Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Yes, cause thats what he did in 2016, the last time we were this far out of a playoff spot. 

See this is when people think you are too negative.

When you make up shit that hasn't happened, just to shit on the team.

There is enough mistakes that Bergevin has actually made, and are worthy of being shit on, that you don't need to make up new and implausible scenarios and say he's probably going to do this, just to make him look bad. 

His own record is bad enough as it is. 

21 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Yes, cause thats what he did in 2016, the last time we were this far out of a playoff spot. 

See this is when people think you are too negative.

When you make up shit that hasn't happened, just to shit on the team.

There is enough mistakes that Bergevin has actually made, and are worthy of being shit on, that you don't need to make up new and implausible scenarios and say he's probably going to do this, just to make him look bad. 

His own record is bad enough as it is. 

He said didnt  trade young players and picks for 4 dead beats at the deadline last year?  Guys who were supposed to add character and get us through the playoffs?? He didn’t do that??(  REALLY???  

1) I said 2016, which is far more comparable to the current situation then a team that was in first place at the deadline last year. 

2) Last year he traded Andrighetto, Pateryn, and a 4th round pick, and 6th round pick.  Your scenario has him moving a first rounder, some of our best prospects in juulsen, mete, and scherbak, as well as our second leading scorer in Galchenyuk.  If you think that is the same, I don't know what to tell you. 

Again, his 2017 trade deadline was bad.  We can crap on him for that all day, and I'll even help. 

But making stuff up that hasn't happened to bash him, is just silliness.

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

1) I said 2016, which is far more comparable to the current situation then a team that was in first place at the deadline last year. 

2) Last year he traded Andrighetto, Pateryn, and a 4th round pick, and 6th round pick.  Your scenario has him moving a first rounder, some of our best prospects in juulsen, mete, and scherbak, as well as our second leading scorer in Galchenyuk.  If you think that is the same, I don't know what to tell you. 

Again, his 2017 trade deadline was bad.  We can crap on him for that all day, and I'll even help. 

But making stuff up that hasn't happened to bash him, is just silliness.

In 2016, he didn’t have Price and picked up an AHL goalie as a replacement.  He should have been in full sell mode and moved Pleks - who better be moved this year.  He should have also been exploring moving maxpac and DD.  Did he do that?  No. Because he thought he was a Weber away from being a contender.

1) Pleks was signed in November before that season went to crap.... they were still in first place and had a healthy price at the time.  You weren't trading him after signing him.

2) You have no idea if he shopped DD and Max or not.  What were the offers? Were they worth taking?  So again you criticize him on what you imagine should have happened, but without the information of what the actual options were. 

Like I said, he's a shit GM.  There is enough meat on the bone to criticize for moves made, that we don't need to keep making up hypotheticals he didn't do to make it look worse. 

• Upvote 1

To Dallas

Karl Alzner

To Montreal

Martin Hanzal (pending physical, waiving NMC)

Methot is on the IR and Hamhuis is an upcoming UFA.

Hanzal has had a terrible year so far in Dallas made worse by his injury. 

Even though Montreal gets a struggling player back, they at least get a centre who can play 2C/3C during the tank, and if he can get back into a 15 goal/40 point performance, his size will make him easily tradeable. He would be the perfect tank centre.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I'd do that deal from a Montreal perspective.

I second that emotion. We get rid of that boat anchor and take a flyer on someone who may actually be able to play C. Make it so.

With rumors abound about potential Galchenyuk or Pacs trades.. here's a list I think I'd try..

1. Pacs, draft pick to Nashville for Ejdsell and Tolvanen.. not sure how the salary works, might have to eat some.. 2 solid prospects that can play next year

2. Galchenyuk, draft pick to NYI for Kieffer Bellows, Benjamin Mirageas and a cap dump. Bellows looks like a solid power forward. His dad won a cup in Montreal. Mirageas is a solid d-man.

3. Pacs, draft pick to St. Louis for Robert Thomas, Tage Thompson and Jani Hakanpaa. 2 solid forwards in Thomas and Thompson, both could play next year. Hakanpaa is a big physical dman that could be a solid project. 

4.  McCaron and a 2nd rnd draft pick to Arizona for Pierre-Olivier Joseph.. this kid is going to be a player.. This trade might be a stretch....

5. Galchenyuk to Florida for Adam Mascherin and a pick.. another solid prospect, similar to Gallagher - just a hustle player. Could play next year.

6. Pacs and a 2nd round pick to Carolina for Morgan Geekie and Valentin Zykov.. two top 6 forwards that could play next year. 

7. Plekanec to Dallas for Roope Hintz and a draft pick.. A speedy forward that could play next year. 

I'm not suggesting I think they should trade Chucky, he's just not being used correctly so might as well add players that will be.

Pacs needs to go and he's likely to bring back two solid players for next year. 

Pleks needs to go. 

I was bored, that killed an hour!

2 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

With rumors abound about potential Galchenyuk or Pacs trades.. here's a list I think I'd try..

1. Pacs, draft pick to Nashville for Ejdsell and Tolvanen.. not sure how the salary works, might have to eat some.. 2 solid prospects that can play next year

1.) Montreal needs a lot more for Pac than this and you've thrown in a draft pick?.

2. Galchenyuk, draft pick to NYI for Kieffer Bellows, Benjamin Mirageas and a cap dump. Bellows looks like a solid power forward. His dad won a cup in Montreal. Mirageas is a solid d-man.

2.) No, just no... i wouldn't do that straight up, and you are throwing in draft picks?

3. Pacs, draft pick to St. Louis for Robert Thomas, Tage Thompson and Jani Hakanpaa. 2 solid forwards in Thomas and Thompson, both could play next year. Hakanpaa is a big physical dman that could be a solid project. 

I don't think Thomas would be playing next year. 

Also don't think Hakanpaa is going to be in the NHL.  He's 25.  He tried the AHL before, it didn't work, he went back to Europe.  He has no value. 

Pac for Thomas, Thompson and a Pick

or Pac for Thomas, Walman and a Pick if you want a D

4.  McCaron and a 2nd rnd draft pick to Arizona for Pierre-Olivier Joseph.. this kid is going to be a player.. This trade might be a stretch....

Don't think Arizona takes that.  

5. Galchenyuk to Florida for Adam Mascherin and a pick.. another solid prospect, similar to Gallagher - just a hustle player. Could play next year.

No, just no.

6. Pacs and a 2nd round pick to Carolina for Morgan Geekie and Valentin Zykov.. two top 6 forwards that could play next year. 

Mike Milbury levels of terrible here.

I can't even start on how bad this trade is.

7. Plekanec to Dallas for Roope Hintz and a draft pick.. A speedy forward that could play next year. 

I like it.

I'm not suggesting I think they should trade Chucky, he's just not being used correctly so might as well add players that will be.

Pleks needs to go. 

23 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

7. Plekanec to Dallas for Roope Hintz and a draft pick.. A speedy forward that could play next year

Pleks needs to go. 

If you think plekanec would get you anything more then a 3rd round pick your crazy.

I think Plekanec gets you a second rounder, or a prospect the level of Hintz, especially if the Habs retain salary. 

Teams need a good defensive centre.  What rental centres are available from teams out of the playoffs.  Its basically Mark Letestu, Matt Stajan, Valterri Filpulla and Plekanec.  If I want a guy for penalty kill and playing against the other teams top 6, its plekanec easily.  The points aren't there, but he's been strong defensively all season. 

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

If you think plekanec would get you anything more then a 3rd round pick your crazy.

If Bergevin gets less than a 2nd then he's incompetent. 

Pleks is one of the top rental centremen out there, as odd as that is to say.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I think Plekanec gets you a second rounder, or a prospect the level of Hintz, especially if the Habs retain salary. 

Teams need a good defensive centre.  What rental centres are available from teams out of the playoffs.  Its basically Mark Letestu, Matt Stajan, Valterri Filpulla and Plekanec.  If I want a guy for penalty kill and playing against the other teams top 6, its plekanec easily.  The points aren't there, but he's been strong defensively all season. 

He also hasn't lost his speed. 

3 hours ago, Trizzak said:

No way am I giving up a 2nd round pick and/or a prospect for a guy who is over paid and doesn't show up in the playoffs. Plus he is a ufa this off season. Sorry but I don't over value guys just because they play on my favorite team.

30 minutes ago, Metallica said:

No way am I giving up a 2nd round pick and/or a prospect for a guy who is over paid and doesn't show up in the playoffs. Plus he is a ufa this off season. Sorry but I don't over value guys just because they play on my favorite team.

So apparently you’re new to deadline trades? Teams overpay for impending UFAs on an annual basis, that’s the whole point of being sellers at the deadline.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, huzer said:

So apparently you’re new to deadline trades? Teams overpay for impending UFAs on an annual basis, that’s the whole point of being sellers at the deadline.

I am just saying he has a history of not showing up in the playoffs. If I am a GM and do my homework on players I am not giving up a lot to get him.  He would be my last option for a player I wont on my team to go on a deep playoff run.  It would be different if he didn't have a history of not showing up come playoff time.

7 minutes ago, Metallica said:

I am just saying he has a history of not showing up in the playoffs. If I am a GM and do my homework on players I am not giving up a lot to get him.  He would be my last option for a player I wont on my team to go on a deep playoff run.  It would be different if he didn't have a history of not showing up come playoff time.

He won't be relied on to produce offense though. He'll just be shut down centre. 

14 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

He won't be relied on to produce offense though. He'll just be shut down centre. 

Being a shutdown centre is something he has always done well in the playoffs. 

P.S. There is no such thing as clutch.

Plekanec's numbers in the playoffs are down because he has always been given that shutdown role when his coaches have gameplanned for the playoffs.  His defensive zone starts, penalty kill minutes, and matchups against the other team's top line have always shot up in the playoffs, over where they are in the season. And he's done a pretty good job at them over the years too.

5 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Is there still any debate about his incompetency??

2 hours ago, Metallica said:

Habs will retain half of Pleks' salary, so he'll have a $3 000 000 prorated salary at the deadline (like...$800 000?). And having an expiring contract is a plus to a playoff team that won't necessarily have the cap space to sign a guy like Pleks beyond this season, but still want to go all in for the playoffs this season. Add in a weak market for available rental centremen at the deadline and, well...

No one here is overvaluing Plekanec because he's on our favourite team. A 2nd round pick (MINIMUM) is the historical market price for guys like Pleks. 

• Upvote 2