Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

15 hours ago, DON said:

Why would you swap Duchene & Galchenyuk...would be like Subban & Weber deal.:popcorn:

They can do without/replace any other centre aside from Galchenyuk.

I meant we package GALLAGHER ('Gally') and Sergachev for Duchene and a Beaulieu-like prospect. I agree that the trade you describe would be as pointless as the Weber trade.

22 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I meant we package GALLAGHER ('Gally') and Sergachev for Duchene and a Beaulieu-like prospect. I agree that the trade you describe would be as pointless as the Weber trade.

Didn't mean pointless, just a d-man traded for same.

Zadorov is a Russian d-man, maybe he can be added.

I wonder if a first, Noah Juleson [sp?] and Gallagher would get it done for Duschene? Maybe add Beaulieu if we got a decent defenceman back??  

10 hours ago, REV-G said:

I wonder if a first, Noah Juleson [sp?] and Gallagher would get it done for Duschene? Maybe add Beaulieu if we got a decent defenceman back??  

Overpayment in my opinion.

I really think a 1st, Juulsen, Scherbak/McCaron would get it done. Add DD for cap reasons and maybe get a 4th or 5th with Duchense.

10 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Overpayment in my opinion.

I really think a 1st, Juulsen, Scherbak/McCaron would get it done. Add DD for cap reasons and maybe get a 4th or 5th with Duchense.

Well, you would be really wrong thinking that.

But, typical of a habfan to think can load up pile of mediocre stuff in a trade for an established quality top six centre.

This organization better not ing trade Sergachev under any circumstances. If they do so Bergevin and Therrien can save their jobs, I'll give up on this organization. It'll be the 3rd strike...Roy/Leclair/Sergachev.

I consider the Subban/Weber a foul tip

• Upvote 1

MacKinnon Zadorov

VS

Plekanec Beaulieu Scherbak Sergachev 1st 2017 & 2018

Fowler 6th 2017

VS

Emelin Juulsen

Burrows 7th 2017

VS

Desharnais 6th 2017

Pacioretty       MacKinnon       Gallagher

Byron          Galchenyuk       Radulov

Lehkonen        Danault            Shaw

Burrows          Mitchell             Flynn

Carr            McCarron       Andrighetto

Fowler         Weber

Markov         Petry

Zadorov       Pateryn

Nesterov      Redmond

How about Jacob de la Rose and a later draft pick for Patrick Sharp? UFA at seasons end and isn't have a great year due to injuries. May come cheap enough. He's still a top six left winger at this point. 

I see that as the type of move Bergevin would make since it wont mortgage the future and he has familiarity with Sharp. Now does it truly address our needs? Not really but don't know if there truly is a way to do so unless you overpay.

I could see Sharp being someone they'd look at although I suspect it will cost more than that.  I think it'd be more like de la Rose plus a second rounder for Sharp with a small percentage retained (they can't really absorb his full cap hit).

22 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I take it you're a really big fan of Reinhart?  (I'm not so I find that to be a serious overpay personally.)  Kulikov's a pending UFA and shouldn't cost even one of those parts from Montreal though.

But to pry a 2014 #2 pick...who I think is one smart player (and yes think he would look super in front of or behind Galchenyuk) and also isn't a top centre named Duchene and they do have OReilly and Eichel up the middle so could part with him.

Kulikov basically to fill in for Beaulieu this year...next year have a different Russian to replace him. 

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

I think you are way overpaying, and underestimating the value of gallagher to this team.

Are you familiar with Reinhart? Love Gallagher's 'gumption', but to get a young RH top six centre.

Galchenyuk 1st two years 42pts/82game pace

Reinhart after similar amount of games 44pts/82games

We all know HabFans love making proposals that are painless and favour Habs, but most are unrealistic. 4 pieces may be overpayment but I don't see it that way. Habs seem to have a ton of young smallish wingers to replace Gallagher, the other three pieces likely easily forgotten.  

46 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Drop Gally, add a 2nd and I would call it a deal.

So, turn it into a joke proposal. Sabres GM would have a good chuckle I suppose.:bonk:

If Sergachev was a 5 year project I would also understand the will to trade him now for a cuprun but from what I read about him it sounds like he is ready to be a major contributor to our team as soon as maybe next season. And we need a Markov replacment in the top4 asap. Unless its a super return we should never trade him.

3 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

If Sergachev was a 5 year project I would also understand the will to trade him now for a cuprun but from what I read about him it sounds like he is ready to be a major contributor to our team as soon as maybe next season. And we need a Markov replacment in the top4 asap. Unless its a super return we should never trade him.

Wise words. But don't underestimate what GMs in WIN NOW mode can talk themselves into doing.

If Beaulieu, a 1st and McCarron is not enough, what about adding Juulsen to get Duschene?

You're getting maybe a 2nd or 3d pairing young defenceman, a top defensive prospect, a big solid potential 3d liner and a 1st round pick. I'd even add a 2nd round pick this year and one next year if that's what was needed to get it done.

So you offer Beaulieu, a 1st, McCarron, Juulsen and a 2nd next year. 

I think at this point I would do want I had to do to get Duschene because of what he would add to our team.

In terms of rebuilding isn't that a pretty good return for a 60 point player.  And we keep Sergachev. 

8 minutes ago, REV-G said:

If Beaulieu, a 1st and McCarron is not enough, what about adding Juulsen to get Duschene?

You're getting maybe a 2nd or 3d pairing young defenceman, a top defensive prospect, a big solid potential 3d liner and a 1st round pick. I'd even add a 2nd round pick this year and one next year if that's what was needed to get it done.

So you offer Beaulieu, a 1st, McCarron, Juulsen and a 2nd next year. 

I think at this point I would do want I had to do to get Duschene because of what he would add to our team.

In terms of rebuilding isn't that a pretty good return for a 60 point player.  And we keep Sergachev. 

Ryan O'Reilly cost the Sabres one of their best defensive prospects and one of their best forward prospects. It depends on if Colorado really wants Juulsen.

5 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Ryan O'Reilly cost the Sabres one of their best defensive prospects and one of their best forward prospects. It depends on if Colorado really wants Juulsen.

Or if Sakic is rethinking his past deals and has smartened up yet? Maybe owner plans on jettisoning Sakic and cleaning house at end of season also? I mean 16 wins in 56games is not really so good.