Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

56 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Oh wow, Glass is that good or does Vegas value him a little highly?

6th overall pick in 2017

Put up 102 points in 64 games last year. 

Was the first pick in franchise history, and is likely one of the top 10 prospects in the world right now. 

5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

6th overall pick in 2017

Put up 102 points in 64 games last year. 

Was the first pick in franchise history, and is likely one of the top 10 prospects in the world right now. 

Yea, come to think of it I was probably just not thinking about how valuable he is. How much more valuable is he than guys like Robert Thomas and Morgan frost?

5 hours ago, Meller93 said:

Yea, come to think of it I was probably just not thinking about how valuable he is. How much more valuable is he than guys like Robert Thomas and Morgan frost?

I think hes a good step above them... maybe like thomas plus late 1st for glass.... type of idea.

I've always thought that a blockbuster between Montreal and Florida would've happened by now. For the obvious Bergy/Tallon connection. I really don't recall any trades that came from this previously promising aspect of MB arriving as GM. Maybe one involving a young local dman. Besides this, I think it would do wonders for the Florida franchise. Having ex-Habs on a team that has such an influx of Quebecers during the winter. I really don't know exactly how much it would change things. But if say, Pacioretty Byron Lernout & Lindgren are starting for the Panthers. Aaand Pacioretty becomes Captain.(Super-duper-stretch) I personally think this sells more tickets in Florida. So, what mega-deal with Florida is good for everyone involved?

18 hours ago, Commandant said:

I think hes a good step above them... maybe like thomas plus late 1st for glass.... type of idea.

How valuable do you Poehling is these days? (Not trying to trade him) I feel like his value keeps on rising 

3 hours ago, nihilz said:

I've always thought that a blockbuster between Montreal and Florida would've happened by now. For the obvious Bergy/Tallon connection. I really don't recall any trades that came from this previously promising aspect of MB arriving as GM.

There have been a few trades between the two teams since Bergevin came to the Habs...just none of the particularly relevant variety.

January 14, 2013 - Habs trade Brendon Nash to Florida for Jason DeSantis (the AHL rights had already been swapped a few months earlier)

June 30, 2013 - Habs trade their 2013 7th to Florida for their 2014 7th

July 5, 2013 - Habs trade Phillipe Lefebvre and the 2014 7th they had acquired earlier to Florida to George Parros

March 4, 2014 - Habs trade a 2015 5th to Florida for Mike Weaver

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, dlbalr said:

There have been a few trades between the two teams since Bergevin came to the Habs...just none of the particularly relevant variety.

January 14, 2013 - Habs trade Brendon Nash to Florida for Jason DeSantis (the AHL rights had already been swapped a few months earlier)

June 30, 2013 - Habs trade their 2013 7th to Florida for their 2014 7th

July 5, 2013 - Habs trade Phillipe Lefebvre and the 2014 7th they had acquired earlier to Florida to George Parros

March 4, 2014 - Habs trade a 2015 5th to Florida for Mike Weaver

Those trades shattered the hockey world to be sure. Paciroetty + for Trocek just doesn’t really hold a candle to those. 

15 hours ago, Meller93 said:

How valuable do you Poehling is these days? (Not trying to trade him) I feel like his value keeps on rising 

Havent really thought about his trade value... but i think hes looking like a 2nd line centre at this point.  Maybe a chance for more if he really explodes this year.

10 hours ago, Meller93 said:

I mean think about it, a 2013 for a 2014 7th rounder one for one?

Has to be among the biggest risks in the 21st century. 

All sarcasm aside, that deal actually worked out pretty well for Florida.  They picked someone who wound up being a regular on their back end for most of last season with the pick the Habs sent them.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

All sarcasm aside, that deal actually worked out pretty well for Florida.  They picked someone who wound up being a regular on their back end for most of last season with the pick the Habs sent them.

Wow, I was putting the sarcasm on heavy, but am I correct in saying Montreal took Evans with that pick? 

Could be among the most significant 7th for 7th swaps in memory truthfully. If Evans becomes a regular third liner and Weegar a steady bottom pair d man, the trade actually is pretty important, my ignorant joking aside hahaha

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Meller93 said:

Wow, I was putting the sarcasm on heavy, but am I correct in saying Montreal took Evans with that pick? 

Could be among the most significant 7th for 7th swaps in memory truthfully. If Evans becomes a regular third liner and Weegar a steady bottom pair d man, the trade actually is pretty important, my ignorant joking aside hahaha

Evans wasn't selected with Florida's pick.  The Habs actually traded Florida that pick back five days later in the Parros trade (and they selected Hugo Fagerblom, a Swedish goalie who isn't panning out).  Evans was picked with Montreal's own 2014 7th. 

22 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Evans wasn't selected with Florida's pick.  The Habs actually traded Florida that pick back five days later in the Parros trade (and they selected Hugo Fagerblom, a Swedish goalie who isn't panning out).  Evans was picked with Montreal's own 2014 7th. 

Ahhh, would have been interesting if it was Evans !

What do y'all think of this:

Weber 

Price 

to EDM for

Draisaitl

Lucic

Russell

Talbot

We take on two bad deals to finally land a 1C and our future albatrosses end sooner.  I'd love to not take Lucic back but I can't see a way around it.

9 hours ago, Neech said:

Weber 

Price 

to EDM for

Draisaitl

Lucic

Russell

Talbot

We take on two bad deals to finally land a 1C and our future albatrosses end sooner.  I'd love to not take Lucic back but I can't see a way around it.

I’d do that deal in a heartbeat and have been proposing a deal like that for the last two years, when we probably could have gotten a lot more back without having too take on bad contracts.  Only thing I’d add is try to get klefbom back as well.

13 hours ago, Neech said:

Weber 

Price 

to EDM for

Draisaitl

Lucic

Russell

Talbot

we're not rebuilding because Bergevin ego wont allow it. So Price and Weber aren't going anywhere as long as Bergevin is the GM. 

13 hours ago, Neech said:

Weber 

Price 

to EDM for

Draisaitl

Lucic

Russell

Talbot

Seems like an overpay for Dreiseitl. As Habs29 notes, if we can get Klefbom into the mix, now we're talking. Failing that, I want some sort of young player/prospect included. Given that the Habs have thrown in the towel on contending within Weber/Price's primes, I no longer have any compunction about trading them, myself, but we have to trade them for hope for the future. Price and Weber are not 'albatrosses.' They are core pieces for any team with an eye on contending right now, and on the trade market we need to think of them as such.

43 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Seems like an overpay for Dreiseitl. As Habs29 notes, if we can get Klefbom into the mix, now we're talking. Failing that, I want some sort of young player/prospect included. Given that the Habs have thrown in the towel on contending within Weber/Price's primes, I no longer have any compunction about trading them, myself, but we have to trade them for hope for the future. Price and Weber are not 'albatrosses.' They are core pieces for any team with an eye on contending right now, and on the trade market we need to think of them as such.

There is a lockout coming up. Likely two free buyouts like last time. We could get out of two of those deals at no cap cost and it would turn into Weber/Price for Drai/Talbot.

14 hours ago, Neech said:

Weber 

Price 

to EDM for

Draisaitl

Lucic

Russell

Talbot

100% fantasy deal, wont ever happen, so not much to think about.

3 hours ago, DON said:

100% fantasy deal, wont ever happen, so not much to think about.

You're surely right...although exactly why it is so unthinkable is actually a harder question to answer.

EDM needs top-end goaltending and defencemen: the former in particular is what stands between them and contention. Price and Weber deliver this.

Habs need young C and/or D. RNC/Dreisital/Klefbom deliver that.

I haven't crunched the numbers, but I doubt the cap hits are way off.

The only real reasons the trade is unthinkable is that EDM must be happy with what they have, or else think they can get to the promised land without this kind of bold move - or else that Price wouldn't waive his NTC even though this puts him much closer to Anahim Lake.

(MB's ego may be another factor, but that is not a 'real' reason, it's a bullsh*t reason, assuming it to be relevant).

It's one of those proposals that reminds me of the old Marleau-for-Koivu rumours from way back when: an idea that makes fundamental sense based on mutual team needs, but it just seems to be beyond what the respective organizations are capable of contemplating, and so never happens.

• Upvote 1

I'm still 100% convinced that when Mike Smith's deal is up in Calgary, they will make a massive pitch for Carey unless he has another bad season. It just makes a lot of sense. They have a very complete team but are lost in net. Parsons and McDonald look like they won't be starters. Going big on Price makes sense for them.

Calgary has a ton of centre prospects and is willing to give up first rounders for what they want. Habs could take Brouwer and Frolik to make space and flip them. I just see Price wanting out and Calgary being a comfortable destination for him, and the return being enough to feel like it wasn't a salary dump.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Price and Weber are 'future' albatrosses (though we might be living in that future with Price).  Getting out of 10.5M at the goaltender position requires somewhat of an overpay, but sure if we could get a better defender instead of Russell I'm all for it.  In this trade Draisaitl is the future piece - he's 22, and fits in a timeline with Drouin, Domi, and to a lesser extent Gallagher.  

But you're probably right that NHL GM's hardly ever consider this kind of drastic shake-up.  

Well, if anyone is going to trade Draisaitl, it's Big Pete!

I think I'm of the same mindset now. Trade Price & Weber along with Pacioretty, and do this thing right. Get more picks for this draft coming. So that the prospects are all in the same development process. Having Kotkaniemi, Poehling and co. are wonderful. But another wave of solid prospects could set this roster up pretty nicely in 2-3 years.

Hey maybe we're wrong and they'll go Hasek & Chelios-esque into Canadiens lore.

..but I have a reeaallllyy good feeling about Lindgren. Part of me really wants Price traded for a monumental return. These next 2 years are basically botched. Give Lindgren the starts, let him get experience for when the roster fills out properly. I'd love him to sign a 6yr 2m per. Just to be a solid backup, but I think he's too good for that, and he knows it. If anything I'd be trying to gouge Minnesota for thier local Lindgren. I'd be ready to move on from Dubnek very shortly.