Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Dear Universe. Please manifest. John Tavares' refusal to sign long term with NYI franchise. Please manifest Bergevin trading Pacioretty Shaw Lindgren Davidson and a bunch of picks for him. Thank you Universe. I owe you.

• Upvote 2

Sort of off topic, but with offer sheets, does a player have the right to refuse the offer? Is the offer made to the player or the team and team has to pass it along. Can a team make an offer to a player, the player turns it down and the other team never finds out unless the player tells them?

26 minutes ago, bar said:

Sort of off topic, but with offer sheets, does a player have the right to refuse the offer? Is the offer made to the player or the team and team has to pass it along. Can a team make an offer to a player, the player turns it down and the other team never finds out unless the player tells them?

Offer sheet isn't in affect until the player accepts and signs.  Than the original team has an opportunity to match or walk away.  With draisaitl, I think if we offered $10m, the oilers will probably be forced to walk away.

With the contract mess MB has us in, I don't know if we could even make an offer 

16 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Offer sheet isn't in affect until the player accepts and signs.  Than the original team has an opportunity to match or walk away.  With draisaitl, I think if we offered $10m, the oilers will probably be forced to walk away.

all the way the contract mess MB has us in, I don't know if we could even make an offer 

Ahh ok i get it. 

12 hours ago, Neech said:

To Vegas:

2nd

3rd 2020

Plekanec

To Mtl

5th

sweet sweet capspace

Vegas has just a little under $8M in cap space right now and they still need to get rid of a defenceman. They also just acquired Marcus Kreuger.

Maybe they would do some form of Sbisa/Plekanec swap but I doubt it.

18 hours ago, nihilz said:

What about Ryan Johansen for Galchenyuk?

We'd have a better chance of Poile for MB.....which is zilch

1 minute ago, kaos said:

Montreal

Draisaitl RFA

Klefbom $4.2 M

Edmonton

Weber  $8 M

Galchenyuk  RFA 

Draft pick compensation for increase salary 

Why would the oilers do this?? Salary wise? It's a wash with new salaries:

Draisaitl $9.5m

klefbom $4.2m

galchenyuk $6m

weber $8m

edmonton would be giving up the younger players, the better player in the case of draisaitl and the much younger asset in klefbom.  Why would they overpay for galchenyuk after MB has killed his trade value and why would they want Weber who at worst has at least 4 years of sucking on his contract (and at best being a bottom pairing dman being paid as a top pairing) 

We don't have a good young established D the oilers would want and even if we did, we'd probably also have to throw in Gallagher 

8 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Draisaitl $9.5m

klefbom $4.2m

galchenyuk $6m

weber $8m

edmonton would be giving up the younger players, the better player in the case of draisaitl and the much younger asset in klefbom.  Why would they overpay for galchenyuk after MB has killed his trade value and why would they want Weber who at worst has at least 4 years of sucking on his contract (and at best being a bottom pairing dman being paid as a top pairing) 

We don't have a good young established D the oilers would want and even if we did, we'd probably also have to throw in Gallagher 

Oh the sad truth of this.

13 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Draisaitl $9.5m

klefbom $4.2m

galchenyuk $6m

weber $8m

That's why it says draft pick compensation. Fully realize it could be a 1st. Maybe even a 1st and 2nd.

I don't think the oilers would wanna take on even more salary with Gallagher but if they did I'd certainly add him.

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

We're probably better off arguing about what it would take to get Tavares...

Oilers can afford to part with Draisaitl more than the Islanders with Tavares

17 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Leon is being set up to be their Malkin to McDavid's Crosby. 

The skill drop after Leon is big at forward.

If we have cap space I'd still force them to match.  If nothing else, they end up having to pay the piper for sucking for so long and don't get the same benefit as Pittsburg and Chicago from benefiting having their two best players on manageable contracts 

Call Garth Snow, tell him how you think it is super risky to put all his eggs in the Tavares re-signs basket, plant the seed of doubt, water it a little. Give him the learn from my experience speech about Radulov, tell him to buy a dog, hang up abruptly, let him stew on the thoughts for a few hours. Call him back in 3 hours and tell him you are willing to give his dilemma a new option to consider..

Pacioretty, Gallagher, Lindgren, and a 1st round pick in 2018 for John Tavares 

Throw in a 2nd round pick in 2018 if he doesn't sound like he is mulling it over.

hang up, and cross your fingers the phone rings later on that day.

13 minutes ago, Link67 said:

Call Garth Snow, tell him how you think it is super risky to put all his eggs in the Tavares re-signs basket, plant the seed of doubt, water it a little. Give him the learn from my experience speech about Radulov, tell him to buy a dog, hang up abruptly, let him stew on the thoughts for a few hours. Call him back in 3 hours and tell him you are willing to give his dilemma a new option to consider..

Pacioretty, Gallagher, Lindgren, and a 1st round pick in 2018 for John Tavares 

Throw in a 2nd round pick in 2018 if he doesn't sound like he is mulling it over.

hang up, and cross your fingers the phone rings later on that day.

Would you do Patches and Galchenyuk for Tavares? That level of return seems sufficiently painful to get the job done

No, because then it kills our LW slot, I'm trying to balance the positions lost with this deal, a LW, a RW, and a G, plus first 2 picks. If we did Galchenyuk, then that would screw the element I had in mind to replace Pactioretty. I'd rather end up with..

Glachenyuk - Tavares - Drouin

Lehkonen - Danault - Hemsky

Than 

Lehkonen - Tavares - Drouin

Byron - Danault - Gallagher

28 minutes ago, Link67 said:

No, because then it kills our LW slot, I'm trying to balance the positions lost with this deal, a LW, a RW, and a G, plus first 2 picks. If we did Galchenyuk, then that would screw the element I had in mind to replace Pactioretty. I'd rather end up with..

Glachenyuk - Tavares - Drouin

Lehkonen - Danault - Hemsky

Than 

Lehkonen - Tavares - Drouin

Byron - Danault - Gallagher

The rationale behind my proposal was that it's easier to find quality W than stud C. But it's certainly a costly proposal - although it probably does represent what NYI might want back.

3 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Hahaha

Chance to get a number one centre, but nope, can't trade a left winger.

lol for real.. For Tavares late picks, jeez. Pacioretty Galchenyuk Lindgren picks.. Done.

Since the Caps are strapped for cash what about Mitchell for Eller?

Lehkonen Tavares Vanek

Drouin Danault Gallagher

Byron Plekanec Shaw

delaRose Eller Hemsky