Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

7 hours ago, Trizzak said:

The correct answer is, of course, "the Sedins"

but a man can dream. 

You might think another chance at a cup would be enticing though, especially given state of Canucks, how close they came to one and their age. 

11 minutes ago, JMMR said:

Are the Sedin`s that valuable any longer?

I think they have slowed down a bit and are really only 60 point guys at this point but is that because the Canucks suck and lack depth? 

good questions, but highly doubt will need to worry about it.

11 hours ago, Trizzak said:

In a recent article Down Goes Brown wrote about Trevor Linden's quote about not knowing how to go to the Sedin's and saying "we're stripping it down" and it's time for a rebuild. He also wrote about how few teams could actually take on both of them at once. But in the comments section he then said:

"Plekanec, Sergachev and a 1st for the Sedins, 50% salary retained on both. Who says no?"

Consider (when healthy):

Sedin - Sedin - Gallagher

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov

and who gives a shit about the other lines because holy shit look at that top 6?!?!?

NO!!! HELL NO!!! A thousand times NO!  NOOOOOOOO! The defensive center we need. Our top prospect???!! And a first ??!!!! For  a massive gamble on TWO declining assets?  Good thing that Bergevin is in charge and not Reggie Houle. The only good part of this deal is the retained salary which even the Canuckleheads would not agree on.

The idea is to add important pieces at the trade deadline without weakening the current line-up or completely mortgaging the future. This deal fails on both counts

34 minutes ago, PMAC said:

The idea is to add important pièces at the trade deadline without weakening the current line-up or completely mortgaging the future. This deal fails on both counts

breaking news.jpg

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

You dream about trading our hulking, potential number 1 d-man, for two 36 year old players? 

I dream of Stanley Cups, of which we would have 2 years of solid chances at with this acquisition. 

But I suppose I could go back to trying to figure out which superstar player the Habs can get for Emelin, Andrighetto, and a 2nd...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JMMR said:

Are the Sedin`s that valuable any longer?

I think they have slowed down a bit and are really only 60 point guys at this point but is that because the Canucks suck and lack depth? 

While the Sedins remain good players, there's no question that they are in their decline, and probably best used as second liners at this point. Stay away.

16 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

While the Sedins remain good players, there's no question that they are in their decline, and probably best used as second liners at this point. Stay away.

I would not say "stay away", obvisouly the Habs would look great by adding the Sedin twins to play on the second line with a Top 9 that could look like this : 

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Radulov 
Sedin-Sedin-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Danault-Shaw

However of course how can we bring in 14M in cap space without giving up much in return (they are aging veterans that would leave in a year and a half so I would not sacrifice much for them besides suspects like Hudon, maybe Beaulieu and some draft picks), that is another story! Who knows maybe Bergevin could pull something, we have seen trade around the NHL we would have never believed possible, like Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson) ...

2 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

breaking news.jpg

No, it hasn't been; it isn't and it won't be. It is the essential skill of winning GM's whose teams    win and remain threats to win. See Pittsburg Penguins and Chicago Blackhawks for example.

Even if you were right the Sedins are manifestly not the answer for les Canadiens 

Guest Stogey24
4 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I dream of Stanley Cups, of which we would have 2 years of solid chances at with this acquisition. 

But I suppose I could go back to trying to figure out which superstar player the Habs can get for Emelin, Andrighetto, and a 2nd...

The sedins are super star players?

6 hours ago, Commandant said:

The sedins might be the answer, but not at the price that was suggested. 

That's actually what I meant and should have said. 

40 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Pretty cool to see that. 

It's too bad Cole went bonkers. I loved that dude. 

Yeah, Cole was a brilliant signing for that one year.

I wonder what Travis Moen is up to nowadays?

I don't see what's in it for Calgary.  They're giving up a legitimate top 2/3 d-man for basically a collection of depth assets (unless you think they see Emelin as a 3/4 guy).  Lindgren's a good prospect but they already have two decent young goalie prospects in Mason McDonald and Jon Gillies so I'm not sure Lindgren would carry much value for them.

I like the idea to target Brodie as I think he'd be a great complement to Weber.  Given how much they have tied into their back end though, I think they'd prefer someone like Beaulieu over Emelin.  Then, given the contract Brodie has (below average for a 2/3 d-man), a top prospect or first round pick would need to be in there as well.

Also with Versteeg, he does have a partial no-trade clause and if you believe the reports from last season, he apparently vetoed a deal to Montreal right before the 2015 draft so I'm not sure he'd be the right forward to toss into a deal like this.

Emelin looks absolutely great at the moment! i think finally over the confidence issues that have plagued his game since returning from surgery. hes really made it back to his level before going down against lucic and the bruins... (prior to that he was on a tear)

he had a strong world cup playing his off side on the back end to buut.

personally emelin looks far superior to brodie at the moment (however i havent paid enough attention to Brodie)