dlbalr

1 hour ago, JGC21 said:

To Edmonton:

- Alzner, LD

- Shaw, RW

To Montreal:

- Lucic, LW

Hmmm....

I would do it only to give Gallagher his buddy to play with.

That would add almost $3M in cap to Edmonton, which in that case they would just keep Lucic. Remove one of them, maybe get a pick out of Edmonton for taking the bigger cap. Unless Bergevin pulls a, "If you are getting Milan Lucic, you don't ask for more."

I got a question...... Why do we want Lucic?? His speed is gone and his power game is useless in today's NHL. Stop living in the past with this guy. Just be glad we didn't get stuck with that contract and he picked edmonton over us.

It always makes me laugh that people are willing to take a over paid guy to get rid of a over paid guy. You do know they have buy outs now. If we really want to get rid of these guys buy them out take the hit and move on.

4 minutes ago, Metallica said:

I got a question...... Why do we want Lucic?? His speed is gone and his power game is useless in today's NHL. Stop living in the past with this guy. Just be glad we didn't get stuck with that contract and he picked edmonton over us.

It always makes me laugh that people are willing to take a over paid guy to get rid of a over paid guy. You do know they have buy outs now. If we really want to get rid of these guys buy them out take the hit and move on.

It’s not about Lucic, it’s about the potential to acquire the 10th overall through him

3 hours ago, Meller93 said:

It’s not about Lucic, it’s about the potential to acquire the 10th overall through him

If you think you're going to get a 10th over all pick and lucic without giving up a top 6 player your crazy.

2 hours ago, Metallica said:

If you think you're going to get a 10th over all pick and lucic without giving up a top 6 player your crazy.

Not if Peter Chiarelli is crazy

5 hours ago, Meller93 said:

ok, in that case, how about:

Pacioretty & Lernout for Edmonton's 2018 10th overall & Lucic & Caleb Jones

Lernout's future seems to be elsewhere than Montreal, and getting Jones would be a good swap for the CH.

4 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Pacioretty and 2 2nd rounders for nuge, # 10 and lucic minus 2.5 mill per year.

If we consider Pacioretty-Nuge a wash (probably isn’t because of Nuges ages and center ability), two 2nds most likely won’t cut it. I think we’d have to send back a guy like Lehkonen Hudon or Byron, who are cheap, but replace that extra roster player, and still very useful.

Pacioretty, Byron, + 2 seconds for

Nugent-Hopkins, Lucic + 10th.

Chiarelli would have to want cap space a LOT to make that move.

I've been banging the drum on a package centering on Patches-for-Nuge for a while. But if EDM likes Nuge as McDavid's winger, then the trade makes little sense for them, and I doubt their desire to move Lucic is strong enough to alter that equation. But I like pretty much any MaxPac-Nuge proposal in theory.

How about Pacioretty, Byron and two seconds 

for 10th, Lucic and Strome? 

I do not know how well Strome is progressing, but some articles on the web seem to indicate that he isn trending up as a 3C/2C

Drouin, Strome, Dabault, DLR, Poehling, Evans and the best center available at 10th could be an OK plan B if Tavares doesn't sign here 

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

How about Pacioretty, Byron and two seconds 

for 10th, Lucic and Strome? 

I do not know how well Strome is progressing, but some articles on the web seem to indicate that he isn trending up as a 3C/2C

Drouin, Strome, Dabault, DLR, Poehling, Evans and the best center available at 10th could be an OK plan B if Tavares doesn't sign here 

One thing to be cautious about is Strome is another one of those sometimes winger, sometimes Center types. He’d be like adding a third Galchenyuk/Drouin. We need a bonafide Center. I know Nuge has moved to wing as well, but not because he isn’t a capable 2 way center, but because of chemistry with mcJesus

12 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Word is that Lucic wants to leave Canada because he's tired of the pressure so we can thankfully cross him off the trade rumours.

:youpi:youppi! :clap:

13 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Word is that Lucic wants to leave Canada because he's tired of the pressure so we can thankfully cross him off the trade rumours.

I would have taken him if the Oilers were also including the 10th pick. 

3 hours ago, DON said:

Dougie Hamilton for Pacioretty ( if Hamilton as right shot, can play Left side?)

He's listed as a RD. I know how tempting it is, but I don't think we should be making more these Drouin-style "square peg/round hole" deals. Unless there is solid proof that he's just as good at LD (doubtful) and that he's 100% happy playing the left side, we shouldn't make the trade. Otherwise, I would.

25 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I would have taken him if the Oilers were also including the 10th pick. 

I mean, yeah, of course.

But I wouldn't be surprised if someone takes Lucic and it's not a Bickell style pure dump deal.

Blues feel like a team who would take him.

LeBrun on Lucic:

“I will say this: There’s a lot of people connecting the dots to the Montreal Canadiens because they were runners-up in trying to sign Milan Lucic two years ago. I’m told no way, the Montreal Canadiens not interested at this point in Milan Lucic.”

https://frshockey.com/nhl/oilers/lebrun-oilers-absolutely-in-trade-talks-on-lucic/

22 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Habs don't want him, Lucic doesn't want to play in Canada, perfect not match.

Don't forget EK put it up on his site. Which means it isn't going to happen. 

At this point any trade that MB makes has to be for a C or LD.  Anything else is stupid.  Enough already, it’s time we filled the holes on this team properly.