Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

3 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Isles wouldn't give up Hamonic for Hall and Tavares is their Carey Price.

You're asking the Isles to accept that for Carey Price and Jeff Petry.

Tavares is not at Carey Prices level.... 

no forward or defencemen dominates as much as he does at this very moment.... maybe a future McDavid or a past Crosby

12 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Tavares is not at Carey Prices level.... 

no forward or defencemen dominates as much as he does at this very moment.... maybe a future McDavid or a past Crosby

You misunderstood.

Tavares is as important to Brooklyn as Price is to Montreal. 

If Price leaves (or is injured again) Montreal becomes a bottom feeder and would likely rebuild. Same goes if Tavares leaves. He's the most important pillar. 

20 hours ago, Neech said:

How good of a top-6 forward (ideally a C) could we get if we packaged Beaulieu, Sergachev, and our 1st (along with a salary dump, presumably Desharnais)?  Duchene or the like?

I'll defer to the experts, but my guess is that that would prove an extremely tempting offer to a team that's rebuilding or retooling, and could get us back a quality top-3 FW.

Guest Stogey24

It's too bad Kane is such a P.O.S. I still think he has potential to be a pretty good power forward in this league.

Something like a Simmonds. Obviously not quite though 

On 11/25/2016 at 10:13 PM, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I hate how this new forum auto saves stuff you were going to say but didn't

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

It's too bad Kane is such a P.O.S. I still think he has potential to be a pretty good power forward in this league.

Something like a Simmonds. Obviously not quite though 

If Kane wasn't such a P.O.S we wouldn't have a chance at landing him anyway 

On 2016-11-26 at 9:36 AM, Machine of Loving Grace said:

You misunderstood.

Tavares is as important to Brooklyn as Price is to Montreal. 

If Price leaves (or is injured again) Montreal becomes a bottom feeder and would likely rebuild. Same goes if Tavares leaves. He's the most important pillar. 

The isles are last in the conference, last in the league at the current moment and that's with Tavares. I get it, hockey is a team game....apparently unless your named Carey price

I just don't think any player not in goal has as much importance... that's all. Losing your best, starting goaltender with no real replacement is much more harder to cope with then losing a forward no matter how strong that player is. Just look at the pens and how they've lost Crosby and Letang for long stretches and still maintained competitiveness.

How was the isles record when Tavares broke his leg?

On 11/24/2016 at 7:59 AM, DON said:

Big deal of the day. Peter Holland to the habs, eafs retain 400 g in salary per year.

5th round pick to the laffs in 2018.

Looks good to me no lose  Put Peter in the ahl where he belongs.

17 hours ago, habs rule said:

Big deal of the day. Peter Holland to the habs, eafs retain 400 g in salary per year.

5th round pick to the laffs in 2018.

Looks good to me no lose  Put Peter in the ahl where he belongs.

Where do you see this?

I think the Habs still need another D, top 4 to be on point, but I would put trigger on a Duclair for Beaulieu. Anyone else feel this?

9 minutes ago, ehjay said:

I think the Habs still need another D, top 4 to be on point, but I would put trigger on a Duclair for Beaulieu. Anyone else feel this?

Arizona wouldn't go near that though.  They don't need another third pairing defender, especially one that they'd have to leave unprotected in June.

1 hour ago, ehjay said:

I would do that

Not sure why Arizona would.  They offered Duclair for Hamilton, but Beaulieu isn't near as good as Hamilton. 

Guest Stogey24

Pacioretty, Scherbak and 1st rounder for Tavares 

Does that make any sense at all?

Isles and Habs do have a bit of trade history 

47 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Isles would need more value than that to trade Tavares but it's a good start. Tavares is a highly underrated and an underpaid superstar and I actually feel bad for him while his career wastes away with the Islanders. I'd love for him to be able to play with a real hockey team, preferably wearing bleu, blanc et rouge 

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Our Left wing would be crazy weak after that though unfortunately. Does it even make sense? 

39 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Our Left wing would be crazy weak after that though unfortunately. Does it even make sense? 

If the Isles accepted that deal you take it and run and then figure out left wing later 

6 minutes ago, illWill said:

If the Isles accepted that deal you take it and run and then figure out left wing later 

Absolutely! JT is a franchise player if by some miracle that deal happened it would be great.

Word around Toronto is that the Leafs are getting ready to throw the bank at him if the Isles don't resign him. He also just bought two huge mansions just outside of Toronto in Oakville.

1 hour ago, Meller93 said:

If the Isles accept that deal, you take it, and then figure out the LW situation later.  Getting the C is far more important than the winger. 

4 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

67-Sergachev and a 1st for Tavares, I think more like it and Bergevin likely not looking to move Pacioretty. But would love to have Tavares, he is a super player ( I would toss in a hell of alot and the kitchen sink to get him from Ises).