Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

19 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The danger is that you end up like Mike Gillis when he insisted on only trading Luongo for 'fair value' and was left standing there with his weiner hanging out. However, you're basically right. Panic doesn't help. Worst case scenario he's dealt at the deadline and hopefully some desperate would-be contender shills out.

There is also the Sakic and Duchene thing, Patience for the right moment to strike more often than not yields positive results, of course nothing is ever 100% but the odds are in your favor.

6 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

Montreal can't afford to sign Tavares this season, then resign Pacioretty next season. 

If this team was in a position where they were in contention for the Stanley cup, then I guess maybe you risk keeping Pacioretty and let him play out his contract, but the Habs are not there.

I think it depends on what else the Habs can move out.  Assuming Pacioretty is getting $7 -8 mil per season on an extension and assuming that we can already sign Tavares with our current cap space, Pacioretty would only be getting 2.5 to 3.5 mil raise over his current cap hit.  If you get rid of Andrew Shaw and his $3.9 mil cap hit for a pick or prospect your problem is solved.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, John B said:

I think it depends on what else the Habs can move out.  Assuming Pacioretty is getting $7 -8 mil per season on an extension and assuming that we can already sign Tavares with our current cap space, Pacioretty would only be getting 2.5 to 3.5 mil raise over his current cap hit.  If you get rid of Andrew Shaw and his $3.9 mil cap hit for a pick or prospect your problem is solved.  

Rfa's need to be resigned... Danault will be making 3.5 per.

As for Shaw, does anyone want him? Especially after all these concussion and now a knee surgery. I can almost guarantee that some salary is being retained, if he does get dealt . 

Pacioretty will be making 8-8.5 million, Price 10.5, Weber 7.8, Tavares 13. That's  40% of your cap for the next 7 years...  All of those guys are over 30, except Tavares... 

This team has one of the worst d-cores in the nhl and one of thinnest prospect pools in the entire league. How can they possibly win with that kind of money tied up those players. 

The biggest value guy may be Gallagher, whose value wont ever get much higher than is right now.  He might be more expendable and valued to most other GMs than a Pacioretty with just 1 year left coming off bad year?

41 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Rfa's need to be resigned... Danault will be making 3.5 per.

As for Shaw, does anyone want him? Especially after all these concussion and now a knee surgery. I can almost guarantee that some salary is being retained, if he does get dealt . 

Pacioretty will be making 8-8.5 million, Price 10.5, Weber 7.8, Tavares 13. That's  40% of your cap for the next 7 years...  All of those guys are over 30, except Tavares... 

This team has one of the worst d-cores in the nhl and one of thinnest prospect pools in the entire league. How can they possibly win with that kind of money tied up those players. 

Thats why if they sign tavares you the trade Pacioretty to fill the #1LD hole we have.

34 minutes ago, DON said:

The biggest value guy may be Gallagher, whose value wont ever get much higher than is right now.  He might be more expendable and valued to most other GMs than a Pacioretty with just 1 year left coming off bad year?

Gallagher next to Price is the heart and soul of this team.  You don't trade those 2 guys unless you're going to do a full rebuild.

41 minutes ago, DON said:

SimilarAliveDartfrog-size_restricted.gif

One does not have, one 30 goal season and suddenly become as valuable as one who has multiple 35 goal seasons.

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

Gallagher next to Price is the heart and soul of this team.  You don't trade those 2 guys unless you're going to do a full rebuild.

Mid-Late 2016-17 in his 10g season, many were ready to off-load Gallagher...when his value was the lowest it could be (heart and soul didn't matter then). Baby or full rebuild I don't care what you call it, as far as a trading chip Gallagher is near the top of what Habs have to offer (as Weber/Price are for sure going no where anytime soon).

Habs have lots of wingers so to lose him by adding a good centre or LH d-man, as painful as would be to every HabFan, it might make sense.

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Gallagher is a terrific player. But untouchable? No way. 

I would move him.  He is probably one of the best trade assets we have and has all the qualities most teams would covet - drives to the net, speed, goal scoring, drives to the net, agitator, good cap hit, drives to the net.

i like him, but one of our few depth areas we have and along with galchenyuk probably has the most value and I’d trade Gallagher before galchenyuk without blinking.   But that’s assuming a miracle happens and we get Tavares and are going all in and need to upgrade the D.  But with Lou going to the island, I think our 3% longshot to get Tavares goes down to 0.01%.  I just don’t get why he would come to Montreal given the mess we are, playing for a stifling coach and a management team that has pretty much been ridiculed league wide.  Oh and we are really short on skill and talent.

This is my question more than a proposal: how much potential does Chychrun have? And is he injury prone ?

I would love if if the CH traded its 3rd overall draft pick and Alzner to Arizona for their 5th overall and Chychrun

I would not retain salary, because we will probably need the cap space, but I would add one of the 2nd round draft picks if needed

7 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

This is my question more than a proposal: how much potential does Chychrun have? And is he injury prone ?

I would love if if the CH traded its 3rd overall draft pick and Alzner to Arizona for their 5th overall and Chychrun

I would not retain salary, because we will probably need the cap space, but I would add one of the 2nd round draft picks if needed

Arizona isn't giving up Chychrun to move up 2 spots and take on an albatross contract..... even if you add a second rounder. 

Youre talking about a 20 year old defenceman who is already in their top 4. Already playing over 20 minutes a game.

6 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Arizona isn't giving up Chychrun to move up 2 spots and take on an albatross contract..... even if you add a second rounder. 

Youre talking about a 20 year old defenceman who is already in their top 4. Already playing over 20 minutes a game.

They may want to trade up for a chance at Tkachuk if they believe he would be gone at the 5th spot. Or they may want Zadina who is the better of the 3-9 (couldn't find what you wrote?) draft picks this year.

Alzner is a top 4 :rolleyes: isn't he :)

8 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I would move him.  He is probably one of the best trade assets we have and has all the qualities most teams would covet - drives to the net, speed, goal scoring, drives to the net, agitator, good cap hit, drives to the net.

i like him, but one of our few depth areas we have and along with galchenyuk probably has the most value and I’d trade Gallagher before galchenyuk without blinking.   But that’s assuming a miracle happens and we get Tavares and are going all in and need to upgrade the D.  But with Lou going to the island, I think our 3% longshot to get Tavares goes down to 0.01%.  I just don’t get why he would come to Montreal given the mess we are, playing for a stifling coach and a management team that has pretty much been ridiculed league wide.  Oh and we are really short on skill and talent.

Trade the heart and soul of the Habs who has all of those great attributes that you stated and is also the only right hand shot in the top 6? 

No thanks

Short of free agent saviours, trading one of our best W is the only way to help this team fill the Death Star-sized holes in the roster at C and D. The most logical choice is Pacioretty. After that, it's either Galy or Gallagher. (You could even add the #3 pick to that list, but I'd prefer not to). Those are the three that could command a significant return. I think we should be prepared to move whichever one of the three yields the most effective, bona-fide solutions to the roster holes. But Patches should absolutely be the preferred one to ship out, given his age and impending cap hit. The fact is, these are all fine players, but not one of the three is an untouchable to my mind. It's all about the return.

• Like 1

A 26 year old 30 goal scorer who is signed for 3 more seasons at 3.75 million would certainly fetch a decent return. But you don't trade a player like that unless the value coming back is far far far more substantial, and who would do that? I'd rather trade any forward on the team before Gallagher. He is the type of player we need now and in the future. Trade one of the 87 left wingers on this team before trading the only good right winger we have. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, illWill said:

Trade the heart and soul of the Habs who has all of those great attributes that you stated and is also the only right hand shot in the top 6? 

No thanks

If Gally can be part of a package to get a true #1 centre or top pairing Dman, I’d make the move without the slightest hesitation.  We aren’t going anywhere without a true #1 rushing dman or top centre.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

If Gally can be part of a package to get a true #1 centre or top pairing Dman, I’d make the move without the slightest hesitation.  We aren’t going anywhere without a true #1 rushing dman or top centre.

What's the package? Who's the center or dman? What team would trade a #1 center or dman for a package with Gallagher as the centerpiece? 

I can't foresee a scenario where this happens

4 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

They may want to trade up for a chance at Tkachuk if they believe he would be gone at the 5th spot. Or they may want Zadina who is the better of the 3-9 (couldn't find what you wrote?) draft picks this year.

Alzner is a top 4 :rolleyes: isn't he :)

Arizona, an organization GM'd by a guy who is all analytics, all the time, is not drafting Tkachuk. 

9 hours ago, Commandant said:

Arizona, an organization GM'd by a guy who is all analytics, all the time, is not drafting Tkachuk. 

I didn't know that about their GM.

No wonder they have sucked for so long

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I didn't know that about their GM.

No wonder they have sucked for so long

He hasn't been their GM for that long... but he's the GM now, and the moves he's been making like Keller and Chychrun look brilliant.

That team is going to break through this year... they are coming around.... their last 40 games were amongst the best in the NHL... their first 40 last season were what did them in. 

The youth there is starting to get it, and Raanta is a really good goalie. 

7 hours ago, Commandant said:

He hasn't been their GM for that long... but he's the GM now, and the moves he's been making like Keller and Chychrun look brilliant.

That team is going to break through this year... they are coming around.... their last 40 games were amongst the best in the NHL... their first 40 last season were what did them in. 

3rd worst team this year (as all expected they would finish), so doubt will go from perennial horrible team to respectable overnight, seems unlikely (similar to Dallas who some keep saying would break out and be good and that Nill was a brainiac).

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

Last 20 you mean. They were Top 10 in their last 20 games (11-7-2) but final 40 they were 18th (19-14-7). Raanta was very good for them but they need goal scorers bad. Not something we're unfamiliar with.

Mike McLeod NJ is one centre prospect, Which others might Devils have that they may offer for Pacioretty and look to be good fit in Habland?