Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

2 hours ago, l

somebody NHL-ready in the return needs to happen

I'd rather a higher ceiling than someone NHL ready

That said I'd be looking for better prospects than was in that proposal.  You have to get a blue chipper 

Look at what Rick Nash was worth at the deadline, he's not as good as Pacioretty and got more than that offer

To Pittsburgh

Max Pacioretty

Jordie Benn

To Montreal

Carl Hagelin

1st Round Pick 2019

2nd Round Pick 2019

3rd Round Pick 2020

Anthony Angello

Pittsburgh gets themselves a big upgrade at LW, and Montreal takes Hagelin's cap to make it work for them. Habs also give them an extra D which they need. The price is steep with a 1st/2nd/3rd, as well as Angello, but that's what it should cost to get Pacioretty when you are weak on the left side and need to clear cap space. Pittsburgh has been absolute trash at the draft anyway so they won't miss the picks anyhow.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ehjay said:

MaxPac

v.

PK Subban

we get my favorite player back and MB gets to make another 1v1 trade ;)

:lol:

If only Nashville were stupid enough to make this trade. Alas, their GM is not Marc Bergevin.

Also, MB wouldn't make that trade, as it fails to represent a downgrade between two players who play the exact same position.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

To Pittsburgh

Max Pacioretty

Jordie Benn

To Montreal

Carl Hagelin

1st Round Pick 2019

2nd Round Pick 2019

3rd Round Pick 2020

Anthony Angello

Pittsburgh gets themselves a big upgrade at LW, and Montreal takes Hagelin's cap to make it work for them. Habs also give them an extra D which they need. The price is steep with a 1st/2nd/3rd, as well as Angello, but that's what it should cost to get Pacioretty when you are weak on the left side and need to clear cap space. Pittsburgh has been absolute trash at the draft anyway so they won't miss the picks anyhow.

So you take a 28-31 first round pick, 50ish second round pick, and an 80ish 3rd rounder... 

That means it's a good 5 years before those player ever even make an impact in the NHL. If they ever do.

This team needs a defensemen. They need a guy who is playing in his last season of jr and ready to make the jump to pro hockey in the 2019-2020 season. 

Pacioretty is an elite goal scorer. There is no way you trade him for late round picks and pray they turn into something. 

45 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

So you take a 28-31 first round pick, 50ish second round pick, and an 80ish 3rd rounder... 

That means it's a good 5 years before those player ever even make an impact in the NHL. If they ever do.

This team needs a defensemen. They need a guy who is playing in his last season of jr and ready to make the jump to pro hockey in the 2019-2020 season. 

Pacioretty is an elite goal scorer. There is no way you trade him for late round picks and pray they turn into something. 

Welcome to the Jedi side. 

Maybe theres a trade to be done with the NYI? They just lost Tavares, Pacioretty is there home town boy they can use to help sell tickets. We just signed Richardson ex NYI coach, who could give us some inside info on there young players. Just some food for thought.?

To NYI

Pacioretty 

To habs

Nelson + Pelech 

23 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Maybe theres a trade to be done with the NYI? They just lost Tavares, Pacioretty is there home town boy they can use to help sell tickets. We just signed Richardson ex NYI coach, who could give us some inside info on there young players. Just some food for thought.?

To NYI

Pacioretty 

To habs

Nelson + Pelech 

They had a deal at the draft that fell through so NYI is a possibility.

12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The isles were willing to trade the 12th pick for pacioretty until dobson and wahlstrom fell in their laps.  

I wonder if theyd deal their 2019 first.

Id love to get that.

Given how their roster shapes up currently, I'd have to think there would be some sort of pick protection on there which would lessen my enthusiasm for adding that pick.  (After the Duchene fiasco in Ottawa, I suspect we'll see more protection on picks moving forward, especially for teams that aren't pegged as legitimate contenders.)

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Given how their roster shapes up currently, I'd have to think there would be some sort of pick protection on there which would lessen my enthusiasm for adding that pick.  (After the Duchene fiasco in Ottawa, I suspect we'll see more protection on picks moving forward, especially for teams that aren't pegged as legitimate contenders.)

I would be fine with lottery protected.

1 hour ago, EMELINATOR said:

I would be asking for Anthony Beauvillier and a pick from Lou

Forget AB.. get Kieffer Bellows and a pick and call it a day. 

Bellows is gonna be a stud, and his dad was on the 93 cup team. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 11:58 PM, Machine of Loving Grace said:

To Pittsburgh

Max Pacioretty

Jordie Benn

To Montreal

Carl Hagelin

1st Round Pick 2019

2nd Round Pick 2019

3rd Round Pick 2020

Anthony Angello

Pittsburgh gets themselves a big upgrade at LW, and Montreal takes Hagelin's cap to make it work for them. Habs also give them an extra D which they need.

I like the swap of LWs for Pittsburgh. Hagelin would need to be traded at the deadline for this to make sense for the CH; for example, for a mid-2nd round pick.

On 7/11/2018 at 7:09 PM, Habopotamus said:

I agree, I do not want him to go unless we get value in return.

How about:

To PIT:

Pacioretty

a depth LD (Benn, Schlemko, Valiev, ...)

To MTL:

2019 1st round pick, 

Zachary Lauzon

Hagelin

Not enough 

Anyone think a Pacioretty + could bring back both Glass and Brannstrom from Vegas? We could send a second rounder and a solid prospect back like Josh Brook? 

27 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Anyone think a Pacioretty + could bring back both Glass and Brannstrom from Vegas? We could send a second rounder and a solid prospect back like Josh Brook? 

I don't think you would get Glass alone for that package, never mind both guys. 

Glass was the Vegas deal-breaker in the Karlsson trade package they had.  They don't want to give him up. 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

I don't think you would get Glass alone for that package, never mind both guys. 

Glass was the Vegas deal-breaker in the Karlsson trade package they had.  They don't want to give him up. 

Oh wow, Glass is that good or does Vegas value him a little highly?