Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

McLeod will never be a #1 C in the NHL IMO.

I also have no interest in Pavel Zacha. 

To be honest, outside of Hischier (and no, they aren't giving up Hischier), I don't like the Devils centre prospects.  They've drafted a few high, but I never liked Zacha or McLeod. 

I'd ask for McLeod plus their 2019 first rounder.  I think they could be a non-playoff team again as that division is tough, and I'd get an extra lottery tiicket for Jack Hughes. 

Taylor Hall was incredible this season.  If he takes a small step back, or misses time with an injury, or if Carolina or the Rangers improve, or Lou keeps Tavares and adds a goalie... lots of scenarios where the Devils are in trouble next year. 

Devils were middle road with Top 10 special teams. They will be in the mix again but I agree, no playoff spot guarantee. I'm less thinking Carolina/New York/Belmont and more the fact that if Florida started their turnaround a week earlier, one of the Devils/Flyers/Jackets could have been bumped out.

2 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

The point spread between hall and the next best player on the team was massive. Almost an arguement for hart trophy. I think a step back is a good prediction.

The fight between him and MacKinnon is a great one. Both are deserving. I could see one winning the Hart and the other winning the Ted Lindsay.

2 hours ago, Metallica said:

They had them 2 years ago 

Key words being this year, since Hopkins and McDavid were dynamite, and Hall was ridiculous, the 3 elements combined this year would have been a treat

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

McLeod will never be a #1 C in the NHL IMO.

I also have no interest in Pavel Zacha. 

To be honest, outside of Hischier (and no, they aren't giving up Hischier), I don't like the Devils centre prospects.  They've drafted a few high, but I never liked Zacha or McLeod. 

I'd ask for McLeod plus their 2019 first rounder.  I think they could be a non-playoff team again as that division is tough, and I'd get an extra lottery tiicket for Jack Hughes. 

Taylor Hall was incredible this season.  If he takes a small step back, or misses time with an injury, or if Carolina or the Rangers improve, or Lou keeps Tavares and adds a goalie... lots of scenarios where the Devils are in trouble next year. 

I can’t see them giving up a first and not lottery protecting the pick. Not after all the heat the flames are taking this year on the hamonic trade.

15 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I can’t see them giving up a first and not lottery protecting the pick. Not after all the heat the flames are taking this year on the hamonic trade.

If they don't want to give that up, I don't have any real interest in their prospects and current pick.... 

I just don't think McLeod is that good of a prospect

I’d like to try and pry Hertl out of San Jose. 

With Kane on the books they won’t have a whole lot of room to sign him, and I think Hertl is going to be a 50-60 point guy for about 6 years. He’s come a long way, and is a big body capable of centering our second line.

Could be hard to land him though, and I guess they wouldn’t need pacioretty now with E Kane

The Sharks have a ton of cap room.

A ton... 

Went over this earlier when someone said they couldn't sign Tavares after signing kane.  Go check cap friendly.. 21 players locked up at 67 million for next year. 

11 hours ago, Commandant said:

The Sharks have a ton of cap room.

A ton... 

Went over this earlier when someone said they couldn't sign Tavares after signing kane.  Go check cap friendly.. 21 players locked up at 67 million for next year. 

That cap space will be for 1919/1920.  They got a lot of contracts ending next year. They got about 7.5mil in space left for this year and that's if they don't sign Joe. 

Tavares is in the 10mil+ per year, so that puts them out of Tavares unless its a sign in trade like you see in the NBA.

They will have more than 7.5 million.

They have 7.5 if the cap doesnt move from 75.

We allready know the cap is going up.. we just dont know if its 78 or 82.

They also.have paul martin off the books in 2019 which is an albatross contract gone.

The sharks cap is more.than fine.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Edmonton is not giving up nuge or nurse.

We’re also not trading the 3rd overall and Pacioretty in the same trade.

I agree though. Edmonton wouldn’t do the trade, and it’s too much to give up from Montreal, in general.

7 hours ago, JGC21 said:

To Philly:

- Carey Price, G

To Montreal:

- Nolan Patrick, C

- Wayne Simmonds, LW

Anti Niemi is tha man in Mtl!

2 hours ago, Link67 said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, JGC21 said:

To Philly:

- Carey Price, G

To Montreal:

- Nolan Patrick, C

- Wayne Simmonds, LW

Anti Niemi is tha man in Mtl!

I hope you were drunk or high when you made this trade.

Oh and on other note in my ea NHL in 2018/2019 at the draft I traded Price for the 1st overall pick  which was Stillman he is now my franchise center. Then 2 years later I draft a goaltender named Ruutu who is now my elite goaltender.

Just saying.....just in case Bergevin reads these and needs some ideas???

Montreal: Pacioretty + 3rd OA

Carolina: Hanafin + 2nd OA  

Maybe a few tweaks to get the values right, but centers around this.

Montreal lands the best prospect, while acquiring a great Young d man to play with Weber. 

Carolina still lands a very talented prospect who can play with countryman Necas. Acquire a proven sniper at a good cap hit, immediately bolstering scoring depth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Meller93 said:

Montreal lands the best prospect, while acquiring a great Young d man to play with Weber. 

Carolina still lands a very talented prospect who can play with countryman Necas. Acquire a proven sniper at a good cap hit, immediately bolstering scoring depth.

I would do this in a second,  but Carolina does not get a replacement for hanefin.  

2 hours ago, Meller93 said:

I’d love to see this happen, but why would Carolina who is reportedly looking to shed salary take on a UFA, when they are also reportedly looking to dump Skinner?

On 5/29/2018 at 1:08 PM, hab29RETIRED said:

I’d love to see this happen, but why would Carolina who is reportedly looking to shed salary take on a UFA, when they are also reportedly looking to dump Skinner?

to trade him a la Vanek and keep the rebuild going. Might be a strategy?