Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

2 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I'm not an NHL GM, but I'd wager that you'd get more assets out of 5 teams vying for Pacioretty for 2 playoffs rather than 10 teams vying for Pacioretty for 1 playoff.

Id put him on the market now. Trade him if the offer is good... keep him if its not good. 

I think this is a rational way to do it.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Id put him on the market now. Trade him if the offer is good... keep him if its not good. 

I hadn't considered 2 playoffs vs 1, but not even trading him is likely smartest, if can get a centre for some other asset (Gallagher package perhaps).

49 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Ok, the club doesn't need a 26 year old with three 20 goal seasons already to his name to play centre.  And one of those was 26

We'll just keep putting Byron and De La Rose out there as our top 2 centres. 

That will work. 

God forbid we have a 2nd line centre who could score 20-25 goals. 

You still think McCarron will be a top 6 centre, so no surprise you don't want to clog things up to keep him from reaching his potential. 

The only reason we have Byron and DLR as centres is because of Julien's coaching decisions. And because the other 2C middle six nothing special guy Danault is out.

If Danault returned the likely situation would be Nelson and Danault as the top two centres, if they even play Nelson at centre.

It's such a nothing trade I think it'll happen to be honest. And we will probably see Nelson put up 15 goals and everyone can talk about how he's going to improve next year and look at his chemistry and if he played all year long he'd be a 50 point centre and it's a start and then womp womp the team sucks and we simply had a middle six guy on a hot streak. I have about as much passion for this trade as I would if we acquired Craig Smith convinced he'd be a solution in the top six at centre. Hey at least he shoots right, right?

This club is doomed. No point getting middle six guys unless we are flipping them for a team in division. You are either part of the future going forward or you are on your way out. And Nelson as a future guy going forward is hilarious.

Moving a spare part D in Schlemko for Nelson isn't a bad trade in my books. Whether or not Nelson would be a future guy is nearly irrelevant, honestly. Ya think Schlemko is a "future" guy for the Habs? Especially as a side move to fill in for Plex when he (hopefully) gets traded.

I know people are clamoring for the team to fail, but man, our C is laughable enough WITH Plex in the lineup. We'll be stuck with Byron, DLR, and who...Shaw? McCarron as our 4 centers for the remainder of the season. Holy moly that's craptastic.

33 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Rangers sound like they want to be sellers not buyers. 

But yes, we need a Thomas, or a Steel, or another high end centre prospect (plus a first, and probably at least one more prospect) before I even think of moving Max now. 

Look what the Sabres want for Kane. 

Thomas and Vince Dunn is a deal I would seriously consider.....if you can get a pick included then all the power to MB but I just don't think that many teams will move that many futures for one guy.   Especially a streaky winger who Dreger just classified as a "good support player".  

and given that everyone in the world knows that MB is looking for a center.....might be a bit harder to come by

I'd target Vancouver..

Trade like Cole Cassels and Juolevi for Galchenyuk? 

Cassels has fallen down their depth chart but was an effective two way player, Juolevi would be a solid add to the D. 

If they aren't going to use Chucky properly, might as well add players they might. 

54 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I'd want more than that for Chuck.  Juolevi has stagnated since his draft, he's okay as a prospect, but doesn't wow me. Cassels looks like a middling prospect, unlikely to do much at the NHL level. 

I was going to say the same thing. Still, the basic idea of trading Galy for a very promising puck-moving D-man and some other piece might make some sense. For sure Van would love Galy...but other than exciting C prospect Elias Pettersson, I'm not sure I see anyone that obviously fits the Habs' organizational needs. (Not to say that Joulevi wouldn't be a good add, but not for Galy IMHO).

Ben Hutton is really struggling, and I believe he is a LD. If we're looking for a possible buy-low situation, that might be worth pondering, but obviously not for a potentially impactful FW like Galy.

42 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I was going to say the same thing. Still, the basic idea of trading Galy for a very promising puck-moving D-man and some other piece might make some sense. For sure Van would love Galy...but other than exciting C prospect Elias Pettersson, I'm not sure I see anyone that obviously fits the Habs' organizational needs. (Not to say that Joulevi wouldn't be a good add, but not for Galy IMHO).

Ben Hutton is really struggling, and I believe he is a LD. If we're looking for a possible buy-low situation, that might be worth pondering, but obviously not for a potentially impactful FW like Galy.

Ya Peterson would be a great pickup.  

I believe this has been raised before, but do you think there is any way that Pacioretty would interest Ottawa as a return for Karlsson? It's really too bad Karlsson is a R d-man, but still, he'd represent a gigantic upgrade on our pathetic, useless-as-turd defensive corps. A potentially transformative acquisition. And Patches' cheap contract would surely appeal to Ottawa's Scrooge-like ownership, even if they know they have to pay up after next year.

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I believe this has been raised before, but do you think there is any way that Pacioretty would interest Ottawa as a return for Karlsson? It's really too bad Karlsson is a R d-man, but still, he'd represent a gigantic upgrade on our pathetic, useless-as-turd defensive corps. A potentially transformative acquisition. And Patches' cheap contract would surely appeal to Ottawa's Scrooge-like ownership, even if they know they have to pay up after next year.

Don't think it does anything for Ottawa. 

Karlsson's contract is the same length and also a bargain right now. 

Melnyk also seems to be petty, I don't think he'd want to willingly allow Karlsson to go to a rival. 

31 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I’d maxpac AND Weber for Karlsson - on the assumption his injury isn’t something long-term and we could sign him long-term.  It’s not the centre we need, but it’s a dman that can control the game.

even though they’d be getting a top dman locked in for cheaper than what Karlsson would require, I can’t see the sens going for it.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Don't think it does anything for Ottawa. 

Karlsson's contract is the same length and also a bargain right now. 

Melnyk also seems to be petty, I don't think he'd want to willingly allow Karlsson to go to a rival. 

You're right, I mucked up the contract dating. That deflates the idea a bit, but still. Patches as the centrepiece in a deal bringing back Karlsson would be great...but as you guys say, whether Ottawa finds it terribly tempting is another story. The way their season has gone it's hard to take their managerial acumen too seriously!

Ottawa trading Karlsson is the end of Dorion. He's their franchise player. Their defence is bad with him. The backlash would be fierce and someone has to take the blame.

If it's Melnyk approved then it'll likely be for a very good defensive prospect and a lot of draft picks. Even if Karlsson is busted goods.

3 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Ottawa trading Karlsson is the end of Dorion. He's their franchise player. Their defence is bad with him. The backlash would be fierce and someone has to take the blame.

If it's Melnyk approved then it'll likely be for a very good defensive prospect and a lot of draft picks. Even if Karlsson is busted goods.

that is what I thought would happen to MB after he did "the trade" and backlash or not. MB still has a job, Team doesn't seem to be better  and the D looks like a corpse. Maybe billionaire owners don't see winning like poor folk do, Idk :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2018 at 1:24 PM, Commandant said:

Agree totally. Just going to spit ball here. We have heard about a McDonagh for Pax trade. What if we added Kreider  (who is done for the year)for Petry. We become better for next year and the Rangers are better for the playoffs.

43 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Not sure the rangers are making the playoffs  . Nor do they desire to.  All reports are they are in full sell mode.

I think they will be a crossover team, at least they are in the mix. I appreciate a team that decides who they are at the deadline. Too many teams scrape into playoffs and concede their window of opportunity to get significantly better in the future.

1 hour ago, BlueKross said:

I think they will be a crossover team, at least they are in the mix. I appreciate a team that decides who they are at the deadline. Too many teams scrape into playoffs and concede their window of opportunity to get significantly better in the future.

I know the standings say they are still in the race. 

I'm just going by what Lebrun, McKenzie, Freidmann and their local guys are all reporting... that they think they can't compete in the Metro and want to sell off. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I know the standings say they are still in the race. 

I'm just going by what Lebrun, McKenzie, Freidmann and their local guys are all reporting... that they think they can't compete in the Metro and want to sell off. 

Rangers know there is no way they can contend for the cup given the powerhouses in their conference, so they are ready to blow it up.

On the other hand, I can just see MB offering up Mete, jullsson, 1st round pick, Scherbak and galchenyuk for McDonagh, Nash, stall, zbinjad and Kreider - because that’s all we need to push us past TBL.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

On the other hand, I can just see MB offering up Mete, jullsson, 1st round pick, Scherbak and galchenyuk for McDonagh, Nash, stall, zbinjad and Kreider - because that’s all we need to push us past TBL.

I can't see that happening - when was the last time a nine-player trade like that happened?  They're not realistic...

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I can't see that happening - when was the last time a nine-player trade like that happened?  They're not realistic...

That wasn’t an actual proposal. Should have had the sarcasm emoji. Point is rangers know they aren’t a contender and they are blowing things up - even though they are still better than us and are a likely playoff team. MB on the other hand would probably try to get us older by rolling the dice that he isn’t a moron and this team isn’t as bad as everyone else knows it is.  Meanwhile we pick up more declining assets.