Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Im fine with passing on oreilly.  I think the cost js too high too

We'll see what the cost is around 11:00 pm tonight, if it still remains absurd, then I agree, we walk as it would be a detriment to the overall goal of re-tooling

Some smaller 'cap loaning' deals the Habs could try to pull off:

To Montreal:

Braydon Coburn ($3.7M this year, UFA after)

Mid-round pick/prospect

To Tampa Bay:

Jordie Benn ($1.1M this year, UFA after)

(I'd like to sub in David Schlemko but they can't add any more payroll for next year - they're already in really rough shape for 2019-20.)

-----

To Montreal:

Carl Gunnarsson ($2.9M this year, UFA after)

Mid-late round pick/prospect (he's more serviceable than Coburn so the add wouldn't be as nice but the Habs could also try to flip Gunnarsson for a small something as well)

To St. Louis

Jordie Benn ($1.1M this year, UFA after)

-----

To Montreal:

Marcus Foligno ($2.85M for three more years, UFA after)

To Minnesota:

David Schlemko ($2.1M for two more years, UFA after)

(It's hard to put an extra element in here as Foligno is already the younger player.)

With the Leafs loaded and the Lightning strong, I hope MB lowers his ask on Pacs and gets a young prospest... this year's roster be damned..

To NYI for Bellows (Loved Brian on the cup winning team in 93)

To Florida for Heponiemi

To Minnesota for Erikkson Ek

To Nashville for Tolvanen

To San Jose for Norris

etc.. you get the picture.. maybe add a 2nd or 3rd coming back, just deal him for youth. 

19 minutes ago, Commandant said:

To montreal 

Marian hossa

2nd round pick

To chicago

Antoine waked

I'd want more than a 2nd to take that contract on for three years.  The Habs may not be looking to contend right now but a lot can change between now and then.

17 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Teams i could see taking pac

San jose

Dallas

Winnipeg

Islanders

Kings

Penguins

Panthers

Lightning

I wouldn't be shocked if the Habs were open to retaining on Pacioretty (if they do indeed move him) which could expand his market a bit more.

46 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Vegas is also stacked on the LW so I doubt that.

They are nowhere near stacked enough for Pacioretty not to be acquired and instantly become their top line LW. They have tons of picks and future assets, lots of cap space and just lost 25 goals in the LW position. Based on the fact they are already a cup final team, still on the rise, with everything they need to get a player like Pacioretty, who also happens to be available, it is far from doubtful that they could have some real interest at this point.

4 minutes ago, Link67 said:

They are nowhere near stacked enough for Pacioretty not to be acquired and instantly become their top line LW. They have tons of picks and future assets, lots of cap space and just lost 25 goals in the LW position. Based on the fact they are already a cup final team, still on the rise, with everything they need to get a player like Pacioretty, who also happens to be available, it is far from doubtful that they could have some real interest at this point.

It's certainly possible, I just don't see them as the team. Pacioretty seems fussy right now. Might not want to play for Vegas.

19 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

What prompted the change of mind?

The more i look at it we are looking at a minimum 2 years of suck.  And the third year is an optimistic projection that even if it works we have lots of cap space and hossa can be ltir'd if necessary.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

To montreal 

Marian hossa

2nd round pick

To chicago

Antoine waked

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I'd want more than a 2nd to take that contract on for three years.  The Habs may not be looking to contend right now but a lot can change between now and then.

If you ignore cap hit and just focus on salary, it cost Winnipeg Armia, a 4th and a 7th for the Habs to spend $2 733 334 on Mason's buyout. Hossa will cost $3 000 000. A 2nd+ seems about where the market is at. 

Chicago is in need of some forwards. A larger deal could be made. 

This is dumb and makes no sense for us to do, but whatever:

To Montreal: Erik Karlsson and Bobby Ryan

To Ottawa: Jeff Petry, Nikita Scherbak, 2019 2nd round pick, 2020 1st round pick

1 hour ago, illWill said:

To Ottawa: Jeff Petry, Nikita Scherbak, 2019 2nd round pick, 2020 1st round pick

We aren’t giving up much, but even then, why we make this deal unless it was contingent on Karlsson signing with us.  Ottawa gave up their first next year and that will be a guaranteed lottery pick and I doubt Duschane will resign with them.  

We are probably a lottery team as well until we get at least a legit #2 centre - which won’t be easy given that Karlsson’s new deal and bobby Ryan together will probably add $18m in salary.  So unless Karlsson is guaranteed to sign the extension and unless we have at least a #2 centre, we could still potentially be giving up a lottery pick. 

There is no quick fix for the mess that moron MB has gotten us into. We need 3 years for our centre prospects to either make the team or be impactful, so I doubt if we are a playoff team until at least year 4 - and that’s assuming Weber is still a top player and price is still one of the top 3 goalies in the league.

Ottawa took less from San Jose to avoid seeing Hoffman in their division. It backfired when SJ moved him right to Florida.

If Ottawa was willing to do that to avoid Mike Hoffman in division they are never trading Karlsson to Montreal. Only way is if we offered Weber. I could see that as a way for Melnyk to feel like he has cost control.

You guys must have missed the part where I said it was dumb. 

And also to note, that if a team is taking Bobby Ryan as well, that will diminish the return for Karlsson. 

4 hours ago, illWill said:

To Montreal: Karlsdon & Ryan

To Ottawa: Pacioretty & Alzner

On 02/07/2018 at 1:30 PM, Trizzak said:

If you ignore cap hit and just focus on salary, it cost Winnipeg Armia, a 4th and a 7th for the Habs to spend $2 733 334 on Mason's buyout. Hossa will cost $3 000 000. A 2nd+ seems about where the market is at. 

Chicago is in need of some forwards. A larger deal could be made. 

can we try for Anisimov? I would take on Hossa (the good one) if he was included :)