Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

What are the odds we can land Karlsson?

Sens might be trading both Hoffman and Karlsson how about a 3 way deal 

Edmonton gets Hoffman 

Sens get Pacioretty 

Habs get Karlsson 

That could be the frame work but other pieces would need to be added. What would make this work?

9 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Edmonton gets Hoffman 

Sens get Pacioretty 

Habs get Karlsson 

That could be the frame work but other pieces would need to be added. What would make this work?

Ottawa wants a 2019 1st Round pick plus a high end prospect or current top six player... for Hoffman.

So consider that into your three way deal. That and Karlsson being like three times the value of Pacioretty.

6 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Edmonton gets Hoffman 

Sens get Pacioretty 

Habs get Karlsson 

Nearly no chance, It already doesn't work before you can even put a package together. He is a RHD, we need a top LHD, We are Division Rivals, trading assets of great value between Division Rivals happens so rarely anymore.

He is going to get stuffed out west somewhere far away for the best package they can get, we are not even in the portrait IMO.

3 minutes ago, Link67 said:

Nearly no chance, It already doesn't work before you can even put a package together. He is a RHD, we need a top LHD, We are Division Rivals, trading assets of great value between Division Rivals happens so rarely anymore.

He is going to get stuffed out west somewhere far away for the best package they can get, we are not even in the portrait IMO.

Karlsson for Weber if we were contenders.

39 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Karlsson for Weber if we were contenders.

If we could sign him, I’d do that deal despite us not even being close to being a contender.  Move out price and maxpac and get that elusive centre and you have a rebuild on the fly.

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎13 at 1:03 PM, Habopotamus said:

I don't know if the rumours are true, but apparently he was hated by his teammates in Boston. 

Ahh, he was a kid then and not all teammates are buddies, so that I wouldn't worry about too much, more that he is RH d-man sucks, or not, as I haven't watched him play the last year, maybe not worth cost to get him anyways?

Just he has some offense, is young and a 6'6" wingspan in own end doesn't hurt. 

2 hours ago, Metallica said:

Don't forget EK put it up on his site. Which means it isn't going to happen. 

But he tosses so much crap against the wall, he is bound to be correct one in a 1,000 rumours; but fingers crossed it doesn't happen.

19 minutes ago, DON said:

But he tosses so much crap against the wall, he is bound to be correct one in a 1,000 rumours; but fingers crossed it doesn't happen.

The only one I seen him call right last min was when he was on sportsnet one year. He was in a room by himself and the lights off, well the other guys were on the round table making fun of him lol, but He called the Smith trade to NYI.

11 hours ago, Metallica said:

The only one I seen him call right last min was when he was on sportsnet one year. He was in a room by himself and the lights off, well the other guys were on the round table making fun of him lol, but He called the Smith trade to NYI.

Over the years I've figured out he had a couple real sources at one point, one of which was either a close friend of Daniel Briere's or Daniel Briere. He had so many rumours on Philly when he was there, then his Habs rumours sparked in 2014, and anytime he wrote about him he was glowing. 

I don't know these days, I don't follow so close, but his original sources were certainly Philly based. The rest were BS. It was always about playing the odds. That's why Incarcerated Bob is so popular. Guy is garbage in several sports but he gets a few so people swear by him. "This one might be it!"

Here is a trade I would do (since the seems unlikely we get Tavares):

I would package 
Galcheynuk & DeLarose & either [Valiev or 62nd overall]  for either :

a) Ryan O’Reilly
b) TJ Brody & Jankowski

Buffalo would get a scoring winger coming into his best years and a 3rd line center to backfill a need

Calgary would get a scoring winger, a 2nd round pick and a LD to backfill.  Brody would fit in well with Weber or Petry (if we sign an UFA like De Haan) and Jankowski seems to have more point production potential than DLR

12 hours ago, DON said:

Ahh, he was a kid then and not all teammates are buddies, so that I wouldn't worry about too much, more that he is RH d-man sucks, or not, as I haven't watched him play the last year, maybe not worth cost to get him anyways?

Just he has some offense, is young and a 6'6" wingspan in own end doesn't hurt. 

Yeah. The last thing I'm worrying about is more of this 'character' garbage (unless it's catastrophic on the level of the Sens). Is he good on the ice? Then he's good, period.

42 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Here is a trade I would do (since the seems unlikely we get Tavares):

I would package 
Galcheynuk & DeLarose & either [Valiev or 62nd overall]  for either :

a) Ryan O’Reilly
b) TJ Brody & Jankowski

Buffalo would get a scoring winger coming into his best years and a 3rd line center to backfill a need

Calgary would get a scoring winger, a 2nd round pick and a LD to backfill.  Brody would fit in well with Weber or Petry (if we sign an UFA like De Haan) and Jankowski seems to have more point production potential than DLR

I think galchenyuk has more up size then O'reilly.

The thing about galchenyuk is we need to put him in a role that will bring out his game.  The habs need to stop dicking around with his development.

55 minutes ago, Metallica said:

I think galchenyuk has more up size then O'reilly.

The thing about galchenyuk is we need to put him in a role that will bring out his game.  The habs need to stop dicking around with his development.

If we want to fix the CH's 1C problems we need to give the better scoring winger we have; I think Chucky has more trade-value than Patches.

6 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

If we want to fix the CH's 1C problems we need to give the better scoring winger we have; I think Chucky has more trade-value than Patches.

If you trade galchenyuk to a team that puts him in the right role, galchenyuk can be a 80pt plus number 2 center. I look at galchenyuk and see RNH.  I just don't want to give up on him knowing that we are not using him right.

Pacioretty plus one of our 2nd round pick And prospect should get us a #1 center.

23 minutes ago, Metallica said:

If you trade galchenyuk to a team that puts him in the right role, galchenyuk can be a 80pt plus number 2 center. I look at galchenyuk and see RNH.  I just don't want to give up on him knowing that we are not using him right.

Pacioretty plus one of our 2nd round pick And prospect should get us a #1 center.

I think Pacioretty could get us a 1C prospect that will be producing in 2 or 3 years.

Chucky can get us his equivalent but at center

12 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I think Pacioretty could get us a 1C prospect that will be producing in 2 or 3 years.

Chucky can get us his equivalent but at center

See I think its the other way around galchenyuk is a player that other teams would be gambling on. Would you give up your top center on a gamble? Pacioretty is a Proven goal scorer in the league which is hard to come by, so a team maybe willing to give up more to get a Pacioretty than they would galchenyuk. 

Thats why I look at Florida as a trading partner for Pacioretty. They got a boat load of good centers and they need a goal scorer like Pacioretty, so theres a trade to be worked out there.

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

There's no such thing as an 80 point plus #2 centre.  If someone gets 80 points, they're among the top 25 scorers in the league which is a front-liner, not a second-liner. 

The Habs have two years of team control left on Galchenyuk and then he hits the open market.  In six years, he hasn't come remotely close to hitting 80 points...he hasn't even hit 60 or played at a 60-point pace.  No one around the league is going to view him as an 80 point player.  Does he have a bit more offensive upside in him?  Perhaps.  Maybe he can get to 60-65 points one day.  It's interesting you compare him to Nugent-Hopkins; it's actually a decent comparison.  In seven years, he has failed to hit the 60 point mark and has been more of a 45-55 point player over several seasons, just like Galchenyuk.  Chances are that at this point, that's what they are.

I think the time has come to give up on the idea of Galchenyuk being a centre in Montreal.  It's not going to happen.  To be honest, I don't think a lot of teams would be viewing him as a centre considering Montreal's public restraint for trying him there despite needing centres badly.  With the Habs, he's a 50-55 point winger and if someone values him higher than that, make the move now before he becomes a rental a year from now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

If Bergevin is here for another year, there is no point keeping Galchenyuk. He's a UFA in 2020 and I don't see him sticking around with the way he's been treated. The only way he stays is if we get a new GM in 2019 who is in his corner immediately.

Karlsson is a much more valuable player than Pacioretty and him + a 2nd won't get a #1 centre. Nobody is giving up a #1 centre for one year of a guy. Especially a 30 year old winger who either had an irregular bad season or he's trending down now.

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

In six years, he hasn't come remotely close to hitting 80 points...he hasn't even hit 60 or played at a 60-point pace. 

28 points in 32 games from February to the end of the 15-16 season when he was finally moved back to centre, 23 points in 25 games prior to injury in 16-17. That's pretty close to a point per game pace stopped by injury and flip flopping by Therrien.

Otherwise I agree. He isn't going to be what he should be in Montreal. 

Good points by dlbalr and Machine. Galy IS close to being a PPG player when he is used at C. But the Habs refuse to use him at C, so it's a moot point, and for this reason dlbalr's analysis is quite correct.

Give his production when he is used at C, the Habs should have just left him there, because that level of production would have inflated his market value, and the team was going nowhere anyway. Therefore, if they really don't believe in Galy due to his defensive limitations, they should have ridden out those limitations and dealt him after inflating his trade value. But this kind of visionary strategic thinking is so far beyond our imbecile of a GM that it's scarcely worth bothering to talk about.

23 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

28 points in 32 games from February to the end of the 15-16 season when he was finally moved back to centre, 23 points in 25 games prior to injury in 16-17. That's pretty close to a point per game pace stopped by injury and flip flopping by Therrien.

Otherwise I agree. He isn't going to be what he should be in Montreal. 

That's a good two-month stretch but he hasn't been able to sustain it and the end results are a sub-60 point season (or sub-60 point pace over the full year).  He had a 17 points in 18 game stretch this past season too and that was exclusively on the wing.  To me, that's more him just being streaky than an indication that there's another level he can hit on a full-time basis.

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That's a good two-month stretch but he hasn't been able to sustain it.  He had a 17 points in 18 game stretch this past season too and that was exclusively on the wing.  To me, that's more him just being streaky than an indication that there's another level he can hit on a full-time basis.

To me it feels like we're dealing with a very talented player who is most comfortable down the middle. If you put Tavares on the wing he's still going to produce at an elite clip, he just won't be doing it in his ideal role. I don't think Galchenyuk is a PPG player but he could be that 60-70 point area if handled correctly. We've handled him pretty much worse than I've seen a centre messed with in a long time. And there's no excuse for it. It's pure bluster. 

We don't know if he would have kept up his production if he never got hurt, but he definitely came back too early and finally found his stride again this season. But if they never play him at centre, they might as well trade him.

I agree. I personally like Galchenyuk at center but everyone always mentions how’s hes a PPG player at the position as though he would actually sustain that level over a longer period of time. I don’t see his production being more than 5 points different as a result of his position. Galchenyuk can be a 60-70 point player who may have one or two seasons in his entire career where he surpasses that.