Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

59 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Yakupov is more than available. I know many don't like the player, but he could be a had an all time low price. (Maybe Vegas takes him, but St Louis has some other juicy treat, I'm sure they'd rather).

The kid has skill, and Montreal is starving for a player who can/has been able to put a puck in the net.

Say what you will, the kid is still very young and the one thing that isn't teachable, is talent and the guy has lots of it. A flyer on him isn't the worst possible idea. 

Wait for him to go unqualified (his QO comes in at $2.5 million which no one in their right mind should give him) and then see how cheap of a deal he wants to take.  There's no need to trade for his rights at this point.

Guest Stogey24
3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Wait for him to go unqualified (his QO comes in at $2.5 million which no one in their right mind should give him) and then see how cheap of a deal he wants to take.  There's no need to trade for his rights at this point.

Ya, even better. 

16 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Ya, even better. 

You do realize Dwight King has more goals in last 100 games than Yakupov has, so not sure what skills he has that even intrigue you? At least Semin had a track record of putting pucks in net. At RW I am much more hoping Radulov can be re-signed, then would push Yakupov to bottom six and he isn't a good defender is he?

Although the rumour that Gallagher's hand is now permanently injured is a bit disconcerting.

Guest Stogey24
5 hours ago, DON said:

You do realize Dwight King has more goals in last 100 games than Yakupov has, so not sure what skills he has that even intrigue you? At least Semin had a track record of putting pucks in net. At RW I am much more hoping Radulov can be re-signed, then would push Yakupov to bottom six and he isn't a good defender is he?

Although the rumour that Gallagher's hand is now permanently injured is a bit disconcerting.

I really have no argument. Yakupov has been bad the last couple seasons. What do we have to lose though? Third rounder? 

Trade Pacs and Beaulieu for Drouin and a pick. 

Trade Galchenyuk + for Landeskog (additional fodder that doesnt affect the lineup)

Offer sheet Draisaitl and resign Raddy

Acquire Eberle from Edmonton at a low cost ? Maybe Pleks?  (preferably before the offer sheet to Leon)

Trade Gallagher to Anaheim for Fowler

Move Emelin for cap space

Resign Markov on the cheap or let him walk..

Landeskog - Draisaitl - Radulov

Drouin - Danault - Eberle

Lehkonen - Shaw - Byron

Martinsen - Ott - MCcaron

Fowler - Weber

Sergachev - Benn

Markov - Petry

7 Steps to a Contender

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

I really have no argument. Yakupov has been bad the last couple seasons. What do we have to loose though? Third rounder? 

A third rounder?  Yakupov isn't worth a seventh rounder right now.  Why would you give up a reasonable pick for a player who isn't going to get a qualifying offer? 

Guest Stogey24
48 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

A third rounder?  Yakupov isn't worth a seventh rounder right now.  Why would you give up a reasonable pick for a player who isn't going to get a qualifying offer? 

Well it just keeps getting better. 

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Trade Pacs and Beaulieu for Drouin and a pick. 

Trade Galchenyuk + for Landeskog (additional fodder that doesnt affect the lineup)

Offer sheet Draisaitl and resign Raddy

Acquire Eberle from Edmonton at a low cost ? Maybe Pleks?  (preferably before the offer sheet to Leon)

Trade Gallagher to Anaheim for Fowler

Move Emelin for cap space

Resign Markov on the cheap or let him walk..

Landeskog - Draisaitl - Radulov

Drouin - Danault - Eberle

Lehkonen - Shaw - Byron

Martinsen - Ott - MCcaron

Fowler - Weber

Sergachev - Benn

Markov - Petry

7 Steps to a Contender

I'm shaking my phone, but your not waking up

Martin Lemay of RDS wrote a very interesting piece. He spent some time doing a little research and his conclusion was, you cannot build a Stanley Cup winning team without a good first line center. 

He made the comment that Washington has built their team around a winger, Ovechkin, and they can't seem to win. He pointed out that they have very good 2nd and 3d line centres but not a first. I couldn't help but wonder what would happen to the Capitols if they traded Ovechkin to the Islanders for John Taveres? 

He lists the teams that have won the cup and shows their centres and while there may be an occasional exception [I didn't check into the teams that won] he makes a very strong point that if we don't get a first line centre we have little hope of winning.

He went back and showed that Serge Savard often or maybe even usually, traded wingers for centers. He always had an abundance of centers and we won in 93 and had good teams year after year.

So his final conclusion was that Marc Bergeron has to get centre come September, no matter what the cost. 

What do you think? Agree or disagree? 

2 hours ago, REV-G said:

Martin Lemay of RDS wrote a very interesting piece. He spent some time doing a little research and his conclusion was, you cannot build a Stanley Cup winning team without a good first line center. 

He made the comment that Washington has built their team around a winger, Ovechkin, and they can't seem to win. He pointed out that they have very good 2nd and 3d line centres but not a first. I couldn't help but wonder what would happen to the Capitols if they traded Ovechkin to the Islanders for John Taveres? 

He lists the teams that have won the cup and shows their centres and while there may be an occasional exception [I didn't check into the teams that won] he makes a very strong point that if we don't get a first line centre we have little hope of winning.

He went back and showed that Serge Savard often or maybe even usually, traded wingers for centers. He always had an abundance of centers and we won in 93 and had good teams year after year.

So his final conclusion was that Marc Bergeron has to get centre come September, no matter what the cost. 

I think its a very funny piece to write about a team that has two legit #1 centres in Nick Backstrom and Evgeny Kuznetsov. 

Grasping at straws here to prove the narrative that Bergevin needs a centre. 

Yes, we need a ####ing centre.  We all know this.  We all agree on it.  

Using Washington to prove that thesis is just asinine though.  They don't have that problem, they have a different problem. Washington needed Holtby to play better, and they needed Shattenkirk to play like a legit #1 dman.  Neither happened and now they are out.  Had nothing to do with a weakness at centre. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

I think its a very funny piece to write about a team that has two legit #1 centres in Nick Backstrom and Evgeny Kuznetsov. 

Grasping at straws here to prove the narrative that Bergevin needs a centre. 

Yes, we need a ####ing centre.  We all know this.  We all agree on it.  

Using Washington to prove that thesis is just asinine though.  They don't have that problem, they have a different problem. Washington needed Holtby to play better, and they needed Shattenkirk to play like a legit #1 dman.  Neither happened and now they are out.  Had nothing to do with a weakness at centre. 

On another note, do you ever get the impression that goaltending in the playoffs is something of a crapshoot? Holtby and Lundqvist would be close to the top of anyone's list, yet they crapped out in the second round. Price is the greatest goalie of his era and has gotten as far as the semi finals once. Meanwhile, POS Fleury is riding high, John Gibson has medicored-d his way to the semi-finals, and we've seen guys like Tim Thomas, Halak, and Chris Osgoode either catch lighning in a bottle (Thomas, Halak) or be carried by their team. I dunno, it just feels a bit like spinning a roulette wheel.

The Art Ross trophy winner is often not on the best team in the league (you know since Gretzky left the Oilers). No different for goalies. You just don't think of it that way since there's more scorers than goalies.

It's not so much that goaltending is a crapshoot but you can't ever really rely on one player to get it done for you in the playoffs. That works in the regular season. In the playoffs it only works if a goalie has a hotstreak, and even then you can be beat (Hasek once lost a series with a .950 save percentage)

12 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

On another note, do you ever get the impression that goaltending in the playoffs is something of a crapshoot? Holtby and Lundqvist would be close to the top of anyone's list, yet they crapped out in the second round. Price is the greatest goalie of his era and has gotten as far as the semi finals once. Meanwhile, POS Fleury is riding high, John Gibson has medicored-d his way to the semi-finals, and we've seen guys like Tim Thomas, Halak, and Chris Osgoode either catch lighning in a bottle (Thomas, Halak) or be carried by their team. I dunno, it just feels a bit like spinning a roulette wheel.

I'm not saying he's bad but it's the same reason I wasn't convinced about Matt Murray after last year. 

It seems like a really complex issue because you're right, although I think Thomas had some good regular season stats as well, but there are exceptions. I think Quick is a very good goalie and he was a big part of the Kings' mini dynasty. 

On on the other hand you have goalies like Corey Crawford and Marc Andre Fleury becoming Hall of Famers in front of our eyes.

7 hours ago, REV-G said:

I just came across the article now and I think some of his comments are getting lost in translation. He wasn't saying that Backstrom and Kuznetsov aren't current or future number one line centers, he was saying that you can't build a team around a winger.

I'm not sure that I agree with that either but I think the article is more a slight at Ovechkin rather than Backstrom or Kuznetsov. He agrees that they are respectable players. 

He was also saying that the Habs should

go after Tavares, not Washington. Of course, Washington would be better with him as well.

• Upvote 1

Pacioretty (Tavares) radulov

Lehkonan Thorntondadonov*

Byron Danault Gallagher 

Hudon Bonino* Shaw

Mitchell

Flynn

Markov Weber

Emelin Petry

Jerabek Benn

Davidson

Price

montoya

trade

tavares

4th Rd 2017

5th Rd 2018

to MTL

for

galchenyuk

Beaulieau

McCarron

Victor Mete 

1st Rd 2017

2nd 2018

UFA

Thornton 2 yrs

bonino 4yrs

Dadonov 2 yrs

plex clAimed by expansion vegas

..... it's how I'd arm chair GM 

total C revamped 

and id draft only centres and Dmen in 2017

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yes, i think goalies can get hot in the playoffs, if they have a good team in front of them. You need that goalie to get hot though, you can't do it without it.  I'm still betting on Price being good over a guy getting hot, but thats me.

As for your list, I agree with most, but as much as I made fun of him, and as much as he's a douchebag human, and as funny as his style was, it wasn't one playoff.  Tim Thomas was an Elite NHL goalie for a five year stretch, including his cup win. 

On 2017-05-09 at 2:33 PM, hab29RETIRED said:

I'd go up to $9mx7 for draisaitl.  I just think that less than $8m, oilers will match 

I don't remember the compensation costs but isn't a 9 plus million offer sheet going to cost us 4 first round picks? I'm all for an offer sheet but I would prefer the lower level. I think that is 2 firsts and 2 seconds? (Say 8.5 million for 7 years)

4 first round picks would be tough to swallow and I don't know if I'd do it.

13 hours ago, Commandant said:

Yes, i think goalies can get hot in the playoffs, if they have a good team in front of them. You need that goalie to get hot though, you can't do it without it.  I'm still betting on Price being good over a guy getting hot, but thats me.

As for your list, I agree with most, but as much as I made fun of him, and as much as he's a douchebag human, and as funny as his style was, it wasn't one playoff.  Tim Thomas was an Elite NHL goalie for a five year stretch, including his cup win. 

Yeah I have to agree on Thomas he was outstanding for 5 solid seasons. I also wonder about guys like Fleury where some playoffs everything is going his way like this year and other playoffs he is a complete dumpster fire. I really don't get it. How can he be so good like he is playing now and so bad at other times. There isn't even any middle ground with him. Amazing or horrible - It's strange

Guest Stogey24
16 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I don't remember the compensation costs but isn't a 9 plus million offer sheet going to cost us 4 first round picks? I'm all for an offer sheet but I would prefer the lower level. I think that is 2 firsts and 2 seconds? (Say 8.5 million for 7 years)

It will probably be Duchene that Beregvin tries to get. 

For a guy that seems to base everything he does around Character; I find it highly unlikely that Beregvin would send an offer sheet to anyone. Especially to a team like Edmonton, in which he has a pretty significant trade history with. 

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

A little known fact about offer sheets is that the denominator in offer sheets is only a max of five years even if the offer is longer.  So $8.5 million x 7 is $59.5 million.  While the $8.5M AAV falls under the 2 1sts plus a 2nd and a 3rd level (based on 2016's chart), $59.5M divided by the max denominator of five is $11.9M which falls into the four first rounder category.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

A little known fact about offer sheets is that the denominator in offer sheets is only a max of five years even if the offer is longer.  So $8.5 million x 7 is $59.5 million.  While the $8.5M AAV falls under the 2 1sts plus a 2nd and a 3rd level (based on 2016's chart), $59.5M divided by the max denominator of five is $11.9M which falls into the four first rounder category.

I did not know the 5 year thing. 4 firsts seems like an awful lot.

Thanks for the info.

We need to improve our centre position . When we are scoring it's because our centres are making plays. 2nd half of the season when teams play harder and our centres disappear and we don't score. It happens ever year.

time to blow up our centres.

trade  call up the avs trade

to avs

galchenyuk + emelin + a prospect

to habs

duchene

trade plekanec for a pick

sign hanzal and stone resign radulov

pacioretty-duchene-radulov

lehkonen-hanzal-Gallagher 

byron-danault-shaw

king-Mitchell-martinsen

stone-weber

benn-petry

markov-beaulieu

price

montoya

6 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

What's our track record in the first round Since taking Price?

2005-Price - only good pick that was almost ruined in development

2006-Fischer - useless pick

2007-McDonough - given away for garbage (I'm not counting pacioretty who was picked with  a San Jose pick)

2008-kristo- dumped for peanuts

2009-Leblanc- dumped and should never have been picked

2010- tinordi- dumped for peanuts

2011-Beaulieu - will probably be dumped or middle to bottom pairing in Montreal 

2012 -galchenyuk- should be a #1 or at worst #2 centre, but will probably be dumped

2013 -mcarron - bottom 6

2014 -schrebak - still in AHL

2015 -juulson - hopefully will be a top 4

2016 - sergachev - looks like a legitimate future top pairing dman- if we don't Fxck up his development

anyways, that's a hardly a great success.   If you exclude the two guys still in junior, we have have a franchise goalie, one guy who should be a front line player, one top D we gave away, two guys who are bottom pairing dman/bottom 6 forwards (and mccarron should not have been taken before the 3rd round), one guy in the minors who HOPEFULLY becomes a top 6 winger and  three wasted picks.  We picked 4 legitimate top players with our 1st round picks, So yeah, I'd give up four 1st rounders.

Even when we picked promising players we fxcked up their development.  Id be willing to give up four 1st rounders for a guy who already has developed into a top centre and is only 21. Hell I'd offer $10m for 7 years to make sure we get him.  We've proven that we can't draft and develop a top line centre.  Koivu was the last guy close to being a top line centre, but he was never the same after blowing his knee. MB and his foxhole buddy have totally messed up galchenyuk, who SHOULD be a top line centre.