Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

2 hours ago, illWill said:

I must be in the minority of people that want to keep Drouin, I think he is a big piece of our core moving forward. He is on a relatively cheap contract for what he currently produces combined with his potential. Plus I just enjoy watching him play 

I also want to keep Drouin as I still think he has tons of potential and at some point I hope he will mature and realize what he needs to do to become a great pro. Plus, you are selling low right now after the slump he had. If you are going to trade a guy you might as well do it after they have had a good season when their value is higher. Arizona traded Domi after he had a bad year. How did that work out for them?

How about Weber and either Drouin (preferred) or Gallagher for Marner. Than try and sign Marner for $12m/6 years

it weakens are defence big things big time, but we basically have a 4-5 year window left with Price and 3 to 4 years of Weber as elite players.  No way we can have a serious contender within that time frame.

for Toronto they will probably need to move another contract.  But they solidify their D for next year with Reilly, Weber, Muzzin and Barrie.  And with Weber have improved their D for at least 4 years.  

For me the hardest thing to accept is strengthening the hated leafs.  But we need a bold move that is going to have three years for the kids to improve and build the D.

Price may also asked to be moved given the window is further out, than so be it.  We need a real plan to build a contender than this retool and rebuild our n the fly.

in the East next year, Columbus has gotten worse and won’t make the playoffs. However, their spot will be taken by Florida. NJD and Philly also improved and will probably finish ahead of us.  Next year I’ll s another lost year.  With each lost year, Price and Weber get older and their value will be dropping.

5 hours ago, ehjay said:

Honestly, I was not proposing Drouin bcuz I dislike his play but rather more bcuz of the value of his play.

I think Drouin would be a player that Jets would most def want back and I ain't giving up Domi so Drouin, sry Don

edit:

but you are right in some sense I'll give you that and yup I think Connor would be a better player then Drouin, is true too

Dont know Connor, but Drouin has played 322gms, has averaged 49pts/82gms, is 24 years old and is a good player who just seems to have more in him. My guess is, he likely will have a 60+ season or two, even tanking in 2nd half last year he had 53pts. But, just the lack of consistent effort or focus seems his big negative.:spamafote:

49 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

in the East next year, Columbus has gotten worse and won’t make the playoffs. However, their spot will be taken by Florida. NJD and Philly also improved and will probably finish ahead of us.  Next year I’ll s another lost year. 

Bergevin has addressed one of our key weaknesses this past season (backup goaltending). If he can make another move to give a boost to the PP, it should get us to 100+ points and into the playoffs. The backup goaltending alone should get us to somewhere better than 96 points and a playoff spot.

If he can make a bigger move (Laine, Gardiner, Gostisbehere etc) before the start of October then we can be a more serious threat in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Bergevin has addressed one of our key weaknesses this past season (backup goaltending). If he can make another move to give a boost to the PP, it should get us to 100+ points and into the playoffs. The backup goaltending alone should get us to somewhere better than 96 points and a playoff spot.

If he can make a bigger move (Laine, Gardiner, Gostisbehere etc) before the start of October then we can be a more serious threat in the playoffs.

Which teams are we going to leap frog?

1. TBL

2. Bruins

3. Leafs 

4. Caps 

5. Florida

Are probably locks.  I think NYI should be in - caveat is goaltending.  I also think NJD have a better chance If healthy.  Last spot battle between Pens, philly and Montreal in that order pending other moves.  So once again we are pretty much a bubble team.

our biggest issue is the D and that’s still pretty bad unless Julsson or Mete progress exponentially this year.

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

in the East next year, Columbus has gotten worse and won’t make the playoffs. However, their spot will be taken by Florida. NJD and Philly also improved and will probably finish ahead of us.  Next year I’ll s another lost year.  With each lost year, Price and Weber get older and their value will be dropping.

If you are right youll post 5x a day all season long.

If the habs are winning we will never see you.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

If you are right youll post 5x a day all season long.

If the habs are winning we will never see you.

I said when I came back I stopped watching hockey and wasn’t even following the habs.  

I wasnt here when when they were playing well and I want here when they didn’t make the playoffs as expected.

The Poehling final game peaked my interest again,  all of the upsets in the playoffs made things interesting and the rumours of a habs putting in an offer sheet peaked my interest - I thought MB finally was going to do some good.  But as usual, he disappointed with his offer and I was just pissed at how low the offer sheet ended up being.

you may think last year was a success because they improved over the previous year I didn’t.  I didn’t post when they started we'll, or when the fell short again.  For most of the MB era they have been a bubble team and still are.

BTW, I read a lot of you patting yourself on the back over your ratings, so you can go screw yourself.

i went though through the same phase during the dark Tremblay/Houle year’s and didn’t start watching again until the Koivu cancer story broke, his return and Theodore carried them into the playoffs.

5 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Which teams are we going to leap frog?

1. TBL

2. Bruins

3. Leafs 

4. Caps 

5. Florida

Are probably locks.  I think NYI should be in - caveat is goaltending.  I also think NJD have a better chance If healthy.  Last spot battle between Pens, philly and Montreal in that order pending other moves.  So once again we are pretty much a bubble team.

our biggest issue is the D and that’s still pretty bad unless Julsson or Mete progress exponentially this year.

I agree that we're still a bubble team, and we don't have the top end talent to match the teams ahead of us (and a few behind).  We're also in the weird position of having a good pool of young players and prospects, but our two best players are on the wrong side of 30.  So we may end up in the same position next summer that we find ourselves today; stuck in no man's land with limited options to improve significantly, but too promising to commit to a rebuild.

3 hours ago, Neech said:

I agree that we're still a bubble team, and we don't have the top end talent to match the teams ahead of us (and a few behind).  We're also in the weird position of having a good pool of young players and prospects, but our two best players are on the wrong side of 30.  So we may end up in the same position next summer that we find ourselves today; stuck in no man's land with limited options to improve significantly, but too promising to commit to a rebuild.

I think if they miss the playoffs this year, there needs to be some serious consideration into moving Weber 

7 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I said when I came back I stopped watching hockey and wasn’t even following the habs.  

I wasnt here when when they were playing well and I want here when they didn’t make the playoffs as expected.

The Poehling final game peaked my interest again,  all of the upsets in the playoffs made things interesting and the rumours of a habs putting in an offer sheet peaked my interest - I thought MB finally was going to do some good.  But as usual, he disappointed with his offer and I was just pissed at how low the offer sheet ended up being.

you may think last year was a success because they improved over the previous year I didn’t.  I didn’t post when they started we'll, or when the fell short again.  For most of the MB era they have been a bubble team and still are.

BTW, I read a lot of you patting yourself on the back over your ratings, so you can go screw yourself.

i went though through the same phase during the dark Tremblay/Houle year’s and didn’t start watching again until the Koivu cancer story broke, his return and Theodore carried them into the playoffs.

Whatever.  Youve been a troll for years.  It isnt just this past year when you "stopped watching hockey"

In my entire time with the site youve never once posted something positive.

You are basically chicken little screaming that the sky is falling all the time.  Nothing is ever good and if it is you are nowhere to be found.

I guess ill just ignore you and it will be like the team is always winning.

I prefer to speak to people who are objective and not just a troll looking for a reaction.

31 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Whatever.  Youve been a troll for years.  It isnt just this past year when you "stopped watching hockey"

In my entire time with the site youve never once posted something positive.

You are basically chicken little screaming that the sky is falling all the time.  Nothing is ever good and if it is you are nowhere to be found.

I guess ill just ignore you and it will be like the team is always winning.

I prefer to speak to people who are objective and not just a troll looking for a reaction.

Keep clicking the negative/ down vote icon on all the posts that have value, but you just don't like. That's way better than - Habs Retired, voicing his opinion 

Edited by Habber31

We obviously have a difference of opinion on what had value and what is trolling.

If someone is objective and willing to be both positive and negative depending on the situation thats one thing.

If someone has literally never posted something positive in 5 years, and disappears every time things are going well (this past season wasnt his only time disappearing)... then its quite clear what the agenda is.

It brings down the whole site when there is a lack of objectivity.

Sorry but thats my opinion and Im willing to express it too.  

If you want to talk about magic internet points that mean nothing... go ahead though.  I have 1299 right now i guess... though im sure this will be downvoted.  Tell me why this matters.  Is there somewhere i can redeem these points for cash and prizes?  Nope... okay then... why are we discussing them.  Their only purpose is to express approval and disapproval and i disapprove of trolling.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Habber31 said:

You're an intelligent poster man. I'm just saying I don't think it's necessary to constantly down vote people because you don't agree with them; not because their post has no value. 

I dont constantly downvote... i did H29 but i think ive explained why i think what he says has no value.

When someone only gives negative opinions (or conversely only gives positive opinions) and is clearly biased... i consider their opinion to have no value.

A smart, unbiased person is able to talk about both positive and negatives with the team.  Obviously bergevin isnt perfect.  Every move made isnt automatically a mistake either.

When someone takes either side of that coin... their opinions mean nothing to me as the bias leaks through.  I cant take such a person seriously.

I value intelligent discussion.  Bias does not contribute to that.

14 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I dont constantly downvote... i did H29 but i think ive explained why i think what he says has no value.

When someone only gives negative opinions (or conversely only gives positive opinions) and is clearly biased... i consider their opinion to have no value.

A smart, unbiased person is able to talk about both positive and negatives with the team.  Obviously bergevin isnt perfect.  Every move made isnt automatically a mistake either.

When someone takes either side of that coin... their opinions mean nothing to me as the bias leaks through.  I cant take such a person seriously.

I value intelligent discussion.  Bias does not contribute to that.

:1gohabs:

18 hours ago, tomh009 said:

I'm curious, why do you think Connor would be better for the Habs than Laine?

Laine got a bad man shoot and it would look great on the Team but I feel Connor brings more sand paper to the ice with his game but Ima not super Jets watching more then 5-7 games a year or anything like that so idk really why, lollll

14 hours ago, DON said:

Dont know Connor, but Drouin has played 322gms, has averaged 49pts/82gms, is 24 years old and is a good player who just seems to have more in him. My guess is, he likely will have a 60+ season or two, even tanking in 2nd half last year he had 53pts. But, just the lack of consistent effort or focus seems his big negative.:spamafote:

I have stated many times I feel Drouin a fake on the ice. if he put up 60 last year (Drouin), if he had a bit more of the "attitude" MB say all the time he might have put up 80 maybe 90 and then i would STFU but he (Drouin) ain't got the the "attitude" and if you want me to prove it .... see Domi he got the "attitude" he about the same age right?

So yeah i will propose trade for Drouin well until he or gets the "attitute" or gets traded or i guess retires

edit:

i hope he find the "attitude" he nice on the left of Domi when he on his game tho

9 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Fickle fair weather fan eh.

• Upvote 1

Maybe I'm wearing rose colored glasses but I am excited for this year...

Kids like Poehling and Suzuki might get to play and the D should be a little better with Chiarot in for Benn.

With CP31 you always have a chance to win the game.

I also expect better years from Drouin, Lehks, Kotkaniemi, and Byron. Armia and Byron missed 20+ games last year. So did Weber. Weal was good for the 15 or so games we had him.

WE MISSED THE PLAYOFFS BY TWO POINTS.

Danault has become a great two way centre.. Domi was great last year and Tatar was a surprise.

I still think a top three finish in the division is possible.. but I'd be very surprised if the HABS don't get in this year. They are definitely a playoff team.

24 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Maybe I'm wearing rose colored glasses but I am excited for this year...

Ditto, but still see only 2nd-3rd pairing d-men on the left side and if Bergevin comes out and says "It was just too difficult to find a top 4 LH d-man through trade." given the assets they have to barter with, i will be very disappointed.:angry:

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, DON said:

Ditto, but still see only 2nd-3rd pairing d-men on the left side and if Bergevin comes out and says "It was just too difficult to find a top 4 LH d-man through trade." given the assets they have to barter with, i will be very disappointed.:angry:

I'm really hoping that he will address either LD (Gardiner, Gostisbehere etc) or PP (Laine etc) at the minimum. At least one of those is doable.

And apparently Gusev is available from Las Vegas really inexpensively ... although he is not really a PP scoring threat, either.

12 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Back to trade proposals..

Puljujarvi for Byron and a pick...

Yay? Nay?

Puljujarvi for Hudon and a 2nd.

But while Puljujarvi might work out really well in the right environment, that doesn't really solve our problems (LD and PP), either, at least not for a few years.

29 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Puljujarvi for Hudon and a 2nd.

But while Puljujarvi might work out really well in the right environment, that doesn't really solve our problems (LD and PP), either, at least not for a few years.

Dont think risk is worth a 2nd pick.

From defendingbigd.com, a Stars fan site:

Finally, there is the curious case of Julius Honka. At this point, you’d have to do some serious digging to find anybody who thinks that Honka has a future with the Stars. Still, the team is holding out for a trade where they can get some kind of value for the 2014 first-round pick.

Frankly, puck-moving right shot defenders do come at a premium. However, any deal that Honka signs, regardless of length, is going to be under the “no compensation” limit for an offer sheet. There is little chance that Dallas matches the offer, since a matched offer sheet comes with a one year no-trade stipulation.

Honka’s there for the taking as a restricted free agent, and by going the offer sheet route, he has the ability to pick a team where the playing style and the depth chart brings a chance to both play and increase his value. An offer sheet contract should get him to the point where he has arbitration rights, and with playing time, he might actually get some comparables that haven’t spent the last season as a healthy scratch.

If a team wants Honka, why trade? Extend an offer sheet with something reasonable and show him a way to playing time. Done deal.

Why wouldn't someone (if not the Habs, then someone else) pick him up using an offer sheet? Or trade inexpensively -- for Hudon?