Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, titanfan said:

Would you do it?

Jonathan Drouin for Justin Faulk.  And what other pieces would have to be in play for it to make sense.

Just a question to spark a conversation?  And, yes i know Faulk is a Right shot D.

I doubt the Blues would trade him, now. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Habber31 said:

Could now be a good time to target Gostisbehere? 

I cant see any big trades happening.  Anywhere in the NHL til at least november.

The old rule was American Thanksgiving but weve seen teams go earlier in recent years.  Still dont think it happens this year that teams jump before Halloween though. Give everyone at least 10-15 games.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Scandella is awful.  

Last season He played less than 18 minutes a game and his relative corsi was -5.6 last year.  On Buffalo.  He wasnt facing top opposition.  His zone starts were in line with other sabres d.

So.a terrible team was measurably WORSE when he was on the ice then when he was off it.

Why would we do that?  Is it one for one for alzner?

11 minutes ago, Canajun said:

I don't want any more #5/#6 defensemen.

We have enough third-pairing D (and third/fourth-line forwards), I think. Adding more just adds congestion and waiver challenges, without substantial improvements. It only makes sense to trade for someone who is a solid top-two-pair defenceman.

21 hours ago, Canajun said:

I don't want any more #5/#6 defensemen.

Totally agree, we have a lot of those type of defenceman already and nobody is giving away defenceman that can play in the top pair, they are expensive.  You have to develop your own unless you get very lucky and find a team that is desperate. 

19 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Totally agree, we have a lot of those type of defenceman already and nobody is giving away defenceman that can play in the top pair, they are expensive.  You have to develop your own unless you get very lucky and find a team that is desperate. 

McDonagh, Trouba, Subban have been traded for relatively recently, so i dont buy you need to get very lucky. Just need to find a team out of playoffs and rebuilding or make a regular hockey deal. Habs are relatively deep at wing, so could deal a good young winger and 1st pick for a good young(ish) d-man.

2 hours ago, DON said:

McDonagh, Trouba, Subban have been traded for relatively recently, so i dont buy you need to get very lucky. Just need to find a team out of playoffs and rebuilding or make a regular hockey deal. Habs are relatively deep at wing, so could deal a good young winger and 1st pick for a good young(ish) d-man.

Those are good examples. Perhaps my choice of words could have been better. As you said you need to find a team in rebuild mode or perhaps one that  has salary cap issues. That's why I never complain when Bergevin hasn't spent to the cap limit, good to have some powder dry if the right opportunity comes up. 

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Those are good examples. Perhaps my choice of words could have been better. As you said you need to find a team in rebuild mode or perhaps one that  has salary cap issues. That's why I never complain when Bergevin hasn't spent to the cap limit, good to have some powder dry if the right opportunity comes up. 

Gotta pick your poison; lose good player for a good player, or overbid and overpay a free agent if want to push for cup; or draft and develop, be patient and wait a few years.

The Rangers (Sather) traded away all top picks for years going for cup runs and did so-so, then went scorched earth trading away all good players worth anything and has had 6 1st round picks in last 3 years and now have #1 rated prospect pool (i think Pronman had them there?).

Not a trade but I think the Habs need to address the PK quickly.

We should bring in a guy who is a known leader, has a great track record with the Habs and PK experience.  This guy is also going to be looking to change gears in his career real soon.

Pleky should be pursued as a special teams coach.

Looking ahead to guys who could be traded. 

LHD who are UFA After this season. 

Josi (Nashville unlikely to be a seller)

Krug (Boston unlikely to be a seller and unlikely to deal with the Habs). 

Muzzin (Leafs unlikely to be a seller and unlikely to deal with the Habs).

Gustafsson (I like this one as Chicago will move him if they are out). 

TJ Brodie (Flames shouldn't be a seller but just 6-5-1 right now). 

Sami Vatanen (RH shot but plays left a lot, not a bad option if the Devils fall out of the playoffs)

LHD who are on bad teams who might want to shake up.

Brodin (2 years on contract)

DeHaan (3 years)

Gostisbehere (4 years, FLyers are playing him under 20 minutes a night right now).

Leddy (DO NOT WANT)

Skjei (I doubt it but he's been criticized in New York)

Alec Martinez (2 years left)

Ryan Murray

33 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Sami Vatanen (RH shot but plays left a lot, not a bad option if the Devils fall out of the playoffs)

DeHaan (3 years)

Gostisbehere (4 years, FLyers are playing him under 20 minutes a night right now).

Leddy (DO NOT WANT)

Ryan Murray

I've been hoping Columbus would be weak enough they'd have no choice but to shop around their young veterans. Ryan Murray would be a perfect fit, I'd say to put him with Petry as a new bonified top pairing. He'd be a great LHD to bolster our PK as well. So far Columbus is better than expected though

21 hours ago, Commandant said:

DeHaan (3 years)

Leddy (DO NOT WANT)

Ryan Murray

I liked DeHaan when he was an UFA but I have not kept up on how he has done since.

I would package Mete for Gotisbehere , he would be a great addition to the CH