Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Gostisbehere has put up shit numbers this year and has been brutal in his own end. He also got hurt last night. 

It's tough giving up a kid who's 3rd in defensive scoring in the WHL right now(4pts back of first, with 12 less games played). Then adding a pick and a higher end centre prospect, who just came back from injury, put some weight on, and is starting show the promise that people had him pegged at when drafted.

1 hour ago, illWill said:

To Montreal: Ryan Callaghan and Mathieu Joseph

To Tampa: Charles Hudon

To Montreal: Shayne Gostisbehere

To Philly: Josh Brook, Joni Ikonen and a 2nd round pick

I don’t know enough about the players involved to comment on the first proposal, but getting anything for Hudon seems like a positive move. I really hate the second proposal though.

Do we want a 25 year old left handed, puck moving defenseman who scores at a 52 point per season career pace and is under contract for 4 more years at a very reasonable 4.5 million? 

If yes, it is going to take a lot to acquire such a player

If no, you are wrong

2 hours ago, illWill said:

To Montreal: Ryan Callaghan and Mathieu Joseph

To Tampa: Charles Hudon

I'd rather not give up Brook, but you have to give to get.  I'm wondering if Philly would want a 1st as part of that deal instead of the 2nd.

As far as the Hudon deal goes, I think I'd rather have a 1st rounder in 2020 (with the idea that anything can happen, like a major injury that makes it a lottery pick and a shot at Lafreniere) or something instead of Joseph.  However, if we can get anything of value for Hudon, I'd be happy.  Not sure Callahan waives his NTC to come to Montreal though.  It's tough to say.  I'm sure he's going to try to block as many trades as possible since he's playing for the Cup favorites right now.

Solid deals though if they were to happen.

2 hours ago, John B said:

As far as the Hudon deal goes, I think I'd rather have a 1st rounder in 2020 (with the idea that anything can happen, like a major injury that makes it a lottery pick and a shot at Lafreniere) or something instead of Joseph.  However, if we can get anything of value for Hudon, I'd be happy.  Not sure Callahan waives his NTC to come to Montreal though.  It's tough to say.  I'm sure he's going to try to block as many trades as possible since he's playing for the Cup favorites right now.

Tampa won't give up an unprotected first to get out of one year of Callahan though.  They have enough cap space to make a splash on the trade market and while a buyout is prohibitive, that'd probably be better for them than giving up a first to move Callahan (assuming he waives the NTC which probably isn't likely as you note). 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

The philly trade hurts but id likely do it.

Id rather give juulsen though... even if i had to give a first instead of the 2nd.

Im higher on brook than anyone else though.

Juulen would make that a much more palatable deal for me

On 1/29/2019 at 11:48 PM, Commandant said:

The philly trade hurts but id likely do it.

Id rather give juulsen though... even if i had to give a first instead of the 2nd.

Im higher on brook than anyone else though.

I been kinda holding tongue here but I think any trade that involves Shayne Gostisbehere will also be with 1 of the 2 hot sauce eating goalies in the minors.

I would see o1 of Dmen mentioned, a pick in the 2 or 3rd and 1 of the goalies :/ especially after (the over) payment of Muzzin

1 hour ago, ehjay said:

I been kinda holding tongue here but I think any trade that involves Shayne Gostisbehere will also be with 1 of the 2 hot sauce eating goalies in the minors.

I would see o1 of Dmen mentioned, a pick in the 2 or 3rd and 1 of the goalies :/ especially after (the over) payment of Muzzin

Philly's goalie of the future is Carter Hart (who might be the best goalie prospect in the world).

They also have a ton of depth in goalie prospects

I don't think they are looking for goalie prospects in return for Gostisbehere.

On 1/30/2019 at 5:59 PM, Habopotamus said:

I wonder if Alec Martinez could be a trade Target. 

Depending on the price, sure. 

It would need to be a lot cheaper than Muzzin though as he's older and not as good as Muzzin. 

On 2019-01-29 at 1:50 PM, illWill said:

I like that trade! I think it's fair for both teams!

1 hour ago, Habsfan said:

I like that trade! I think it's fair for both teams!

I don’t want fair. I want Bergevin to buy low because the player is seemingly out of favour (Gostisbehere) or because a team sucks and lacks forwards(Lindholm or Fowler) etcetera

• Upvote 1

On 2/6/2019 at 12:08 PM, PMAC said:

I don’t want fair. I want Bergevin to buy low because the player is seemingly out of favour (Gostisbehere) or because a team sucks and lacks forwards(Lindholm or Fowler) etcetera

That's what trading skill is all about, and it's what we need in order to keep improving. Sam Pollock was the master of this ...

3 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

MB managed to finally do this with Tatar och Domi... 

But he tried out alot of garbage before.

Hes won quite a few deals.

the ryder trade, the petry trade, the vanek trade, the danault trade, the weise trade, the deslauriers trade, the kulak trade, 

Hes lost his share too...

But its not like domi and tatar are the first wins for him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/8/2019 at 6:50 AM, Commandant said:

Hes won quite a few deals.

the ryder trade, the petry trade, the vanek trade, the danault trade, the weise trade, the deslauriers trade, the kulak trade, 

Hes lost his share too...

But its not like domi and tatar are the first wins for him.

id  have to think hes won almost every trade he's made... obviously people will point again and again to the blockbuster of Subban/Weber but is this really considered a loss unless your a PK cheerleader or a weber cheerleader?    drouin/ schergachev? who really knows the winner of that one yet? so those 2 trades aside hes come out on top of pretty much every trade he's made

I'd say his biggest problems have been his dumpster UFA signings and him always trying to find diamonds in quick sand (briere, semin, alzner, streit, morrow, hemsky, holland etc..)

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

id  have to think hes won almost every trade he's made... obviously people will point again and again to the blockbuster of Subban/Weber but is this really considered a loss unless your a PK cheerleader or a weber cheerleader?    drouin/ schergachev? who really knows the winner of that one yet? so those 2 trades aside hes come out on top of pretty much every trade he's made

I'd say his biggest problems have been his dumpster UFA signings and him always trying to find diamonds in quick sand (briere, semin, alzner, streit, morrow, hemsky, holland etc..)

Ok, without even debating the PK/Weber trade (which i still say his a loss cause of age).  here are some losses.

- The 2017 trade deadline... Andrighetto for Martinsen, Draft picks for Ott and Dwight King.   (Didn't address team needs, gave away assets for players who didn't add to the team's offense), minor loss

- Andrew Shaw for 2 second rounders (Alex DeBrincat and Chad Krys).  I like Shaw but he overpaid. 

- Acquired Stefan Matteau, traded Devante Smith-Pelley (small loss, but a loss)

- acquired Parenteau and a fifth for Briere (Briere had 1 year left on his deal, Parenteau had 2, we ended up buying out Parenteau's second year). 

Overall he wins more than he loses, but no one is perfect and those are losses IMO.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Commandant said:

Ok, without even debating the PK/Weber trade (which i still say his a loss cause of age).  here are some losses.

- The 2017 trade deadline... Andrighetto for Martinsen, Draft picks for Ott and Dwight King.   (Didn't address team needs, gave away assets for players who didn't add to the team's offense), minor loss

- Andrew Shaw for 2 second rounders (Alex DeBrincat and Chad Krys).  I like Shaw but he overpaid. 

- Acquired Stefan Matteau, traded Devante Smith-Pelley (small loss, but a loss)

- acquired Parenteau and a fifth for Briere (Briere had 1 year left on his deal, Parenteau had 2, we ended up buying out Parenteau's second year). 

Overall he wins more than he loses, but no one is perfect and those are losses IMO.

I don't understand how someone can consider a trade a loss based on age, especially less than 4 years in difference. Players start to decline at different ages and Weber hasn't at all yet, and I haven't watched enough of Subban to know if he is, but judging by his production this year he certainly might be. Not to mention all the other reasons I believe the trade was a win, but yes no need to rehash that old debate. 

The other trades you mentioned are very minor losses, and hardly worth mentioning when compared to the robbery he committed on his wins.

I think my favorite MB trade is is Fleishmann & Weise for Danault & Romanov :)

Then getting Weise back with Folin for Schelemko (whom we got for a 5th) :)

So basically Danault & Romanov & Folin for Fleishmann (and  5th)