Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Trade #3 for #10 and Puljujarvi?

Oilers get their pick of the top D (Dobson? Hughes?) and Montreal gets a winger and the 10 to draft Kotkaniemi.

12 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Lucic for Alzner. Straight up.

Who says no?

This one crossed my mind yesterday. Not sure it helps the habs though. Lucic is not really a top 6 anymore.

28 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Who says no?

Maybe if Oilers eat up some salary so the caphit evens out. 

I think Lucic is a bit more useful than Alzner though so maybe the oils wont do that.

48 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Who says no?

I don't liked that gorilla. We already have Reichel and McCarron at a cheaper cap hit

4 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Who says no?

Edmonton has to pay Lucic 3.5 million in bonuses after July.1. So his cap will be only 4.5 per moving forward. I'm pretty sure anyways. 

Edmonton would probably risk getting another shit year out of Lucic, before taking Alzner. 

As much as people diss like Alzner, in his defense he was being over played do to team injures on our blue line. I look at Alzner and see a 4/5 pairing guy that should be playing no more then 10-12mins  a game for him to be effective. Yes Bergevin did over pay for him, I would of rather had that money given to Markov instead. But every team has a player they have over paid so its not like we're the only ones.

As fare as trading him goes we would probably have to eat the max you can on his contract and trade him to a contender that would use him right. If you're going to take back another bad contract I would rather just keep Alzner and just don't over play him.

19 minutes ago, Commandant said:

the cap hit doesnt change

Not saying it changes, just saying I would rather just deepen my defense and make sure Alzner doesn't get over played or over used, rather than taking on someone else's bad contract just to get rid of our bad contract.

14 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I'd make the deal. Both players are lumbering dinosaurs, but at least Lucic has the *potential* to do some damage now and then.

You would get more out of Alzner playing the right role and mins then you would out of lucic 

21 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Not saying it changes, just saying I would rather just deepen my defense and make sure Alzner doesn't get over played or over used, rather than taking on someone else's bad contract just to get rid of our bad contract.

That message was to Habopotomus, not you

13 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I'd make the deal. Both players are lumbering dinosaurs, but at least Lucic has the *potential* to do some damage now and then.

It reminds me of when the Canucks were originally going to trade Todd Bertuzzi to Montreal for Jose Theodore but they couldn't come to an agreement so he went to Florida for Luongo a year later.

What would it take for you guys to take on Lucic’s contract? I’ll say easily I don’t want to acquire Lucic, but there have been a few articles about the issue.

If the 10th overall pick was coming back with Lucic, I could do as long as the cost was low for us. If we didn’t have to give up more than a second round pick a prospect and a lesser roster player, we could potentially turn this franchise around with Kotkaniemi and Zadina. We could still Trade Pacioretty for another need, and utilize Lucic as a 2nd or 3rd line winger. As much as I think his game has declined, I think he could add something to the team. He isn’t worth near 6 mill, but it’s the cheap 10th pick that could be a game changer.

left wing could move forward with Galchenyuk, Byron, Lehkonen, Lucic. The other 3 players are quick enough I think to balance Lucic’s slower more physical game. 

To reiterate, I don’t like Lucic at 6 mill at all. But if we can acquire a future number 2 or up to number 1 center man for cheap, we should pull the trigger.