Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

36 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Chucky, Serg and a first for JT.

I know this probably couldn't happen because of cap issues but maybe if we could dump either DD or something.

Love Tavares...but Sergachev & Galchenyuk...not with a ten foot pole!

I guess some people have pretty short memories, but I do not; I remember very clearly what Galchenyuk's game was like before he got hurt.  It's unfortunate that it has taken him longer than expected to get back to peak 'game shape' and into the flow...but on a team that needs to ADD top 6 talent that can score goals you don't trade #27. 

Gallagher, on the other hand...dropping a low-scoring smurf makes a great deal of sense.

35 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

What's going on with this forum lately 

19 minutes ago, Commandant said:

One losing streak and we've all lost our minds. 

Losing streaks tend to be the best thing for this forum. Hardly any posts during winning streaks

1 hour ago, illWill said:

Losing streaks tend to be the best thing for this forum. Hardly any posts during winning streaks

1. people like to bitch more than cheer

2. nobody wants to jinx a win streak, so they sit quietly eating popcorn:popcorn:

5 hours ago, CWO4LIFE said:

I would trade Alex Galchenyuk for Jonathan Drouin straight up  Any thoughts 

My thought is that this is a trade proposal and thus, should be in the trade proposal thread.  Personally, I wouldn't do the deal and I don't think many others would.

6 hours ago, CWO4LIFE said:

I would trade Alex Galchenyuk for Jonathan Drouin straight up  Any thoughts 

I would! I think Drouin is going to be a superstar.

Love Chucky, just my two cents though.

You can stop your Shattenkirk proposals if they consider him long term. 

Tampa and St. Louis worked out a sign and trade that would have paid him $6M per season for seven years. Shattenkirk turned it down. He also did this with Edmonton when they tried to move Taylor Hall for him.

Talk is that he has his eyes on going to the Rangers. Anyone who gets him it'll be like the Tomas Vanek situation Montreal had. He's a pure rental.

I really wish we woukd stop talking about trading Galchenyuk. Such a trade is 99% likely to be stupid by definition. No offence to anyone. But trading our only offensively talented C makes absolutely ZERO sense.

• Upvote 1

I hear that Van is listening to offers for LD Ben Hutton. He's having a tough sophomore season and certainly could not partnet with Weber, but he might be a useful buy-low puck-moving option for the blueline. Just a thought.

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I hear that Van is listening to offers for LD Ben Hutton. He's having a tough sophomore season and certainly could not partnet with Weber, but he might be a useful buy-low puck-moving option for the blueline. Just a thought.

I wouldn't go for Hutton or anyone that may be at Beaulieu's level. I would trade Beaulieu + Desharnais + 2017 first round draft and a conditional 2018 2nd for a first pair LD that would push Markov and Emelin down. I think that would get us over the hump

9 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

So a bottom pair d-man, a guy who can't cracks Habs roster, and a late first for a top pair D-man. 

I know, it is a poor offer from the Habs. What I was thinking and didn't write that if Beaulieu will never be the top-pair partner for Weber then we shoudl get rid of him in a trade and package other stuff (cap space/contract in DD, and draft choices) to get us the LD we need for a run at the cup.

Not doing so, to me, is a total failure of what the CH set out to do when we traded for Weber to compete Now.

Guest Stogey24

Your absolutely right.

Many of us said it when the trade happened. Beulieu would need to take some big steps, or Weber would start getting out of his comfort zone and trying to move the puck more than he should have to. Guess what...

18 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Your absolutely right.

Many of us said it when the trade happened. Beulieu would need to take some big steps, or Weber would start getting out of his comfort zone and trying to move the puck more than he should have to. Guess what...

Beaulieu's and Tinordi's failures in addition to McDonagh really hurt now

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Beaulieu's and Tinordi's failures in addition to McDonagh really hurt now

Don't remind me that this team could have had McDonagh and Subban on the aame blueline. Gainey threw away a Cup-worthy defence corps. Arrrrrrrrggggghghhhh

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Don't remind me that this team could have had McDonagh and Subban on the aame blueline. Gainey threw away a Cup-worthy defence corps. Arrrrrrrrggggghghhhh

Let's hope MB doesn't make a desperation trade to save his job and send Sergachev to Arizona