Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24
11 hours ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

He was another Pateryn however, with the mouthy girlfriend on Twitter. That didn't sit well, even though I thought it was bogus he was first cut from camp.

The development issues also stem from Bergevin being the last exit for 48 miles on the highway. How many players called Montreal home for the last time? Douglas Murray, Frankie Boo, Briere was effectively done, Manny Malhotra. Mike Weaver, he signed Travis Moen's last deal, George Parros. I'm not done! Jeff Halpern, Colby Armstrong. Hold the phone! Stay with me now. Sergei Gonchar, Bryan Allen. Tom Gilbert has played 18 games in the NHL since the Habs. Tomas Fleischmann, Mike Brown, John frigging Scott and Victor Bartley didn't play this year. Not finished. Alex Semin. Steve Ott just retired. Does anybody see Torrey Mitchell getting another deal? How about David Schlemko.

As you can see...development issues are also created when a GM plugs the bottom of his roster with the last squeeze of the towel from middling journeymen. Most of of these guys are hardly hasbeens. Plenty of players, and Brad Marchand is the best example, spend time on the lower lines learning to play in the NHL. They've been too conservative and asked too much of their young players to make the league, imo. 

Do any of those players draw a comparison to Bergevin in his playing days.... He has a soft spot for them. 

52 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Do any of those players draw a comparison to Bergevin in his playing days.... He has a soft spot for them. 

I actually had that thought with Alzner. Now I like Alzner, but he strikes me as a guy MB would over pay for because of some intangibile or something. Alzner comes across someone who plays very similarly to Bergevin.

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2017/6/27/15855436/marc-bergevin-clarifying-his-approach-to-defence-emelin-beaulieu-schlemko-weber-subban-galchenyuk

21 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

I actually had that thought with Alzner. Now I like Alzner, but he strikes me as a guy MB would over pay for because of some intangibile or something. Alzner comes across someone who plays very similarly to Bergevin.

No.  In his defence he is better than bergevin.  Still not someone I want, but no reason to insult him further.

54 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

No.  In his defence he is better than bergevin.  Still not someone I want, but no reason to insult him further.

By plays similarly I meant plays a similar game. I didn't say MB was as good.

Mihkail Grigorenko plays a similar game to Galchenyuk, that doesn't mean he's as good

Guest Stogey24

I don't agree with doing it and I've voiced my opinion on why Bergevin won't do it, but if McDavid signs this monster contract, Edmonton is not matching an offer sheet for Draisitl. 

If this team truly is all in and Bergevin has giant set of nuts, he'd throw an offer sheet Edmonton's way for Draistl. 

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

I don't agree with doing it and I've voiced my opinion on why Bergevin won't do it, but if McDavid signs this monster contract, Edmonton is not matching an offer sheet for Draisitl. 

If this team truly is all in and Bergevin has giant set of nuts, he'd throw an offer sheet Edmonton's way for Draistl. 

I agree. Sure Chiarelli said he will match.  What's he going to say, I'll only match offers up to $8m.  He would have a very hated time matching an offer close to $10m and quite frankly, I'd rather spend $10m on Draisaitl than Price.  Not saying I don't want Price, just saying it's been a lon time since a team one just because of their goalie.  Even when the goalie has been great, those teams had pretty decent offence.  I have a hard time paying more than $8m or $8.5m for a goalie.

1 hour ago, illWill said:

Spending $10m + picks on a young guy who has inflated points with McDavid is a gamble to say the least. But who am I to question the wisdom around here 

The premise is either that Dreseitl is the real deal (not an unreasonable assumption) or that the Habs are sufficiently desperate due to their shortened Cup window that they *have* to make a big move to fix the hole at C, even if the move carries risk.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The premise is either that Dreseitl is the real deal (not an unreasonable assumption) or that the Habs are sufficiently desperate due to their shortened Cup window that they *have* to make a big move to fix the hole at C, even if the move carries risk.

And the fact that it is sooooooo hard to trade for a quality centre.  Let's just forget the fact that other GM's manage to make a move at a pretty decent cost.  MB also said that really have to draft a centre - but than it's apparently found it harder to develop ta top centre when he did draft one.  He's tried sigming washed up UFA's and sounds like he is going to overpay for another one (bonino - never mind that he is a 3rd line centre.

the only thing he hasn't tried is the RFA offer sheet and I don't think there is a better opportunity than this year.

4 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Ek talking about a trade that would change the NHL - hmm...

Draisaitl, Talbot, Nurse for Price, Pleks, and Gallagher

I stopped reading after the first word ;)

• Upvote 2

I'm surprised at the lack of talk about Duchene and any possibility for the Habs.  

34 minutes ago, Zowpeb said:

I'm surprised at the lack of talk about Duchene and any possibility for the Habs.  

When you think of what the reported asking price was at the trade deadline (Galchenyuk, Sergachev, and a 1st) and what they reportedly turned down from the Islanders at the draft, it's hard to think that Montreal has the type of significant overpayment that Colorado is demanding to move Duchene. 

Just watched the Chiarelli interview.. I'd sign Draisaitl to a sheet immediately.. you can tell in his tone and words that there is a bit of a difference in what he wants and what Drai wants.

if he matches, it costs nothing 

3 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Just watched the Chiarelli interview.. I'd sign Draisaitl to a sheet immediately.. you can tell in his tone and words that there is a bit of a difference in what he wants and what Drai wants.

if he matches, it costs nothing 

Just one burnt bridge.

52 minutes ago, DON said:

Just one burnt bridge.

So?  Let it burn to cinder 

What are the reports on TJ Brodie in CGY?  He seems like an extra (i.e. expendable) body now that the Flames have a top four of Giordano, Hamilton, Hamonic and Stone.  Could Brodie be a fit for playing beside Weber?

1 minute ago, JGC21 said:

What are the reports on TJ Brodie in CGY?  He seems like an extra (i.e. expendable) body now that the Flames have a top four of Giordano, Hamilton, Hamonic and Stone.  Could Brodie be a fit for playing beside Weber?

Hamilton, Hamonic and Stone are all RHD

Brodie is their #2 LHD.

The seem to be trying to replicate what Nashville is doing. I don't think he's available. 

40 minutes ago, Neech said:

Should we gut our already depleted system to go all in for the next few years?

Plekanec

Gallagher

Poehling

Juulsen

1st

for 

Duchene +

Does Colorado even take this?

Add Tyson Barrie.