Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

How bout 3 and Schlemko to Detroit for Larkin, Cholowski, and 6.

If Montreal is set on taking Kotkaniemi they acquire a couple of assets and still likely get their guy. 

13 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

If Montreal is set on taking Kotkaniemi they acquire a couple of assets and still likely get their guy. 

The Habs would take that and run - I don't know why Detroit does it though.  They give up their top forward plus another first round pick in Cholowski plus the 6th pick to move up three spots.  There isn't much of a difference between 3 and 6 so why would Detroit give up that much to move up?  I think even if you took Larkin out of there that Detroit may be hesitant to do that.  You might be able to convince them of 6+30 for 3 but I wouldn't hope for more than tat.

7 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

One does not simply fleece Ken Holland the way you are suggesting

Let's try this for RoR:

Scherbak, DeLaRose,  Alzner & 62nd overall for Ryan O’Rielly

Buffalo gets our 3rd line center, a RW with good upside potential and a 2nd pair LD. They need to take a bad contract n exchange for ROR's contract

It improves them and it finally gets us a top center.

Zadina would backfill Scherbak's points and has higher ceiling. DLR's spot would be filled by Danault

Why do people think other teams are going to take Alzner in a trade for there top 6 player????? I know a lot of people want to dump Alzner and his contract but come on now .

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Let's try this for RoR:

Scherbak, DeLaRose,  Alzner & 62nd overall for Ryan O’Rielly

Buffalo gets our 3rd line center, a RW with good upside potential and a 2nd pair LD. They need to take a bad contract n exchange for ROR's contract

It improves them and it finally gets us a top center.

Zadina would backfill Scherbak's points and has higher ceiling. DLR's spot would be filled by Danault

How does this improve Buffalo?  They get a fourth line centre (de la Rose wasn't the third line centre for most of the year with the Habs), an underachieving d-man on a long-term deal, a prospect with some upside (but not a top-liner) in Scherbak, and a late 2nd for a proven centre.  I get Alzner's inclusion for cap reasons but Buffalo will want at least one legitimate core player in return plus a top prospect (Scherbak probably doesn't cut it), not a collection of spare parts.

We're not blowing up the team so guys like Shaw, Alzner, weber wont be traded and is Price is (Bergevin meal ticket) so he wont be traded.

Pacioretty maybe and Gallagher maybe since those are your only 2 best trade chips that both don't have any NTC.

3 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Ryan O' Reilly? 

Next year's 1st (top 10 protected), Toronto's 2018 2nd, Nikita Scherbak, and Andrew Shaw.

Swap Shaw for Pacioretty and BUF says yes.

I would probably say yes too, this team needs a centre so bad....

10 hours ago, dlbalr said:

How does this improve Buffalo?  They get a fourth line centre (de la Rose wasn't the third line centre for most of the year with the Habs), an underachieving d-man on a long-term deal, a prospect with some upside (but not a top-liner) in Scherbak, and a late 2nd for a proven centre.  I get Alzner's inclusion for cap reasons but Buffalo will want at least one legitimate core player in return plus a top prospect (Scherbak probably doesn't cut it), not a collection of spare parts.

I was looking at what they gave Colorado to get ROR. It worked better when it was Galchenyuk instead of Scherbak

I hesitated to include Petry so instead I added Alzner.

it's a stretch

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I was looking at what they gave Colorado to get ROR. It worked better when it was Galchenyuk instead of Scherbak

I hesitated to include Petry so instead I added Alzner.

it's a stretch

Why didn't we trade Galy for ROR? At least that would have made some sort of sense

9 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Why didn't we trade Galy for ROR? At least that would have made some sort of sense

I don't think Galchenyuk alone would have come close to landing O'Reilly.  I had seen something the other day (I think from LeBrun) that said the trade doesn't impact Montreal's interest in O'Reilly as Buffalo had no interest in Galchenyuk.

Edit:

14 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I don't think Galchenyuk alone would have come close to landing O'Reilly.  I had seen something the other day (I think from LeBrun) that said the trade doesn't impact Montreal's interest in O'Reilly as Buffalo had no interest in Galchenyuk.

Edit:

Fair enough.

16 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Ryan O' Reilly? 

Next year's 1st (top 10 protected), Toronto's 2018 2nd, Nikita Scherbak, and Andrew Shaw.

Oshie, Iginla and Jack Johnson.

6 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

How bout Scherbek, Reilly, and a 2nd round to Calgary for Sam Bennett!

True Centre.. 54% faceoff last year.

I think that's too much to give up for Bennett 

14 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Massive trade..

Weber, Pacs, Schebak, and draft pics

to Calgary

for

Bennett, Tkachuk, and Hamilton.

The draft Tkachuk at 3.

Yowzas!

Ok EK stop trolling??? these forums.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

How bout Scherbek, Reilly, and a 2nd round to Calgary for Sam Bennett!

True Centre.. 54% faceoff last year.

For starters, Bennett spent the majority of last season on the wing.  Yes, he had a 54% success rate at the draw but he took an average of three per game.  His success rate the past two years as a centre was just 46.1%.  He was moved to the wing with the hopes that he would struggle less there.

As much as Bennett hasn't lived up to his draft billing, what motivation does Calgary have to move him for a collection of spare parts?  Scherbak is a decent prospect but not a high-end one, Reilly has limited trade value considering all he was worth a few months ago was a future 5th, and a second-rounder is no guarantee to be successful either.  They're better off keeping him rather than deal him for depth.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

For starters, Bennett spent the majority of last season on the wing.  Yes, he had a 54% success rate at the draw but he took an average of three per game.  His success rate the past two years as a centre was just 46.1%.  He was moved to the wing with the hopes that he would struggle less there.

As much as Bennett hasn't lived up to his draft billing, what motivation does Calgary have to move him for a collection of spare parts?  Scherbak is a decent prospect but not a high-end one, Reilly has limited trade value considering all he was worth a few months ago was a future 5th, and a second-rounder is no guarantee to be successful either.  They're better off keeping him rather than deal him for depth.

If Bennett isn’t what they expected and has become a spare part, they’re getting three for the price of one. 

If if there is a player they like in the 2nd round, maybe they do it as they have no picks in the first three rounds. If a player with a high grade from them falls, they might be more willing to make a trade.

I wouldn't give up on Scharbak without giving him a full season in the NHL to see what he can do. Give him that 2nd line spot on the rw leave him there and see what you got.

• Like 1

I still think there’s a trade to be had with Calgary, possibly the Rangers as well.

Not sure if they’d move Skjei, but him, Hayes, and 9 for Pacs, 3 and some other piece(s). 

I’m hoping for something big on Friday night.

There has to be a team that really values Zadina or Dobson or Tkachuk.. some team willing to pay. MB needs to find that team.