Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I would also add that having Price back there really jump starts the offense because of his puck handling ability. Any dump in he can get to, he is able to make a tape to tape pass to the defense at the right time to break out

well now we are reaching a little bit here in my opinion, he was handling that puck all season last year, but the offense was still lacking. His presence masks our lack of finish, it allows our defense to play less tense and more relaxed and be more effective because of it. These things combined make us a better team while he is there, but no better offensively.

there is no doubt in my mind that this team still needs an additional top 6 forward capable of contributing with 20 goal seasons regularly, whether we can acquire one for the right price and still fit it under the cap on a long term basis without crippling the ability to retain other players of importance down the road is a different question.

well now we are reaching a little bit here in my opinion, he was handling that puck all season last year, but the offense was still lacking. His presence masks our lack of finish, it allows our defense to play less tense and more relaxed and be more effective because of it. These things combined make us a better team while he is there, but no better offensively.

there is no doubt in my mind that this team still needs an additional top 6 forward capable of contributing with 20 goal seasons regularly, whether we can acquire one for the right price and still fit it under the cap on a long term basis without crippling the ability to retain other players of importance down the road is a different question.

See I agree that we need another top 6 forward.

I don't agree that Price makes the team "no better offensively" because i do think it allows the players we have to cheat a bit.

That doesn't solve all the issues, but it still helps.

That is a pretty steep price to pay for a rental. In my opinion. Usually we talk about draft picks for rentals, but I don't know if we have the cap space.

That's where the Cap Sheet (linked on the main page) comes in handy. Scroll to the bottom of the first tab and you'll know exactly what the Habs can spent both now and at the deadline.

Price isn't setting up one-time clappers top shelf by any means but I think you are underestimating how important it is for a smooth transition from defense to offence. If a goalie can't give the puck to a defenseman at the exact time he requires it, it affects the entire group of players. I consider Price to be one of the elite puck handlers and passers in the game. Yes he played last year and the offence stunk but it wasn't because he didn't make a difference. It may not lead directly to many goals scored but indirectly it helps the offense stay in sync.I've played on enough shitty teams to know how it disrupts your rhythm as a forward having to curl back because of bad passes in your own end on the breakout.

Seems Habs really do have some level of interest in adding Drouin. Yzerman says he wants at least equal value, with all the rumours and couple Habscouts again at his AHL game today.

So what might that be from the Habs, McCarron and a pick, Beaulieu & a pick, or maybe simply a Beaulieu swap?

If they would take Beaulieu for Drouin, I would break my neck to get Yzerman a pen to sign the deal...

Drouin = great vision and hockey sense

Beaulieu = neither, but yes, he can skate, but write a book about brain cramps.

Give up 2 of our young first round D picks in the same week. Yikes.

Still not losing a thing tho brother...

Gaining a young playmaking center with elite skill, I'd do it in a heartbeat, and we still got Barberio and Pateryn, as well as the top 6 complete when Gilbert returns ;)

Guest Stogey24

Drouin is a playmaker, same as Chucky. Both feed men in junior. I like the talent of the kid, but who is passing the puck to, to bury? He's not what this team needs.

Davey Desharnais put up close to the same numbers in the Q as Drouin...

The asking price is a roster D man and a grade A prospect. If somehow Beaulieu and McCarron fit that Bill, I will not be a happy camper

Drouin is a playmaker, same as Chucky. Both feed men in junior. I like the talent of the kid, but who is passing the puck to, to bury? He's not what this team needs.

Davey Desharnais put up close to the same numbers in the Q as Drouin...

The asking price is a roster D man and a grade A prospect. If somehow Beaulieu and McCarron fit that Bill, I will not be a happy camper

Yeah, that's the problem. We need finishers for sure.

I wonder if it would be at all possible to prise Matt Duchene out of Colorado? Sheer fantasy, I know.

Duchene for what from Habs? Yes he would look good in a Hab jersey, but he is leading Aves in scoring so not sure he would be dealt by Sakic-Roy, unless for a huge return.

(How bout Nugent-Hopkins instead, likely cheaper and new Oiler GM isn't scrairt to trade young players away.)

Yeah, that's the problem. We need finishers for sure.

I wonder if it would be at all possible to prise Matt Duchene out of Colorado? Sheer fantasy, I know.

Got a better shot at Stamkos. Now he would be looking good in a habs sweater.

Duchene for what from Habs? Yes he would look good in a Hab jersey, but he is leading Aves in scoring so not sure he would be dealt by Sakic-Roy, unless for a huge return.

(How bout Nugent-Hopkins instead, likely cheaper and new Oiler GM isn't scrairt to trade young players away.)

I wasn't making a serious proposal, just saying he is EXACTLY the type of guy we need.

Beaulieu will probably figure in any such deal, and while I don't like it, we're not going to add a top-6 scorer (unless it's a rental) without giving back something that hurts. If we could get RNG as part of a package involving Nate, I'd do it for sure.

I hate always tossing Beaulieu in every proposal, but he just seems the best young and somewhat expendable roster player. And was rumoured Hopkins was offered to Nashville for Seth Jones, so maybe isn't the new GMs favourite player?

No way would Avs even considering moving Duschane unless Subban was involved.

I wasn't making a serious proposal, just saying he is EXACTLY the type of guy we need.

Beaulieu will probably figure in any such deal, and while I don't like it, we're not going to add a top-6 scorer (unless it's a rental) without giving back something that hurts. If we could get RNG as part of a package involving Nate, I'd do it for sure.

I hate always tossing Beaulieu in every proposal, but he just seems the best young and somewhat expendable roster player. And was rumoured Hopkins was offered to Nashville for Seth Jones, so maybe isn't the new GMs favourite player?

That's the thing, to get these young, high-ceiling players, most teams want a roster-ready, cheap, promising young guy back. Which seems fair. We're not going to give up Galchenyuk (which would defeat the purpose of upgrading our FW unit); and Beaulieu plays D, which opens up the possibility of a 'positional' trade in the Jones-Johanson mould. He's the only logical asset for us to dangle if we want to make a move like this, and probably would be attractive to a team like EDM that needs talent on the blueline. Just HOW attractive Nate is will probably vary, depending on a team's pro scouting assessment. I think there is lots to like about Nate myself, which is why I hate to give him up.

I agree with all that you are saying CC.

Its really either give up Beaulieu or go for a rental that you think you can re-sign ala Petry.

for the rental, I'm still leaning towards a guy like Vrbata, evaluate the option of keeping him once the season is over

for the rental, I'm still leaning towards a guy like Vrbata, evaluate the option of keeping him once the season is over

Vrbata is 34

I'd be looking more at a guy who is younger

Hudler, 32

Ladd, 30

the dream Stamkos 25

Boedker, 26

Maybe not trade options but summer options

Okposo, 27

Eriksson, 30

Vrbata is 34

I'd be looking more at a guy who is younger

Hudler, 32

Ladd, 30

the dream Stamkos 25

Boedker, 26

Maybe not trade options but summer options

Okposo, 27

Eriksson, 30

I agree those players are more attractive options, but will also cost more to acquire and cost more to retain, both in salary and in years.

Vrbata is a consistent 20 goal guy wherever he goes, and if he comes here and brings a consistent scoring threat to our top 6, and we can sign him for a 2 year term at a decent salary based on his age, we still shore up an issue, and evaluate other options in the near future. I'm looking at this from the perspective of who can we acquire that makes the most difference for the littlest cost, he seems to fit that bill.

Okposo would be my number 1 target on that list, a RW with size and power? we've only needed that for a few years now, but he comes at a heavy cost, both to trade for and to retain.