Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

20 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

I’d rather send Alzner, Lehkonen, Lindgren, forward prospect & 1st for RNH.

I rather Oilers just give him to us for nothing but Hemsky and Morrow. 

WHY do vast majority of proposals involve piling up a big bunch of low value Hab 'stuff' and actually think that will get a quality player in return?

12 minutes ago, DON said:

I rather Oilers just give him to us for nothing but Hemsky and Morrow. 

WHY do vast majority of proposals involve piling up a big bunch of low value Hab 'stuff' and actually think that will get a quality player in return?

Don’t forget that the player coming back our way  seems to always be from Montreal ?

To Montreal:

D Kyle Quincey ($1.25M this season, pending UFA)

To Minnesota:

Conditional 2019 6th round draft pick (transferred if Quincey plays in 25 games with Montreal or is re-signed prior to October 1, 2018)

Why for Montreal?  Quincey cleared waivers earlier this week (so he'll be cheap to acquire) and can be stashed in the minors as an NHL-capable recall if injuries strike (or other trades are made).  They have plenty of cap room to absorb the small cap charge they'd incur by stashing him in Laval.  Basically, he's a Davidson replacement.

Why for Minnesota?  They're carrying nine d-men right now (including Quincey), have a whopping $40,000 in cap space, and are maxed on the 50 contract limit.  While they get no guaranteed return here, they were prepared to lose him for free a few days ago through waivers so the prospect of a potential draft pick is something while they get a bit of cap and contract wiggle room.

On 12/10/2017 at 4:43 PM, dlbalr said:

So would I.  But why would Buffalo?  If they move a guy like O'Reilly, it's probably either for futures or for a top-flight defenceman.

Salary cap move for next year and trade bait for picks next year. Seems if MB had sales in him this would be like "leadership qualities" for him, an intangible that is a lot easier sale then "leadership qualities", imHo

(edit) Plus it would not be too hard for the Sabers to pump his (MaxPac) numbers next to Eichel (sp?)

does any1 think there could be a trade to be had with the Sens?

MaxPac + 1rd round round in 2018

Vs.

E. Karlson + 3rd round pick in 2019 

(edit) I guess it would be "a bit" more then that after what Dorion gave for MD yet I feel the cap friendly hit + 1 full year on the contract of MaxP can be played as a chip in this trade to happen without having to give up next few years of picks. He can even eat a few bucks on the contract and Really increase the value of that "chip" but again he would Need a little sales/collections in him to do such a haggle.

On 15/12/2017 at 6:21 AM, ehjay said:

Vs.

(edit) I guess it would be "a bit" more then that after what Dorion gave for MD yet I feel the cap friendly hit + 1 full year on the contract of MaxP can be played as a chip in this trade to happen without having to give up next few years of picks. He can even eat a few bucks on the contract and Really increase the value of that "chip" but again he would Need a little sales/collections in him to do such a haggle.

Highway robbery. Karlson is a franchise player. 

On 2017-12-15 at 9:21 AM, ehjay said:

Vs.

More like price for Karlsson, other wise sens don't stay on the phone.

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

More like price for Karlsson, other wise sens don't stay on the phone.

And that along probably about a million other reasons, is why I'm not GM :D

7 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Highway robbery. Karlson is a franchise player. 

I was just going on a start but I would like to see MB make move that proves all the crap I dump on him about him wrong. A move to get a player back for an asset. Not to say MaxP isn't a player but compared to Karlsson; he's an asset at best, imho.  I think he is the best trade chip MB got to get back some thing better. 

MaxP is:  

30+ goal guy (Without a "1C")

25+ pass guy (unselfish for a "goal scorer")

Captn (Leadership, he can sell the wazoo out of; I bet)

Quick back on his skates (after injury) that don't happen too often, really (durable). 

Phenomenal contract (nuff said)

Phenomenal contract next year (cash in now on saving! for More Savings!!)

(bonus) MB can eat half that contract and that has to be worth something to Sens who some how spend but don't seem to. 

I think MaxP is good some night and invisible at best others yet I also think he is the kind of product you can hype up at Christmas to someone who doesn't really care what's in the box. Just wants something that will go with a new gizmo in house that's already bought and is about to trash out the thing he thinks is messing up the wifi. That is the kind of guy that will over pay for what ever the salesman says will work with that new gizmo. Can Habs be the shop Dorion blows his budget for the next year? I think so. Can MB close the sale? I don't know :(

This organization hides behind Price, which is why they don't make the moves they should make. If price gets hurt and the team goes down hill, oh don't worry everything will be better once price comes back. If price goes through a rough patch and the team slides, oh don't worry everything will be better once price finds his game.

I am starting to think the best thing for price  and us is a trade. because they will never get the players to help him Or us win a cup. As long as he is on this team they will never improve it. Just the same old band aid type deals that we are custom to seeing.

15 hours ago, ehjay said:

I was just going on a start but I would like to see MB make move that proves all the crap I dump on him about him wrong. A move to get a player back for an asset. Not to say MaxP isn't a player but compared to Karlsson; he's an asset at best, imho.  I think he is the best trade chip MB got to get back some thing better. 

MaxP is:  

30+ goal guy (Without a "1C")

25+ pass guy (unselfish for a "goal scorer")

Captn (Leadership, he can sell the wazoo out of; I bet)

Quick back on his skates (after injury) that don't happen too often, really (durable). 

Phenomenal contract (nuff said)

Phenomenal contract next year (cash in now on saving! for More Savings!!)

(bonus) MB can eat half that contract and that has to be worth something to Sens who some how spend but don't seem to. 

I think MaxP is good some night and invisible at best others yet I also think he is the kind of product you can hype up at Christmas to someone who doesn't really care what's in the box. Just wants something that will go with a new gizmo in house that's already bought and is about to trash out the thing he thinks is messing up the wifi. That is the kind of guy that will over pay for what ever the salesman says will work with that new gizmo. Can Habs be the shop Dorion blows his budget for the next year? I think so. Can MB close the sale? I don't know :(

I don't think we should be proposing trades based on the assumption that the other GM is an idiot who trades franchise players without 'caring about what's in the box' he's getting back. Even less should we criticize our GM for failing to 'close a sale' that only a negligent idiot would agree to. Would YOU trade Erikson for Pacioretty? No? Then don't expect Dorion to.

13 hours ago, Metallica said:

This organization hides behind Price, which is why they don't make the moves they should make. If price gets hurt and the team goes down hill, oh don't worry everything will be better once price comes back. If price goes through a rough patch and the team slides, oh don't worry everything will be better once price finds his game.

I am starting to think the best thing for price  and us is a trade. because they will never get the players to help him Or us win a cup. As long as he is on this team they will never improve it. Just the same old band aid type deals that we are custom to seeing.

Bland like Weber deals you mean, or Sergachev ones? 

Price is going no where anytime in next few years, no matter if fans want him dealt or if he gets injured and play downgrades. And if salary cap keeps going up is contract wont look as costly in future.

48 minutes ago, Easy Ryder said:

Ryan Murray @ Alex Galchenyuk ?

Same draft year. Both underachieving. Colombus need offensive winger Mtl needs first pass defense. 

I would not do that one for one.  Columbus would need to add a lot.

2 hours ago, nihilz said:

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Juulsen

OEL Dvorak Duclair

That doesn't really accomplish much for Montreal.  The defence certainly gets a boost but it comes at the expense of two of their top-three forwards and the end result is the Habs keep spinning their tires and lose two of their better youngsters in the process.  Dvorak isn't a top line centre of the future (he's a 2/3 guy, decent but not really a big need being filled) and Duclair isn't worth a whole lot given the glaring warts to his game.  Unless he figures out that actually trying more than once in a blue moon would help his cause, he's a flawed third liner.

7 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I don't think we should be proposing trades based on the assumption that the other GM is an idiot who trades franchise players without 'caring about what's in the box' he's getting back. Even less should we criticize our GM for failing to 'close a sale' that only a negligent idiot would agree to. Would YOU trade Erikson for Pacioretty? No? Then don't expect Dorion to.

I did put an edit in my original post that said it would probably cost more and I did mention at the start of the last post it would be a start :/

Guest Stogey24

Why would you trade Pacioretty for another left winger, who hasn't even posted the numbers Pacioretty has. 

It's either fill your Cupboards, or package him for centre. 

Edited by Stogey24

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Why would you trade Pacioretty for another left winger, who hasn't even posted the numbers Pacioretty has. 

It's either fill your Cupboards, or package him for centre. 

Still, these trades happen. Panarin for Saad.

No offence, but I wish people would stop proposing that MB fleece other GMs...while his lower-level trades (e.g., Danault) have sometimes been good, his two blockbuster deals have seen him closer to being fleeced than doing the fleecing. We can't assume other GMs are dumb as posts.

If we trade Patches, it should not be for another winger, but rather part of a deal to get a #1C or an elite puck-moving defenceman. Failing that, we're talking rebuild, and in that case we should be looking for elite picks/prospects.