Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

3 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I hope there is more to this trade, maybe they swap  draft pick and Montreal gets something more from the Coyotes.

Ha ha, you keep dreaming. Hell, MB probably threw in the #3 pick. Why not? They'll probably just play Zadina at LD anyway

Pierre Lebrun on TSN just reported the Domi trade is the first domino to fall for Montreal.  I predict a few more trades will happen and we’ll get our LD at the draft.

13 hours ago, dlbalr said:

There's no such thing as an 80 point plus #2 centre.  If someone gets 80 points, they're among the top 25 scorers in the league which is a front-liner, not a second-liner. 

The Habs have two years of team control left on Galchenyuk and then he hits the open market.  In six years, he hasn't come remotely close to hitting 80 points...he hasn't even hit 60 or played at a 60-point pace.  No one around the league is going to view him as an 80 point player.  Does he have a bit more offensive upside in him?  Perhaps.  Maybe he can get to 60-65 points one day.  It's interesting you compare him to Nugent-Hopkins; it's actually a decent comparison.  In seven years, he has failed to hit the 60 point mark and has been more of a 45-55 point player over several seasons, just like Galchenyuk.  Chances are that at this point, that's what they are.

I think the time has come to give up on the idea of Galchenyuk being a centre in Montreal.  It's not going to happen.  To be honest, I don't think a lot of teams would be viewing him as a centre considering Montreal's public restraint for trying him there despite needing centres badly.  With the Habs, he's a 50-55 point winger and if someone values him higher than that, make the move now before he becomes a rental a year from now.

He hasn’t reached his potential because of the bush league incompetent managemt on this team.  Watch him get over 79 points next year and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he gets 80+.

7 hours ago, JGC21 said:

Pierre Lebrun on TSN just reported the Domi trade is the first domino to fall for Montreal.  I predict a few more trades will happen and we’ll get our LD at the draft.

That's what I'm afraid of.  Now we are going to overpay for something else.

7 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

He hasn’t reached his potential because of the bush league incompetent managemt on this team.  Watch him get over 79 points next year and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he gets 80+.

It will certainly be fascinating to see how he performs for a team that actually lets him play instead of treating him from day one as a 'problem.' I can see him being a 70-point C with defensive limitations, a major producer of offense on a weak team. Meanwhile we'd better hope Domi recovers his form of three years ago.

This team does need an overall and new talent for sure. 

They aren't even close to a playoff team .

I think more deals will be made as well. 

I said galchenyuk, Pacs and Weber should all be moved. 

1 down, 2 to go

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

This team does need an overall and new talent for sure. 

They aren't even close to a playoff team .

I think more deals will be made as well. 

I said galchenyuk, Pacs and Weber should all be moved. 

1 down, 2 to go

Price needs to be moved to a contender. He is wasting away here in Montreal.

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Patches for Lucic please.

We aren't far from annual lottery picks as it is and this might just do the trick

We just traded Galchenyuk for a three inch taller Desharnais/Gallagher/Drouin hybrid. Pacioretty might do well with him. 

28 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

We just traded Galchenyuk for a three inch taller Desharnais/Gallagher/Drouin hybrid. Pacioretty might do well with him. 

I was thinking the same about Pacioretty 

But I then changed my mind to :

Domi-Drouin-Gallagher 

40 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

I would almost 100% guarantee that doesn't happen 

Gallagher is all about LEADERSHIP and ATTITUDE. No way MB is moving him, even if it brings back Dreiseitl.

18 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Gallagher is all about LEADERSHIP and ATTITUDE. No way MB is moving him, even if it brings back Dreiseitl.

I lost my faith in Bergevin, I beat he resign Pacioretty and trades Gallagher.

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Hes gotten rid of everyone else who is russian or has russian heritage.  Why not scherbak?

Considering Scherbak is now the winger with the most raw talent and a skill cap with the highest ceiling.....

He has definitely set himself as a target now.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Link67 said:

Considering Scherbak is now the winger with the most raw talent and a skill cap with the highest ceiling.....

He has definitely set himself as a target now.

Just to make it clear, there is a difference between talent/skill and being able to be a successful NHL player. 

At RW we have Gallagher, Shaw, Hudon, Deslauriers and Scherbak.

I agree that one of them will be traded and Scherbak seems the most likely because of his upside.  No way MB moves Gallagher.

7 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

At RW we have Gallagher, Shaw, Hudon, Deslauriers and Scherbak.

I agree that one of them will be traded and Scherbak seems the most likely because of his upside.  No way MB moves Gallagher.

Shaw and Hudon can play anywhere. Deslauriers is a LW.