Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

46 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

I'm Surprised Dallas hasn't made a serious offer for him. Radulov and Pac had some solid chemistry.  

They already have an expensive top line goal-scoring LW locked up...Jamie Benn.

30 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Their forward depth in general is pretty bad 

They are top heavy because Nill thought he could rely on players to develop from the draft as depth. Janmark, Faksa, Shore, and Nichushkin were all supposed to be top six calibre players by now . Nichu might be now after coming back from Russia. Hanzal was a bad gamble though.

Dallas for years got high grades on their drafts but the players haven't been panning out. Maybe this year going for a reach was a good attempt to change fortunes, especially since I have seen a bit of Dellandrea and think he was very underrated by scouts and draft lists. Then again Bitten is proof I tend to have a soft spot for Firebirds.

26 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

They are top heavy because Nill thought he could rely on players to develop from the draft as depth. Janmark, Faksa, Shore, and Nichushkin were all supposed to be top six calibre players by now . Nichu might be now after coming back from Russia. Hanzal was a bad gamble though.

Dallas for years got high grades on their drafts but the players haven't been panning out. Maybe this year going for a reach was a good attempt to change fortunes, especially since I have seen a bit of Dellandrea and think he was very underrated by scouts and draft lists. Then again Bitten is proof I tend to have a soft spot for Firebirds.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Seguin. 

20 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with Seguin. 

Yeah, makes sense for him to stay since they love him and can afford him with Spezza's money freeing up for him but who knows. Maybe he pulls a Tavares and bolts based on his 9 year old pajamas.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I think Dallas may be interested in Pacioretty as an upgrade on Janmark. I think Janmark would fit nicely with the Canadiens, along with DAL's 1st rounder in 2019. I would ask for Bayreuther too is Pacioretty signs an extension with Dallas. I think that would be a good trade for both teams

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I think Dallas may be interested in Pacioretty as an upgrade on Janmark. I think Janmark would fit nicely with the Canadiens, along with DAL's 1st rounder in 2019. I would ask for Bayreuther too is Pacioretty signs an extension with Dallas. I think that would be a good trade for both teams

With extension I want Adam Mascherin. Pure sniper, hard to move despite size, has done some great work on his skating. 

21 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

With extension I want Adam Mascherin. Pure sniper, hard to move despite size, has done some great work on his skating. 

Isn't that asking too much ? If Patches is really declining , I doubt we get as much

I thought the Habs should have tried to trade for Mascherin from Florida prior to the draft.  They probably could have had him for a song considering he wasn't going to sign with them.  McCarron for Mascherin would have been a good deal for the Habs.  As far as Pacioretty to Dallas, I like the ideal.  I would try to move Pacioretty (with some salary retained if it gets a the Habs a better deal) and take Spezza back (again if it gets the Habs a better deal).

• Like 1

Mascherin would be great in a Habs jersey.

===

Thinking on another Pacioretty trade. How about trading him to Chicago for:

1st round in 2019

Ejdsell to replace Patches 

and Gustaffson to develop into our Top4 LD?

12 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Isn't that asking too much ? If Patches is really declining , I doubt we get as much

Is there any reason to think Max can snap back into form this season?

-does he have a D-man like Subban to get him the puck? NOPE

-does he have a gritty power FW like Radulov on his line to create openings for him? NOPE

Unless he can rediscover that extra blast of speed to the outside which was nowhere to be found last season, I'd suspect we're in for another season that puts him closer to 20 goals than 30, or 40.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Domi is more of a playmaker.  They could click.

I think Domi and Gallagher will be asked to prop-up Drouin

I think the captain is stuck with Danault and Scherbak/(or any other suspect RW)

30 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I think Domi and Gallagher will be asked to prop-up Drouin

I think the captain is stuck with Danault and Scherbak/(or any other suspect RW)

Prop? Drouin is a much better player than Domi. Domi has a nice pass but that's about it compared to Drouin. 

But I do agree with the idea of Domi - Drouin - Gallagher, Gally really likes Domi so they will be a duo. It's not a bad line in theory. Drouin needs to get back to his weight as a Bolt.

I would love if just once we see Drouin - Peca - Byron just to see a line as fast as the old Petrov - Koivu - Bure line from 1995. 

Pacioretty - Danault - x will certainly be a thing unless Armia steps up and shows he is more than just a once every four games player. He could be the new Weise if things go right. Scherbak could have stiff competition.

23 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Prop? Drouin is a much better player than Domi.

Pacioretty - Danault - x

Drouin needs players around him to make him better, like Pacioretty, he cannot carry his line

Becsuse of Pacioretty's x-RW at this moment, I hope the media and fans give him a break instead of continuing to belittle him for just being a 30 goal scorer on a really bad team

32 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Drouin needs players around him to make him better, like Pacioretty, he cannot carry his line

Becsuse of Pacioretty's x-RW at this moment, I hope the media and fans give him a break instead of continuing to belittle him for just being a 30 goal scorer on a really bad team

I agree that nobody should be belittling Max. I hate this obsession with scapegoating players. But the jury is still out on whether he remains a 30-goal scorer when he has no puck-moving D-men and the wingers being contemplated in this thread. I wouldn't be so sure about that.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Is there any reason to think Max can snap back into form this season?

-does he have a D-man like Subban to get him the puck? NOPE

-does he have a gritty power FW like Radulov on his line to create openings for him? NOPE

Unless he can rediscover that extra blast of speed to the outside which was nowhere to be found last season, I'd suspect we're in for another season that puts him closer to 20 goals than 30, or 40.

I feel the same way.  Max is a guy that needs to be set up for the most part; he's not a guy who creates a lot of prime shooting opportunities on his own.  It's best for both parties that he go somewhere that he will have a competent center and a smooth passing d-man before training camp begins.

• Like 1

It’s funny how some say that Pacioretty has done all his work in the past without a legit number one centerman and then others say he needs “this or that” to produce. I expect 25-35 goals from him this year, and that’s fine. 

54 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

It’s funny how some say that Pacioretty has done all his work in the past without a legit number one centerman and then others say he needs “this or that” to produce. I expect 25-35 goals from him this year, and that’s fine. 

He hasn’t had a true number 1 centre, but until last year he always had an elite puck moving dman.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

He hasn’t had a true number 1 centre, but until last year he always had an elite puck moving dman.

He's also usually had one reliable guy on his line and didn't this time. Plus the constant attempts to put him with Drouin when they had no chemistry likely killed his shots at coming out of cold streaks.

I think they will try

Patches - Danault - Armia

Domi - Drouin - Gally

Hudon - Peca - Lehkonen/Scherbak

59 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

He's also usually had one reliable guy on his line and didn't this time. Plus the constant attempts to put him with Drouin when they had no chemistry likely killed his shots at coming out of cold streaks.

I think they will try

Patches - Danault - Armia

Domi - Drouin - Gally

Hudon - Peca - Lehkonen/Scherbak

Patches for the Selke! 'cause he is never winning the Richard trophy on that line