Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

24 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Why? Drouin would be a much better option for Gostisbehere. And I don't think Philadelphia needs a defenceman prospect.

I think that's a good offer but I think a trade of

To habs gostisbehere 

For

To Philadelphia 

Tatar + 1st 

Philly would jump all over that. I wouldn't give up poehling 

Tatar plus a first-rounder? I don't think that should be necessary for what is (to them) a third-pair defenceman. A late-round pick, or Hudon, as a sweetener could work.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Tatar plus a first-rounder? I don't think that should be necessary for what is (to them) a third-pair defenceman. A late-round pick, or Hudon, as a sweetener could work.

Pure fantasy.

16 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

After seeing 2 seconds and a low mid prospect go for PK... ghost will not be commanding poehling that's for sure...

We'd be crazy to let a guy like poehling go over a speed winger like drouin 

Ghost is paid 4.5 million for the next four years.... contract situation and PK's situation are not the same. 

I would hate to see the Habs give Poehling up in a trade without seeing how good an NHL'er he will become. He is also a quality guy. Totally agree that Ghostibehere's contract makes him more attractive and gives Philly a little more leverage in trade talks. I would be way more interested in him than TJ Brodie who only has 1 year left in his contract before he becomes a free agent.  Another LD I would love to get is Darnell Nurse but I doubt the Oilers are interested in trading him.

15 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

After seeing 2 seconds and a low mid prospect go for PK... ghost will not be commanding poehling that's for sure...

We'd be crazy to let a guy like poehling go over a speed winger like drouin 

Theirs a difference, Nashville was trying to clear cap space to sign a top UFA namely Duchene. That's why they took back very little  for PK.

Philadelphia doesn't need to clear cap space and they also don't need to trade Gostisbehere. They are simply listen to offers for Gostisbehere. Which means that the offer in which they say yes has to be a really good deal and a smart deal for them.

I believe Poehling's value is actually very high right now. Much higher then a return of ghostisbere personally.

Obviously subban 9million yearly is more then ghost but the return was still not good anyway you look at it considering alot of montreal fans and pk fans no less had him pegged as one of the best in the game. I dont believe anyone can honestly say that about gostisbere. Is he in the convo for top 40? 

As for cap clearing for Nash they could of tried  moving Turris or bonino who both had bad years and have salary... or Josi who will be looking for that very same salary as PK as soon as next year.

2 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I believe Poehling's value is actually very high right now. Much higher then a return of ghostisbere personally.

Obviously subban 9million yearly is more then ghost but the return was still not good anyway you look at it considering alot of montreal fans and pk fans no less had him pegged as one of the best in the game. I dont believe anyone can honestly say that about gostisbere. Is he in the convo for top 40? 

As for cap clearing for Nash they could of tried  moving Turris or bonino who both had bad years and have salary... or Josi who will be looking for that very same salary as PK as soon as next year.

No one would have taken Turris or Bonino unless you take back a bad contract or you give up assets like the Marleau deal. 

13 hours ago, Commandant said:

No one would have taken Turris or Bonino unless you take back a bad contract or you give up assets like the Marleau deal. 

It kinda seems the time of the years where some GMs might "sell low". Skinner comes to mind last year. So maybe we can get Ghost for a bag of pucks and a cosom stick that looks like a $300 NHL seal stick, maybe ?

well here is to hoping :D

1 hour ago, ehjay said:

It kinda seems the time of the years where some GMs might "sell low". Skinner comes to mind last year. So maybe we can get Ghost for a bag of pucks and a cosom stick that looks like a $300 NHL seal stick, maybe ?

well here is to hoping :D

Drouin + Hudon for Gostisbehere would do it for me. Don't know what Philly would accept, though.

It looks like Jokiharju is not going to crack the Chicago D-heavy lineup and could be available for trade if we can offer the Blackhawks something they need. A first-round pick two years ago, he has at least top-four potential a few years from now — as Weber and Petry age.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 11:43 AM, tomh009 said:

Drouin + Hudon for Gostisbehere would do it for me. Don't know what Philly would accept, though.

I can't say either but I like the idea of making Drouin avail in order to get a real top 4 dman on the Left side :)

I don't know if MB is in line with that tho; it would kinda bring up sourness from the fan base that like his play N the fan base that think all the can be fixed with more francophone players, regardless to if they are good or not. Mind you on that last bit, maybe he can make a trade for Letang?

(edit) I don't know if Pit wanna trade him or what it would take tho

10 hours ago, ehjay said:

I can't say either but I like the idea of making Drouin avail in order to get a real top 4 dman on the Left side :)

I don't know if MB is in line with that tho; it would kinda bring up sourness from the fan base that like his play N the fan base that think all the can be fixed with more francophone players, regardless to if they are good or not. Mind you on that last bit, maybe he can make a trade for Letang?

(edit) I don't know if Pit wanna trade him or what it would take tho

There are a few issues with trying to get Letang, Penguins are no longer as cap constrained now that Kessel is gone, so the pressure to move a big contract is fading fast, Letang could have been a candidate at that point. Also, we would have to have Letang play on his offside here to get him with Weber, there is no telling if he can do that at a high level for a consistent period of time, like an entire season for instance lol. Lastly, the Penguins will not want a forward as the centerpiece in this deal,  they would be looking for a highly valued D prospect or fringe NHL D prospect coming the other way as well as gaining some significant cap relief, that is literally their only reason to move Letang at this point. Drouin is a trade option for us with Philly, because they have D depth and are looking to use it to bolster their forward position, Penguins are not on that boat, they want to bolster the D of the near future, while keeping the forward situation relatively similar or slightly weaker than previous years. We would essentially have to consider a package involving guys like Lehkonen, Juulsen, and add in a valued D prospecs like Brook or Romanov a long with a high pick. I don't even think a conversation is able to start unless you are willing to let go of 3 out of those 4 names. 

And we also need to start watching our own cap, starting in 2020 our cap situation is going to start changing dramatically. If we keep putting ourselves in propositions where we are taking on big contracts while giving up very little of it ourselves to offer cap releif as the main trade piece, we could easily be a team bailing water out of our own boat in 2021. Like much of these teams are doing this summer.

• Upvote 1

Would anyone have interest in Ryan Murray. 

Former second overall pick, has had injury issues throughout his career. 

Finally broke through with a career high in points and steady possession numbers last year. 29 points in 56 games. 50.1 percent Corsi-For, with a -0.1 relative Corsi. 

Left Handed D, decent skater and passer. 

Columbus could be looking for forward help and move him off their deep defence. 

What about Shaw for Murray?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Finally broke through with a career high in points and steady possession numbers last year. 29 points in 56 games. 50.1 percent Corsi-For, with a -0.1 relative Corsi. 

I would do that deal.  Shaw proved himself valuable last year, but injuries seem to be an ongoing issue with him. Who wins all the puck battles when he is gone though? I have no numbers to back it up. Only eye test. But from what I see,  Shaw is a beast at winning puck battles. 

6 hours ago, Link67 said:

There are a few issues with trying to get Letang, Penguins are no longer as cap constrained now that Kessel is gone, so the pressure to move a big contract is fading fast, Letang could have been a candidate at that point. Also, we would have to have Letang play on his offside here to get him with Weber, there is no telling if he can do that at a high level for a consistent period of time, like an entire season for instance lol. Lastly, the Penguins will not want a forward as the centerpiece in this deal,  they would be looking for a highly valued D prospect or fringe NHL D prospect coming the other way as well as gaining some significant cap relief, that is literally their only reason to move Letang at this point. Drouin is a trade option for us with Philly, because they have D depth and are looking to use it to bolster their forward position, Penguins are not on that boat, they want to bolster the D of the near future, while keeping the forward situation relatively similar or slightly weaker than previous years. We would essentially have to consider a package involving guys like Lehkonen, Juulsen, and add in a valued D prospecs like Brook or Romanov a long with a high pick. I don't even think a conversation is able to start unless you are willing to let go of 3 out of those 4 names. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Link67: ohhhh Battal!!!! no! that seems a little too much, they can have Chuky lollll

Commandant: I would do that, I like Shaw but left side D is looking So Weak! :(

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Won't be happening now;)

Is not our greatest need a left top pairing defenceman who can quarterback out PP?

therefore should not Jake Gardiner be our top priority??

27 minutes ago, REV-G said:

Is not our greatest need a left top pairing defenceman who can quarterback out PP?

therefore should not Jake Gardiner be our top priority??

He should, unless he's said he's not interested in Montreal.... then you move to plan B. 

What about dealing Hudon and a 2nd or 3rd Edmonton for Puljujärvi ?