Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

14 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Can people please stop over hyping Pacioretty. He is NOT elite. He might have good goal totals over the last X years.. but he's a floater. He coasts. He loses battles. Watch the game last night, there were several plays where Pacs was just uninterested. He's S-O-F-T. 

You trade him now to maximize the return unless you are sure you'll get more for him at the draft. There is NO WAY you start next season with him as your Captain. 

I have no real sources, no way of knowing what happens in the room - but I am 100% certain Pacs walks after next season. Even if he were to stay, he is not worth the 8 million he is going to cost Montreal. (Taxes, gotta up the money to make it comparable)

Trade him for a GREAT prospect. A Thomas or a Borgstrom.. a true top 6 Center prospect. He NEEDS to go. 

People see what they want to see. Your biggest criticism of Pacioretty is that he’s not a grinder? Well neither is Drouin. You are going to have to readjust your negative lenses when you watch the team play because Pacioretty is 3rd in team hits, second on the forward unit behind only Nicolas Deslauriers and is also extremely responsible defensively for a winger. Those are attributes that are counterintuitive to the definition of a floater. 

Pacioretty is elite and judging him based on how he has played in recent games isn’t indicative of the player he is. Everyone looks disinterested, including our best players. My point is being proven here because while some are saying that they would like to see him moved due to a potentially strong return, others want him traded because “he is a terrible captain” and a “floater”, which are not accurate portrayals of him, and certainly not the reason he should be moved because under those circumstances, the returns are underwhelming for such a player.

30 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

People see what they want to see. Your biggest criticism of Pacioretty is that he’s not a grinder? Well neither is Drouin. You are going to have to readjust your negative lenses when you watch the team play because Pacioretty is 3rd in team hits, second on the forward unit behind only Nicolas Deslauriers and is also extremely responsible defensively for a winger. Those are attributes that are counterintuitive to the definition of a floater. 

Pacioretty is elite and judging him based on how he has played in recent games isn’t indicative of the player he is. Everyone looks disinterested, including our best players. My point is being proven here because while some are saying that they would like to see him moved due to a potentially strong return, others want him traded because “he is a terrible captain” and a “floater”, which are not accurate portrayals of him, and certainly not the reason he should be moved because under those circumstances, the returns are underwhelming for such a player.

Pacioretty is an elite player in the NHL , in fact I would say he is the same type of player as kessle . But Pacioretty has a reputation of not showing up in playoffs. Now you can say that not playing with a top center could be a big reason for that, but look at when he made team USA. He didn't do anything either and he was playing with the top USA players in the world.

He has 1 more year left on a contract that pays him 4.5mil with the fact that he doesn't have a no trade clause. To re-sign him it would cost 7-8mil plus a no trade clause Is he worth that kind of money? 

I would shop him and see what I can get.

7 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Pacioretty is an elite player in the NHL , in fact I would say he is the same type of player as kessle . But Pacioretty has a reputation of not showing up in playoffs. Now you can say that not playing with a top center could be a big reason for that, but look at when he made team USA. He didn't do anything either and he was playing with the top USA players in the world.

He has 1 more year left on a contract that pays him 4.5mil with the fact that he doesn't have a no trade claw. To re-sign him it would cost 7-8mil plus a no trade claws. Is he worth that kind of money? 

I would shop him and see what I can get.

Those no trade claws can really scratch a GM hard.   Better than the no trade teeth, which can come back to bite him though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Those no trade claws can really scratch a GM hard.   Better than the no trade teeth, which can come back to bite him though.

Good old auto correct, that's why you should always pre read before hitting send ?

42 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I have not read yet if Montreal is in McDonagh's no trade list.

But I would trade Pacioretty, Lehkonen and (throw in) Morrow for McDonagh & draft pick

Uggg no thanks. Pacioretty worth more than that and Rangers wont part with a 1st pick.

Paciorety is 19th best goal scorer in NHL, is McDonagh the 19th best d-man in NHL and 30 goal scorers are much harder to add and likely of more importance to winning than a d-man.

51 minutes ago, DON said:

Uggg no thanks. Pacioretty worth more than that and Rangers wont part with a 1st pick.

Paciorety is 19th best goal scorer in NHL, is McDonagh the 19th best d-man in NHL and 30 goal scorers are much harder to add and likely of more importance to winning than a d-man.

Ok, with the right package on either side to balance it out.

I think Drouin can move over Patches' spot and we will only have the 1C hole to fill

8 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Ok, with the right package on either side to balance it out.

I think Drouin can move over Patches' spot and we will only have the 1C hole to fill

Drouin is a play maker who usually plays right wing or center. Although I admit he is listed as LW many places. Pacioretty is a goal scorer who plays left wing. Just my opinion.

Galchenyuk is the only one who can replace Pacioretty in my mind, but it’s tough to replace someone who was already your teammate. 

41 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Drouin is a play maker who usually plays right wing or center. Although I admit he is listed as LW many places. Pacioretty is a goal scorer who plays left wing. Just my opinion.

Galchenyuk is the only one who can replace Pacioretty in my mind, but it’s tough to replace someone who was already your teammate. 

Drouin said in an interview he likes to come up the left side to enter the zone. He's a left wing 

If anything Galchenyuk should be on RW, Drouin LW, and a legit C down the middle 

19 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Minus a penalty shot and a breakaway, he's literally scored every goal from the left side of the ice this year. 

On the powerplay he does all of his damage on the left half wall. 

If true, that gives him 7 goals on the left side of the ice, as well as 2 goals anywhere else on the ice. Not exactly staggering numbers. He also scored a rebound goal against the Islanders right in the center of the ice so I’m not sure how accurate the stat is. Finally, it’s possible to enter the zone on the right wing and circle around the net and end up on the left side of the ice. That’s exactly what he did prior to heading to the net on that rebound goal against the Islanders.

In early January when Drouin was moved from center to wing, he was moved to right wing. The first thought that comes to mind is “well, we have Pacioretty on the left, so that makes sense”. The thing is that he was placed on a line with DeLaRose and Galchenyuk, not Pacioretty.

Galchenyuk-DeLaRose-Drouin

25 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

If true, that gives him 7 goals on the left side of the ice, as well as 2 goals anywhere else on the ice. Not exactly staggering numbers. He also scored a rebound goal against the Islanders right in the center of the ice so I’m not sure how accurate the stat is. Finally, it’s possible to enter the zone on the right wing and circle around the net and end up on the left side of the ice. That’s exactly what he did prior to heading to the net on that rebound goal against the Islanders.

In early January when Drouin was moved from center to wing, he was moved to right wing. The first thought that comes to mind is “well, we have Pacioretty on the left, so that makes sense”. The thing is that he was placed on a line with DeLaRose and Galchenyuk, not Pacioretty.

Galchenyuk-DeLaRose-Drouin

Look at where Drouin comes from on that islanders goal. He's on the left side the entire time. Once he sees the rebound he crashes the net. 

Also we know that Eugene Melnyk is Cheap as Hell right now... and the Habs have a ton of cap space.  What about getting creative with that cap space and Molson's money.

The Sens want to include Bobby Ryan's contract in the karlsson trade. What if it wasn't a Karlsson trade... what if we'll take Bobby Ryan, but we are raiding your farm system?

You don't even have to buy him out in year one, if you really wanted to role the dice, play him a year and see if he finds his old game... but you have the cash to buy him out immediately.

If eating one year of Brian Bickell, was worth Teuvo Teravainen, 

What is eating 4 years of Bobby Ryan worth?

Thomas Chabot and a Centre prospect (Brown or White)?  More?

hmmmmmm...

Just thinking out loud here, lots of reasons its implausible.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Would a Oliver Ekman Larsson for Pacioretty trade work out?would Arizona do that trade?

Arizona has said they're not trading Ekman-Larsson under any circumstance by the deadline so no, they wouldn't do that.  I'd also contend that value-wise, it wouldn't make sense for them.  Unless the Habs think they could re-sign Ekman-Larsson, I'd say it doesn't make sense for them either.  Swapping one 2018-19 UFA for another 2018-19 UFA doesn't really solve any long-term need for either side.

I don't know why Arizona does that. 

If they move OEL, and thats still an IF, its cause he is in the same position as Pacioretty, he is ufa after next season.  The only way they move him is if they think he wont sign.  I don't know why they want another guy who is UFA at the same time. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Also we know that Eugene Melnyk is Cheap as Hell right now... and the Habs have a ton of cap space.  What about getting creative with that cap space and Molson's money.

The Sens want to include Bobby Ryan's contract in the karlsson trade. What if it wasn't a Karlsson trade... what if we'll take Bobby Ryan, but we are raiding your farm system?

You don't even have to buy him out in year one, if you really wanted to role the dice, play him a year and see if he finds his old game... but you have the cash to buy him out immediately.

If eating one year of Brian Bickell, was worth Teuvo Teravainen, 

What is eating 4 years of Bobby Ryan worth?

Thomas Chabot and a Centre prospect (Brown or White)?  More?

hmmmmmm...

Just thinking out loud here, lots of reasons its implausible.

If Bergevin was committed to a rebuild, absolutely go for this. 

I just don't see him trading for cap dumps until John Tavares is signed to another team. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

I don't know why Arizona does that. 

If they move OEL, and thats still an IF, its cause he is in the same position as Pacioretty, he is ufa after next season.  The only way they move him is if they think he wont sign.  I don't know why they want another guy who is UFA at the same time. 

I’m just trying to understand. Couldn’t the same question be asked about why Montreal would do the deal? We would consider trading Pacioretty for Ekmann Larsson even though he’s an UFA in 2019 as well? Comparatively, It’s not like Ekman Larsson is miles ahead.

I’m personally not 100% certain Pacioretty won’t resign here. Though from only what I hear and read, I admit a lot would have to go right. Including the actual amount and term he seeks. 

I don’t see how we would be any more certain that Ekmann Larsson would sign here than Pacioretty.

We come to the same conclusion though. Deal won’t happen for either team.

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I’m just trying to understand. Couldn’t the same question be asked about why Montreal would do the deal? We would consider trading Pacioretty for Ekmann Larsson even though he’s an UFA in 2019 as well? Comparatively, It’s not like Ekman Larsson is miles ahead.

I’m personally not 100% certain Pacioretty won’t resign here. Though from only what I hear and read, I admit a lot would have to go right. Including the actual amount and term he seeks. 

I don’t see how we would be any more certain that Ekmann Larsson would sign here than Pacioretty.

The deal makes more sense for us on the grounds that a d-man is generally worth more to a team than a winger. It's not gonna happen, though, so the point is moot. But I make that trade every day of the week, especially considering the age difference and how desperately this team needs a top-tier puck-mover.

2 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Sure the same question is asked on the montreal side too. 

Only thing would be if Montreal thinks OEL would re-sign for some reason.

2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

If Bergevin was committed to a rebuild, absolutely go for this. 

I just don't see him trading for cap dumps until John Tavares is signed to another team. 

Oh for sure, this would be an after learning you are out on Tavares kind of move. 

If you run into a situation like this year where you have no UFA to spend your money on... why not?

I was looking at the roster and I would definitely trade Plekanec, Hemsky, delaRose, Petry and Lehkonen and commit to tanking the rest of the way; for example by playing Hudon at center the rest of the way. The return should be decent to help us retool.

That should get us a young NHL centre, a D prospect and a few extra draft picks to rebuild the pipeline.