Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Sadly, a plausible and telling remark.

You both are giving him too much credit.  MB probably would have waived him.

Why are there so many proposals with Galchenyuk in them? I don't think that he has a whole lot of trade value but he could still be a producer for us (time will tell).

The only real trade asset that we could live without is Patches. I think that he has significant trade value.

Not saying that I want to trade him as he scores lots of goals for us but if we are looking for a great return then Patches is the guy.

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Why are there so many proposals with Galchenyuk in them? I don't think that he has a whole lot of trade value but he could still be a producer for us (time will tell).

The only real trade asset that we could live without is Patches. I think that he has significant trade value.

Not saying that I want to trade him as he scores lots of goals for us but if we are looking for a great return then Patches is the guy.

Unless we he is traded as part of a package for Barkov, McKinnon or Draisatl, it is ludicrous to trade galchenyuk.  

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Well, rumours centre on Galy because most people believe MB would much more readily trade a high-ceiling young player than Pacioretty, who is the perfect 'company man' the organization obviously prizes. Add to that his intemperate remarks about Galy at the presser, and that his new coach seems to dislike him, and you've got a perfect storm for rumours.

I disagree that Galy has little value. Smart teams would love the chance to acquire a kid that young who has already scored 30. It 's a classic case of swooping in to grab a guy after the other team has endured all his growing pains. There will certainly be demand. Bergy will probably flip him for inadequate return (less talent but more 'character') but that's another story.

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, rumours centre on Galy because most people believe MB would much more readily trade a high-ceiling young player than Pacioretty, who is the perfect 'company man' the organization obviously prizes. Add to that his intemperate remarks about Galy at the presser, and that his new coach seems to dislike him, and you've got a perfect storm for rumours.

I disagree that Galy has little value. Smart teams would love the chance to acquire a kid that young who has already scored 30. It 's a classic case of swooping in to grab a guy after the other team has endured all his growing pains. There will certainly be demand. Bergy will probably flip him for inadequate return (less talent but more 'character') but that's another story.

Don't get why this received a negative rating

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I agree that there is interest for him I just don't think the return will be very good. It would be lunacy to dump him for anything short of a proven centre in return and there is no way we are getting that without adding pieces.

Patches would get you that.

27 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I agree that there is interest for him I just don't think the return will be very good. It would be lunacy to dump him for anything short of a proven centre in return and there is no way we are getting that without adding pieces.

Patches would get you that.

Stepan or Giroulx are obvious candidates for a Galy trade. You're right that such a return would likely be a big undersell, but those are 'proven C.'

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Stepan or Giroulx are obvious candidates for a Galy trade. You're right that such a return would likely be a big undersell, but those are 'proven C.'

Giroux looks like he is heading into decline and Larry brooks has been writing that the rangers should try to trade Stephan for a more dynamic player (cough, cough - sound like Galchenyuk?). So I guess since their current teams are probably chomping at the bit to trade these declining players, they fit the profile of what MB would want.

On 2017-05-20 at 11:27 AM, dlbalr said:

Why wouldn't he cost much?  He'd be a top six centre on a good contract that's available in a market that's largely bereft of top six centres.  That suggests a bidding war, not a low-cost pickup.

Yea I should have specified, in my mind I was thinking compared to the asking price on centers like Duchene or even Tavares. Yes Anisimov will cost us for sure, but maybe not enough to leave a glaring hole somewhere like the other two would.

I'm not one to throw many of our players on to the let's trade him bus but I do think Galchenyuk is tradeable and I would agree that it's only because of the handling of him from within the organization.

I've long stated over and over that I think Galchenyuk being able to play wing as well as center should be used in a versatile way. Why does it have to be a big problem that he can play both? With that being said, this seesawing has become a bit of a distraction that has had a negative impact on our team. This is because whether I personally believe it or not, clearly the organization has felt that actually, he can't play both. He hasn't been trusted as a center. That's where it becomes a distraction. 

I like him and am a fan and always will be a fan but the only reason he's tradeable

in my opinion is because the organization is not using him or has not used him as a center during a period where we desperately need one. If he can be traded for a player who will definitely play center in a top 6 role for us without question, then I think about making the trade.

There are top 6 centers I wouldn't trade him for though so I guess that's where it all comes down to personal preference. I say no to a player like Stepan but would think about a player like Giroux or Duchene as pieces coming back in a trade as long as their roles were clearly identified (Duchene plays center and not wing) prior to the moves.

2 hours ago, Meller93 said:

Yea I should have specified, in my mind I was thinking compared to the asking price on centers like Duchene or even Tavares. Yes Anisimov will cost us for sure, but maybe not enough to leave a glaring hole somewhere like the other two would.

Well, should be interesting to see what Bergy does between mid June to early July. The only thing to top Weber pick up from last year would involve Price or two top six players sent packing maybe. I just dont think they would deal Galchenyuk after just a poor 2nd half? Gallagher seems one more expendable and could maybe package with Beaulieu and a 1st for Duchene?

Just now, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Trade Pacioretty. 

Need a new captain? Got one with Weber.

Need a new left winger? The team already doesn't like Galchenyuk at centre so he can slip into the role just fine.

Desirable contract? Yup. 

That's the guy you trade for a centre.

Just..how in hell do you replace his consistent goal production though (not that I disagree at all)? If offered a new contract he would be one high paid winger, what is a consistent 35-39g goal scorer worth on the market?

5 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Trade Pacioretty. 

Need a new left winger? The team already doesn't like Galchenyuk at centre so he can slip into the role just fine.

Desirable contract? Yup. 

So we trade the guy who scored 30+ a year even through his slumps at 4.5 a year? What we should do is parlay his cheap Cap rate and get another player.

pacioretty is not the Problem. The problem is his cap savings are wasted on others who don't or aren't contributing to the scoresheet. 

32 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Trade Pacioretty. 

Desirable contract? Yup. 

Not a bad point. And it's this sort of outside-the-box thinking that's gonna be required to salvage the Bergevin era.

21 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

So we trade the guy who scored 30+ a year even through his slumps at 4.5 a year? What we should do is parlay his cheap Cap rate and get another player.

pacioretty is not the Problem. The problem is his cap savings are wasted on others who don't or aren't contributing to the scoresheet. 

How many times does he have to disappoint in the playoffs before we disregard his consistent seasons?

Consistent 30 goal seasons? Wasn't that Michael Ryder for this team once upon a time? Why is that untradeable?

Montreal once had one of the best pure goal scorers in the league. They traded him for a guy that didn't replace his goals but was a top centre on a Stanley Cup winning team. That guy was Stephane Richer. He got us Kirk Muller. 

Who could Pacioretty get us?

7 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

How many times does he have to disappoint in the playoffs before we disregard his consistent seasons?

Consistent 30 goal seasons? Wasn't that Michael Ryder for this team once upon a time? Why is that untradeable?

Montreal once had one of the best pure goal scorers in the league. They traded him for a guy that didn't replace his goals but was a top centre on a Stanley Cup winning team. That guy was Stephane Richer. He got us Kirk Muller. 

Who could Pacioretty get us?

Tavares? Pretty pretty please!!!!

I really like Machine's reasoning here. Only really bold moves will raise this team to 'true contender' status within the 3-4 year window it faces.

The thing, though, is that if you trade Patches for a legit #1 C, you're fixing the problem at C, and the team's wing strength is perhaps still OK (Radu, Galy, Lehkonen, Gally isn't too bad); but you may not actually be adding to the overall offensive output.  Let's say we get a C back who scores 30 goals and gets 70 points per season: those numbers are comparable to Pacioretty numbers. So positionally, the trade solves a problem; but if the objective is to put more pucks in the net, it might not make much difference.

I'm not sure Galchenyuk is a 30 goal scorer at LW. 

Look where he scores his goals from.  He needs to be allowed to float over to the right face off circle and shoot that one timer if he is going to maximize his goal scoring. 

thats not going to happen at Left wing. 

So even if he's a winger, left wing isn't his spot IMO. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Look where he scores his goals from.  He needs to be allowed to float over to the right face off circle and shoot that one timer if he is going to maximize his goal scoring. 

Yes sir!

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Amen.  He should be a right winger, with orders to shoot the puck every chance he gets.