Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I still don't see them moving an option they know worked, for something that might work, and also needs to be re-signed.

They also might add Zadina, but give up a chance to replace Klefbom with someone one an ELC. 

I don't see that as the move the Oilers would be interested in.... RNH seems to be close to untouchable based on everything the insiders are saying about the oilers right now. 

New article on the homepage says the 10th is in play from Edmonton.

What could we offer to receive both the 10th and Klefbom?

What would Pacioretty and our 2nd do?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meller93 said:

New article on the homepage says the 10th is in play from Edmonton.

What could we offer to receive both the 10th and Klefbom?

What would Pacioretty and our 2nd do?

I was thinking of sending one of our LDs with Patches to get Kelfbom their 10th and maybe their 3rd line center who has a higher upside than ours (R.Strome > DLR)

If the LD is Alzner, the CH could retain salary

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

Patches 3rd overall and klefbom for 1st overall? Hahaha. 

You are hard to please. Edmonton will need to give up someone, and Patches is on a cheap contract. Getting cap relief, two 28 year old veterans with 2-3 years of solid performance left at a lower cap hit would be a good option to them instead of Lucic/Khaira/Gaggiula/Slepishev or Skera/Russel.

The price to pay is their thri line center that they can replace and their 2nd best LD.

I know I've been laughed at already for some of my suggestions. But here I go again :rolleyes:. Trying to get it right. 

Despite not wanting to trade Patches, I understand that the CH needs to manage that asset for the good of the club; as we did with Pleks. In return I have looked for a LD and a Center that have a potential to be 2C for the CH. I've looked at  teams that may benefit from a cheap 30g LW and a slowish established bottom 4 LD (with the CH retaining part of the cap). So, here are four potential trades involving Pacioretty and Alzner:

1) Edmonton: 2018 10th overall, Klefbom(LD) and R.Strome(C)

2) Dallas: 2018 13 overall, Heatherington(LD), Shore(C)

3) Anaheim: 2018 23 overall, Larsson (LD), Nattinen (C)

4) Los Angeles: 2018 20 overall, Clague (LD), Anders-Dolan (C)

With the draft pick the CH could get the best D available. It does not solve out 1C problem, but it should get us closer to fixing the CH LD problems.

13 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I know I've been laughed at already for some of my suggestions. But here I go again :rolleyes:. Trying to get it right. 

Despite not wanting to trade Patches, I understand that the CH needs to manage that asset for the good of the club; as we did with Pleks. In return I have looked for a LD and a Center that have a potential to be 2C for the CH. I've looked at  teams that may benefit from a cheap 30g LW and a slowish established bottom 4 LD (with the CH retaining part of the cap). So, here are four potential trades involving Pacioretty and Alzner:

1) Edmonton: 2018 10th overall, Klefbom(LD) and R.Strome(C)

2) Dallas: 2018 13 overall, Heatherington(LD), Shore(C)

3) Anaheim: 2018 23 overall, Larsson (LD), Nattinen (C)

4) Los Angeles: 2018 20 overall, Clague (LD), Anders-Dolan (C)

With the draft pick the CH could get the best D available. It does not solve out 1C problem, but it should get us closer to fixing the CH LD problems.

Highly highly doubt EDM would go anywhere near Alzner, because they’re trying to dump cap. Alzner is stupid expensive for what he brings.

It would ruin the purpose of trading Klefbom for them.

3 hours ago, Meller93 said:

Highly highly doubt EDM would go anywhere near Alzner, because they’re trying to dump cap. Alzner is stupid expensive for what he brings.

It would ruin the purpose of trading Klefbom for them.

I am suggesting to retain cap for Alzner so that we can move him for a prospect that could become a better fit with the CH down the road. I still think that Patches for Strome is doable since they could move RNH back to center without loosing too much punch.

But you are right that it may be too much to ask for Klefbom . What about asking for Caleb Jones (or William Lagesson) instead? That would be: Jones (LD) R. Strome (C) and their 10th overall. We could send another defense than Alzner but they seem to have a deeper D-depth than the CH.

Any thoughts on what it would take to get C. Coyle out of Minny? Would trading 2x2nd round and a prospect in Laval do it? 

(edit) rumor on http://www.spectorshockey.net/2018/05/latest-hurricanes-and-wild-speculation-may-23-2018/ about how he may be avail

1 hour ago, DON said:

Coyle would seem a nice fit on Habs, he just hasn't been a great offensive guy, but could of a solid #2 centre.

These are the type or moves that Bergevin needs to make.

If he could pull off a move for Coyle and bring in a UFA like Bozak, the centre position looks a little brighter  

14 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

These are the type or moves that Bergevin needs to make.

If he could pull off a move for Coyle and bring in a UFA like Bozak, the centre position looks a little brighter  

Meh

Coyle - Bozak - Danault

is better, yes.

But, its still not close to good enough, and still doesn't solve the number 1 issue. 

Yes, I'd take one of Coyle/Bozak, but you also need the guy with at least potential to be a number 1, or you're spinning your wheels IMO.

27 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Meh

Coyle - Bozak - Danault

is better, yes.

But, its still not close to good enough, and still doesn't solve the number 1 issue. 

Yes, I'd take one of Coyle/Bozak, but you also need the guy with at least potential to be a number 1, or you're spinning your wheels IMO.

But to add an established #1 centre might just be too expensive. Wouldn't it be more realistic to get a solid #2 centre and try and pry a top notch #1 centre prospect from Blues or some other team. 

Great. Another player who has been shuffled back and forth between center and wing throughout his career. Wild fans were having discussions in 2014 about whether or not Coyle is better suited as a center or wing, and they are still having discussions in 2018 about the same topic.

Of course, fans disagree but there seems to be a general consensus that Coyle is strong along the boards and that he has a higher ceiling as a winger than center. A small minority feel the opposite. 

Considering Coyle finished the season as a top line right winger and Matt Cullen was their third line center, I may have to agree that he’s not clearly a better center than winger. 

I think people are being too too generous and that Coyle is really a 3C at best (or a top 6 wing), who could be more than capable of filling in for a top 6 center who is injured. 

8 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Great. Another player who has been shuffled back and forth between center and wing throughout his career. Wild fans were having discussions in 2014 about whether or not Coyle is better suited as a center or wing, and they are still having discussions in 2018 about the same topic.

Of course, fans disagree but there seems to be a general consensus that Coyle is strong along the boards and that he has a higher ceiling as a winger than center. A small minority feel the opposite. 

Considering Coyle finished the season as a top line right winger and Matt Cullen was their third line center, I may have to agree that he’s not clearly a better center than winger. 

I think people are being too too generous and that Coyle is really a 3C at best (or a top 6 wing), who could be more than capable of filling in for a top 6 center who is injured. 

Koivu and Staal take most of faceoffs and that wouldn't be the case in Montreal.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?report=faceoffs&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20172018&seasonTo=20172018&gameType=2&position=C&playerPlayedFor=team.30&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=faceoffsWon

57 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Meh

Coyle - Bozak - Danault

is better, yes.

I don't really like it either, I just think Bergevin needs to get real before it's too late. 

The Tavares dream is just that. 

34 minutes ago, DON said:

But to add an established #1 centre might just be too expensive. Wouldn't it be more realistic to get a solid #2 centre and try and pry a top notch #1 centre prospect from Blues or some other team. 

Sure, I'm fine if that is the plan. 

The number 1 centre spot may not get filled this season, but we at bare minimum need to see steps towards getting that number 1 centre.  Even if that means having a high potential prospect we hope can develop into that role. 

I just wouldn't be satisfied if we get Bozak and Coyle and say we are done. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

I don't really like it either, I just think Bergevin needs to get real before it's too late. 

Getting real is stepping down before another bad season and going to Florida to be Tallon's successor. Whoever replaces him can begin the rebuild.

Bergevin will once again straddle the line hoping for another Weber hot streak or Price to carry the team again, and once it's clear it won't work, he will finally start trading players.

7 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

I agree the Tavares dream is unrealistic. 

I just think that if we are going to make trades (and give up assets) we need to make sure that we get someone with at least the "potential" to be a number 1 for us. I'm better with living through another season of Drouin at centre, if it means we are at least trying to get a prospect with that potential in the system. 

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

I wouldn't be trading Pacioretty for Coyle... I'm thinking more just picks 

For a potential #1 C, I think Pacioretty to st. Louis makes a ton of sense. I doubt they want to move Kyrou, but Thomas seems like a good candidate 

St Louis is in need of centremen, and the word is that Thomas will have every opportunity to make the team out of camp. 

That may change if the Blues get someone they want in free agency, but Thomas doesn't appear to be currently on the market. 

12 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

St Louis is in need of centremen, and the word is that Thomas will have every opportunity to make the team out of camp. 

That may change if the Blues get someone they want in free agency, but Thomas doesn't appear to be currently on the market. 

Yeah Kyrou seems to be the one they are shopping (cause he's a winger). 

I think Winnipeg (Roslovic), LA (Vilardi), Florida (Borgstrom), Anaheim (Steel), Philadelphia (Frost) seem to be better targets. Maybe a top 10 pick (Oilers, Hawks, Rangers), 

I would trade Pacioretty after July 1st. What you don't get through the draft or on July 1st, Pacioretty could bring you in a trade. Unless at the draft you get an offer you can't say no too. But I dont hold on to him tell the trade deadline. You don't want the Pacioretty drama hovering over this team all season especially if he gets off to a cold start again.