Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

1 hour ago, EMELINATOR said:

The Nuge for Beaulieu and a prospect (Nikita Scherbek)? Might solve our 2nd line centre problem and the Oil just lost Nurse to injury.

He makes $6m/yr, so cant afford him without moving $$ to Oilers and Galchenyuk, Radulov needs new contract this year, Price next year, need a Markov replacement. So add Plekanec in deal would offset the $6m I suppose, but he isn't going anywhere (although thought same of Subban so who knows).

1 hour ago, DON said:

He makes $6m/yr, so cant afford him without moving $$ to Oilers and Galchenyuk, Radulov needs new contract this year, Price next year, need a Markov replacement. So add Plekanec in deal would offset the $6m I suppose, but he isn't going anywhere (although thought same of Subban so who knows).

Always forget about the cap lol

Ryan Spooner on the block in Boston. good hands, skating, two way player, offensive upside and youth + history with Chucky in the OHL. If the bruins didn't take on Backes MB might have been in business wheeling Plex. Either way Habs might be able to land by throwing in some assets+NB .  

56 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I'd do that for sure... I'd give up either Emelin or Beaulieu plus a prospect. 

We all know how Chiarelli likes big truculent guys, I'd offer up Mike McC if i had to. 

Chiarelli's back in Boston?  Are your referring to Spooner or RNH?

3 hours ago, l<OV4L3V said:

Ryan Spooner on the block in Boston. good hands, skating, two way player, offensive upside and youth + history with Chucky in the OHL. If the bruins didn't take on Backes MB might have been in business wheeling Plex. Either way Habs might be able to land by throwing in some assets+NB .  

Very, very little history with Chucky.  They played together for like 6 games. 

When Chucky got hurt, Sarnia traded for Spooner to replace him as the first line centre for Yakupov.  When Chuck came back he only played 8 games with Spooner, before the season ended and Spooner graduated to the AHL. 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Very, very little history with Chucky.  They played together for like 6 games. 

When Chucky got hurt, Sarnia traded for Spooner to replace him as the first line centre for Yakupov.  When Chuck came back he only played 8 games with Spooner, before the season ended and Spooner graduated to the AHL. 

Short lived chemistry or not, these two could potentially fuel something beyond potent and at a cost effective extension if the glue forms. Spooner's lateral movement and agility is next gen. Sure there's no Corsi stats to support that notion, but he's one hell of a player waiting to break out that has been underutilized in a stacked Bruins system for the entirety of his career. He could be more than an asset to the Habs than initially anticipated, a potential top 6 that allows the Habs to replace Markov either at the deadline or in the offseason with a cost reduction.   

They want a good young defenceman, we want a an offensive center. Sounds to me like deal could be there. Nate plus a 2nd for Spooner.

Whether he played with Chucky means little since they both play the same position.

Spooner has not been exactly a ball of fire in Boston but that looks to be a usage problem. Then DD becomes more expendable.

14 minutes ago, habs rule said:

They want a good young defenceman, we want a an offensive center. Sounds to me like deal could be there. Nate plus a 2nd for Spooner.

Whether he played with Chucky means little since they both play the same position.

Spooner has not been exactly a ball of fire in Boston but that looks to be a usage problem. Then DD becomes more expendable.

Worth a try for sure. But I doubt the Bruins make a trade with us.

9 hours ago, l

Short lived chemistry or not, these two could potentially fuel something beyond potent and at a cost effective extension if the glue forms. Spooner's lateral movement and agility is next gen. Sure there's no Corsi stats to support that notion, but he's one hell of a player waiting to break out that has been underutilized in a stacked Bruins system for the entirety of his career. He could be more than an asset to the Habs than initially anticipated, a potential top 6 that allows the Habs to replace Markov either at the deadline or in the offseason with a cost reduction.   

He's a good player, I wouldn't play him with chucky though.  I'd put him at centre. 

That said, I highly doubt the Bruins trade him to Montreal.  They will trade him anywhere else. 

16 minutes ago, DON said:

Just curious, when was last time Bruins did trade with Habs?

February 21st, 2001 - The Habs dealt Eric Weinrich (who I believe was a pending UFA) to the Bruins for Patrick Traverse, a blueliner I think everyone would like to forget about.

21 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

February 21st, 2001 - The Habs dealt Eric Weinrich (who I believe was a pending UFA) to the Bruins for Patrick Traverse, a blueliner I think everyone would like to forget about.

Yes that is true. But we must always be thankful that they traded some goalie named Dryden to us.

To all those including Beaulieu in trade proposals, I still believe that he could be an internal answer to the top 4 as soon as this year. 

Pretty much any combination including Weber, Markov, Petry & Beaulieu gives us a solid top 4 this year, as long as Beaulieu steps up.

Once we trade him, we need to fill another hole on D by trading away another roster player. Then again, maybe I'm wrong, but I'll be happy to be right when Beaulieu steps his game up on a relatively consistent basis sometime between January & March.

I have thought Beaulieu had potential for a long time. 

the scary thing though is that the Barberio- Pateryn pairing has been far better than Beaulieu - Pateryn was. 

he's not outperforming bottom pair guys right now. 

Pacioretty and pieces to Islanders for John Tavares.

Pacioretty a 30 goal scorer with team friendly contract $4.5 Million that runs through 2018/19 season

John Tavares  Franchise Centre on Team friendly $5.5 million contract. Has partial NTC.  UFA after 2017/18 season

What does Montreal have to throw in to get the deal done? Assuming Islanders and Tavares would consider it.

A lot.  It would have to be a huge overpayment to land him.  Add Sergachev plus some 1st rounders (notice 1st rounders is plural) and possibly more assets.  That would be my guess.

Last I heard the Islanders are looking for a winger to play with Tavares, so I doubt they're looking to trade him.  Most of the "rumors" surrounding Tavares sounds more like media speculation IMO.  If Snow trades Tavares it will signify yet another rebuild for the Islanders.  I doesn't sound like that's what the Isles want to do.  Sounds more like they want to compete (which is why they want a winger that can play with Tavares).

14 minutes ago, kaos said:

Pacioretty a 30 goal scorer with team friendly contract $4.5 Million that runs through 2018/19 season

John Tavares  Franchise Centre on Team friendly $5.5 million contract. Has partial NTC.  UFA after 2017/18 season

What does Montreal have to throw in to get the deal done? Assuming Islanders and Tavares would consider it.

Pacioretty
Beaulieu
Juulsen

1st pick  (very likely between 26th and 30th oa)

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, kaos said:

Scroll up

If we are serious about  winning the Cup we should not be trading patches for anyone but instead adding to him...

MON: 

John Tavares

NYI:

2017 1st

2017 2nd

2018 1st

2018 2nd

Arturi Lehtkonan

Nikita Sherbak

Noah Juulson

(That is a kings ransom for a guy who is a UFA in 2 seasons)

**add more picks more 2nd tier prospects to get it done

if we are going all in then we need to not send key roster  players back the other way

Byron  Galchenyuk Radulov

Pacioretty Tavares** Gallagher

Hudon (Plex)**** Shaw

Danault Mitchell Flynn

DD*

(McCarron)****

Emelin*** Weber

Markov Petry

Beaulieau  pateryn

Barberio

Price

Montoya

* needs to stick with team so we can leave him un protected in the expansion draft

** the perfect combo with galchenyuk at 3C

*** is really exceeding expectations thus far this season and continues to improve from the catastrophic Knee injury of seasons past

****the future

5 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

If we are serious about  winning the Cup we should not be trading patches for anyone but instead adding to him...

MON: 

John Tavares

NYI:

2017 1st

2017 2nd

2018 1st

2018 2nd

Arturi Lehtkonan

Nikita Sherbak

Noah Juulson

(That is a kings ransom for a guy who is a UFA in 2 seasons)

**add more picks more 2nd tier prospects to get it done

if we are going all in then we need to not send key roster  players back the other way

Byron  Galchenyuk Radulov

Pacioretty Tavares** Gallagher

Hudon (Plex)**** Shaw

Danault Mitchell Flynn

DD*

(McCarron)****

Emelin*** Weber

Markov Petry

Beaulieau  pateryn

Barberio

Price

Montoya

* needs to stick with team so we can leave him un protected in the expansion draft

** the perfect combo with galchenyuk at 3C

*** is really exceeding expectations thus far this season and continues to improve from the catastrophic Knee injury of seasons past

****the future

Holy crap Bat man the cupboards are bare. But I do see your point.