Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Duchene was a 70 point player at 22.  Chucky still has room to improve, but it could be he is what he is at this point.  Mackinnon's point totals have been more troubling than Duchene's if we're looking at them.  No reason to think he's any more 'elite'.

A player like Duchene who has been a lock on Team Canada's in the past could play a key role on any Cup contender.  We have at most three of them at the forward position at this point, and when you look at the other contenders they're just more loaded up front.  Then we're stuck relying on our spotty defense and the heroics of Carey.  

If Sergachev is indeed ready to contribute soon, it may turn out that help on D is just as big of a priority.  It just seems unlikely to me that his timeline will sync up with the core that's assembled here.  I'd rather bottom out in 5-10 years after going all in than slowly sink back to no-man's land after all the young talent in the league overtakes us. 

Yeah, Duchene was a 70 point player at 22. 

He's now a 60 point player and has been for 3 seasons. 

Is it possible he gets back to that level, sure... but the chances of him getting to that level again are less than seeing 22 and 21 year olds improve. 

The ceilings of Galchenyuk and MacKinnon are higher than Duchene at this point.   That's just a realistic look at them based on the fact that the younger you are, the more you have room to improve, and at 26 most players have hit their ceiling and we have a good idea of what they are, and what they will be for the next several years. 

To me 60 points is good, and sure, I'd like to have him... but I'm not including a recently draft, top 10 pick, that looks like a stud dman to do it. 

1 hour ago, Neech said:

Duchene was a 70 point player at 22.  Chucky still has room to improve, but it could be he is what he is at this point.  Mackinnon's point totals have been more troubling than Duchene's if we're looking at them.  No reason to think he's any more 'elite'.

A player like Duchene who has been a lock on Team Canada's in the past could play a key role on any Cup contender.  We have at most three of them at the forward position at this point, and when you look at the other contenders they're just more loaded up front.  Then we're stuck relying on our spotty defense and the heroics of Carey.  

If Sergachev is indeed ready to contribute soon, it may turn out that help on D is just as big of a priority.  It just seems unlikely to me that his timeline will sync up with the core that's assembled here.  I'd rather bottom out in 5-10 years after going all in than slowly sink back to no-man's land after all the young talent in the league overtakes us. 

Good, honest post. I'm not so keen to "bottom out" in 3-4 years when Weber starts to droop, but I can see the argument.

Ek's latest rumour has MTL sniffing around on Alex Burrows.  He has 7 goals and 9 assists this year.  He could be a decent rental heading into the playoffs... but his $4.5M cap hit is hefty.  I wonder if Desharnais and a pick going to VAN gets the deal done?  Thoughts?

3 hours ago, JGC21 said:

Ek's latest rumour has MTL sniffing around on Alex Burrows.  He has 7 goals and 9 assists this year.  He could be a decent rental heading into the playoffs... but his $4.5M cap hit is hefty.  I wonder if Desharnais and a pick going to VAN gets the deal done?  Thoughts?

I don't think Burrows is an upgrade. 

I don't know if Burrows would be an upgrade over DD, but he sure would be an upgrade over Farnham or Terry... he does have super aggravating powers, but a fourth line guy for that much money is crazy...don't see him as an upgrade over any of the borderline 3rd line guys we have either, maybe Carr, but not even Ghetto, who hasn't been bad the last few.

For me Burrows = No

Eklund is basically #fakenews he just keeps throwing out Habs rumors hoping one will eventually stick.  Yesterday he mentioned habs doing something big but just left it vague.  It's hard to see Montreal doing anything big(he mentions subban news big) with the cap situation.  Today he's back to the Doan rumor he's been mentioning for about 3-4 years now.

I can't see Bergevin wasting prospect and cap space on someone like Burrows and to pull off something big it's going to require moving either or both of Plekanec/Desharnais.  I could see him trying to make a big move but end up coming around to cost efficient rentals.  *just for the record I consider a big move something along the lines of Duchene not Doan, Hanzel, Iginla, Vrbata, etc.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nihilz said:

MacKinnon

Plekanec Hudon Scherbak Juulsen Lindgren 1st 2017 & 2018

muhahaa

where does MB sign?!? :D

• 3 weeks later...

Three trades to shakeup the team..

Pacs, Beaulieu, Prospect? to Philly for Simmonds and Ghost

Pleks, Gallagher, Juulsen, DD (for Salary), pick to Colorado for Duchene and Landeskog

Mccaron, Scherbak, Emelin, Prospect/Pick to San Jose for Vlasic

Landeskog - Duchene - Simmonds

Lehk - Gally - Radulov

Shaw - Danault - Byron

Flynn - Mitchell - Carr/Ghetto/Rosey

Vlasic - Weber

Ghost - Petry

Markov - Nesterov/Pateryn/Trade??

No basis whatsoever to these trades, just NHL17 fun

8 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Three trades to shakeup the team..

Pacs, Beaulieu, Prospect? to Philly for Simmonds and Ghost

Pleks, Gallagher, Juulsen, DD (for Salary), pick to Colorado for Duchene and Landeskog

Mccaron, Scherbak, Emelin, Prospect/Pick to San Jose for Vlasic

Landeskog - Duchene - Simmonds

Lehk - Gally - Radulov

Shaw - Danault - Byron

Flynn - Mitchell - Carr/Ghetto/Rosey

Vlasic - Weber

Ghost - Petry

Markov - Nesterov/Pateryn/Trade??

No basis whatsoever to these trades, just NHL17 fun

How about, Chucky, Segachev, Emelin, and 1st round pick this year, for Duschene or Landeskog and MacKinnon.

Go ahead, tear me to shreds, Commandant, you're up!

21 minutes ago, KoRP said:

How about, Chucky, Segachev, Emelin, and 1st round pick this year, for Duschene or Landeskog and MacKinnon.

Go ahead, tear me to shreds, Commandant, you're up!

MacKinnon is one of two that Sakic says he wont part with. So would be Duchene & Landeskog, but don't see why trade Galchenyuk for Duchene? Kinda defeats purpose of adding Duchene.

Just now, DON said:

MacKinnon is one of two that Sakic says he wont part with. So would be Duchene & Landeskog, but don't see why trade Galchenyuk for Duchene? Kinda defeats purpose of adding Duchene.

I wouldn't do the deal without MacKinnon... no chance.  Its an overpay if he isn't in there.

20 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I wouldn't do the deal without MacKinnon... no chance.  Its an overpay if he isn't in there.

I just see as a non-starter and aint happening, but ...KoRPs was a good proposal.

You need to clear out way more salary to make that work.  The Habs can add about $4 million in a full-season cap hit (it's currently less but sending someone like Carr down would lift that back up towards 4) while those deals bring in over $11 million and ship out less than $2 million.  And I'm not sure Streit's a good fit either, he's a third pairing player at this stage which isn't really what they need.

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, illWill said:

Beaulieu, McCarron and a 1st for Duchene

And then a 2nd for Mark Streit

This d-core is slow as shit as it is now. Adding Streit and subtracting Beaulieu only furthers that issue. 

17 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I wasn't trying to sound like a dick there, I was just sayin'. 

Didn't think you were at all, I didn't put any thought into the proposal at all. Didn't consider cap hits or defensive structure. I do however think it would be cool to bring Streit back for a run at the cup. He's been a Captain and is still a puck moving dman that can play the powerplay