Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Ya, even better. 

Crisp or Thrower would have fit the bill, but that development went no where 

I blame Lefebvre and the development team for many misses. 

But not those two. 

They were bad draft picks who were failing even before getting out of Junior. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I blame Lefebvre and the development team for many misses. 

But not those two. 

They were bad draft picks who were failing even before getting out of Junior. 

I know Crisp was way off the charts. Don't know about Thrower...

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

He had attitude issues as soon as he returned to Saskatoon from Habs camp, then had lingering injury issues.

7 hours ago, Commandant said:

They arent' trading Schlemko four days after acquiring him. 

I had that thought as well, but I think this year is a little different no? The expansion draft causes abnormal activity and player flipping

In 2014 Jaroslav Halak was traded from the Blues to the Sabres on Feb.28th only to be traded from the Sabres to the Capitols 3 days later. That's in the middle of the season for players and picks in two seeminlgy complicated trades so not really a 3-way trade scenario. Then he was traded yet again before the draft from the Caps to the Islanders so this kind of thing is far from unprecedented

Bergevin had a screaming need at LD so he took advantage of the availability of defensemen through Vegas at a bargain price. Schlemko hasn't played a game, maybe hasn't even met new teammates, nor had to find a house or be assimilated into the team; lets not pretend he's somehow meant to be a cornerstone addition to the team this offseason either. He's fair game to be flipped IMO

Edited by for Pete's sake

3 hours ago, for Pete's sake said:

I had that thought as well, but I think this year is a little different no? The expansion draft causes abnormal activity and player flipping

In 2014 Jaroslav Halak was traded from the Blues to the Sabres on Feb.28th only to be traded from the Sabres to the Capitols 3 days later. That's in the middle of the season for players and picks in two seeminlgy complicated trades so not really a 3-way trade scenario. Then he was traded yet again before the draft from the Caps to the Islanders so this kind of thing is far from unprecedented

Bergevin had a screaming need at LD so he took advantage of the availability of defensemen through Vegas at a bargain price. Schlemko hasn't played a game, maybe hasn't even met new teammates, nor had to find a house or be assimilated into the team; lets not pretend he's somehow meant to be a cornerstone addition to the team this offseason either. He's fair game to be flipped IMO

I think its different for Vegas flipping a player. 

I don't think its different for Vegas taking a guy from San Jose, then trading him to Montreal, then flipping him again.... I just don't see that happening. 

This isn't playstation. 

And this isn't the Halak situation where he was traded to Buffalo to equal cap hits with Ryan Miller going to the Blues, and then moved on again by the Sabres cause he was UFA and the Sabres were sellers. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Thrower got hurt and his development at the junior level completely stalled.  When a guy is not only not getting better in junior, but actually getting worse in junior its a very bad sign.  I don't blame lefebvre when the kid was regressing before he ever got to Hamilton. 

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Look, this is a very level-headed and logical approach to the situation, but we have a very strong "#### Lefebvre" policy here and I have to strongly suggest you adhere to it.

I blame Lefebvre for a lot.  But these two aren't on him. 

14 minutes ago, DON said:

Which are?

In 5 years I expect him to have produced some NHL talent.

The fact that the three impact players we have drafted in recent years spent 0 games with Sly (Chucky, Lehkonen), and less than half a season (Gallagher) and none of the rest have developped is damning. 

You can say its scouting, but consider the same scouting staff was getting results with Lever, Boucher and Cunneyworth coaching, and you can see that things can't get worse by replacing Sly. 

But you know full well my opinion on Sly, I've written it to you previously on at least three occassions. 

• Upvote 1

It seems as though MB is playing the waiting game; Radu needs to decide if he'll accept an offer in length for 4-5 years.  If Radu goes sign with the Habs, my guess is Galchenyuk is gone.  What about dealing Chucky to Minny for Brodin or Scandella?

Radu - $7M/year

Markov - $5.5M/year

Brodin/Scandella - $4.1/year

That leaves $7M+ for Jumbo Joe :)

Nick Bonino is in Montreal tomorrow to meet with MB.  I believe that's the third UFA to come to Montreal to check the city/organization out (Weal, Alzner).  Interesting.

7 hours ago, JGC21 said:

Nick Bonino is in Montreal tomorrow to meet with MB.  I believe that's the third UFA to come to Montreal to check the city/organization out (Weal, Alzner).  Interesting.

Weal would be a good pickup too, reminds me of a Danault type addition.

I agree with Commandant though, Brodin or Scandella would be clear losses for Chucky if that's all we get.

9 hours ago, Commandant said:

The fact that the three impact players we have drafted in recent years spent 0 games with Sly (Chucky, Lehkonen), and less than half a season (Gallagher) and none of the rest have developped is damning. 

You can say its scouting, but consider the same scouting staff was getting results with Lever, Boucher and Cunneyworth coaching, and you can see that things can't get worse by replacing Sly. 

But you know full well my opinion on Sly, I've written it to you previously on at least three occassions. 

I don't think it's just your opinion. It's obvious that Montreal's development system is in disarray and if Bergevin doesn't fix it --it should, and eventually will, get him fired.

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

Do not want Brodin or Scandella for Chucky.  Those trades are clear losses for the Habs. 

Just play Chuck at Center

One for one, either of those deals could be a disaster. Play him at centre, play him on the wing but don't trade him unless you get excellent value. Keep him and let a good season rebuild the value that the organization has caused him to lose.

9 hours ago, Commandant said:

Names?

Which are the ones since 2012 that should be regular NHLers and arnt? 

9 minutes ago, DON said:

Names?

Which are the ones since 2012 that should be regular NHLers and arnt? 

You're being pedantic. Picking out names isn't the point, the point is that SOMEONE should have made it by now, especially when our drafts are consistently considered successful immediately after they occur .

9 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

You're being pedantic. Picking out names isn't the point, the point is that SOMEONE should have made it by now, especially when our drafts are consistently considered successful immediately after they occur .

Gallagher did, Beaulieu did, Condon did, Andrighetto did, Hudon and McCarron likely will. Lernout, Lindgren likely 50-50, but were long shots to begin with.

25 minutes ago, DON said:

Gallagher did, Beaulieu did, Condon did, Andrighetto did, Hudon and McCarron likely will. Lernout, Lindgren likely 50-50, but were long shots to begin with.

1 player who spent half a season in the AHL, 2 goalies who developed more in college than the AHL, a bunch of players that have plateaued in the AHL... have any of these guys actually flourished under Lefebvre? Or even just met expectations? 

It's either a scouting issue or a development issue... and I'm siding with the scouts who were doing well before Lefebvre showed up.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

1 player who spent half a season in the AHL, 2 goalies who developed more in college than the AHL, a bunch of players that have plateaued in the AHL... have any of these guys actually flourished under Lefebvre? Or even just met expectations? 

It's either a scouting issue or a development issue... and I'm siding with the scouts who were doing well before Lefebvre showed up.

Took the words outta my mouth

12 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

It's both scouting and development. 

No doubt there are aspects of both yea. Seems like we rarely get these gems, like a kucherov from overseas. Lehkonen seems the closest.

2 hours ago, DON said:

Louis LeBlanc
Jared Tinordi
Jacob Dela Rose
Zach Fucale

Those would be the bigger names off the top of my head. Guys who went to shit with lef