat bird seat. Cary being out for a month should put the boys to the test. It should expose our weaknesses and our strengths. Unless something falls in his lap, i believe MB will read what befalls in the next month or so and tighten up the roster closer to deadline time. Obviously, if our goalie situation, should go into free fall; something might have to be done. Seems to me that things are going too good to rush into any roster decisions.