Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

10 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I would package Mete for Gotisbehere , he would be a great addition to the CH

I don't see how the Flyers would want to do that trade: the only reason Gostisbehere might be available anyway is because they have a glut of D options, so Mete would not provide value to them.

22 hours ago, Commandant said:

LHD who are on bad teams who might want to shake up.

Brodin (2 years on contract)

DeHaan (3 years)

Gostisbehere (4 years, FLyers are playing him under 20 minutes a night right now).

Leddy (DO NOT WANT)

Skjei (I doubt it but he's been criticized in New York)

Alec Martinez (2 years left)

Ryan Murray

Suter would also be a candidate to be moved out of Minnesota. The contract is shit, but there's your top pairing LHD.

2 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Suter would also be a candidate to be moved out of Minnesota. The contract is shit, but there's your top pairing LHD.

Suter and webers contracts on the same team is asking to recreate chicagos issues right now with keith ans seabrook.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Suter and webers contracts on the same team is asking to recreate chicagos issues right now with keith ans seabrook.

If Suter waived his NMC to come to Montreal then neither he or Weber would have the trade protection that Seabrook and Keith have for the entirety of their respective deals. In the unlikely event that they both play out their respective deals to completion, either Weber can be dealt to a rebuilding team who will love a near 8 million cap hit for a 1 million salary mostly paid by insurance.

If they both do LTIRetirement, then it's more like the Clarkson and Horton situation with Toronto this season.

I'm not talking myself into liking the possibility, but I don't think it would be as dire a situation as Chicago. The Habs could trade their way out of it. Suter is just worth listing as a top LHD who could be available.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

If Suter waived his NMC to come to Montreal then neither he or Weber would have the trade protection that Seabrook and Keith have for the entirety of their respective deals. In the unlikely event that they both play out their respective deals to completion, either can be dealt to a rebuilding team who will love a near 8 million cap hit for a 1 million salary mostly paid by insurance.

If they both do LTIRetirement, then it's more like the Clarkson and Horton situation with Toronto this season.

I'm not talking myself into liking the possibility, but I don't think it would be as dire a situation as Chicago. The Habs could trade their way out of it. Suter is just worth listing as a top LHD who could be available.

Thats not how NMCs/NTCs work.

You only lose it if you are traded before it becomes active... ala subban.  Or a matched offer sheet ala weber.  Suter can waive for us and would still have the ntc/nmc going forward.

31 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Thats not how NMCs/NTCs work.

You only lose it if you are traded before it becomes active... ala subban.  Or a matched offer sheet ala weber.  Suter can waive for us and would still have the ntc/nmc going forward.

I edited it and the rest of my post still stands, but I feel like unless it got bargained out in the last CBA, the ruling on Lubomir Visnovksy set the precedent that a waived clause is waived permanently unless the new team agrees to honour it (which any team trying to trade for him should not.)

20 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I edited it and the rest of my post still stands, but I feel like unless it got bargained out in the last CBA, the ruling on Lubomir Visnovksy set the precedent that a waived clause is waived permanently unless the new team agrees to honour it (which any team trying to trade for him should not.)

Visnovsky lost because he was traded from the Kings to the Oilers one day before his NTC kicked in.  (similar to PK Subban).  He never waived his clause.  He was traded prior to it starting and the Oilers opted not to honour it going forward. 

Waiving a clause only waives it for one trade. 

1 hour ago, Habber31 said:

Edmonton needs to some depth scoring; Byron seems like he would be a good trade candidate.... Caleb Jones could be piece. Probably have to retain some salary on Byron

I like it.  Edmonton has a few nice pieces if a trade for Byron could be worked out.  Jones is definitely one.  Samorukov and Puljujarvi are a couple others.  Habs would have to take a cap hit back.  Maybe taking back Gagner convinces the Oilers to do the trade.  Habs could send a non-prospect AHLer (like Waked or Pezzetta) back so they don't add to the 50 contract limit. 

13 minutes ago, John B said:

I like it.  Edmonton has a few nice pieces if a trade for Byron could be worked out.  Jones is definitely one.  Samorukov and Puljujarvi are a couple others.  Habs would have to take a cap hit back.  Maybe taking back Gagner convinces the Oilers to do the trade.  Habs could send a non-prospect AHLer (like Waked or Pezzetta) back so they don't add to the 50 contract limit. 

Edmonton seems like a decent target. Holland is a stingy g.m, though 

25 minutes ago, John B said:

Puljujarvi is on a solid 1.0 PPG pace so far this season. The only issue with that is that he's playing in Liiga, not NHL.

28 minutes ago, Habber31 said:

Edmonton seems like a decent target. Holland is a stingy g.m, though 

For sure.  It's going to take some convincing for Holland to deal one of his top prospects.  He's not a GM that gets taken advantage of very often.

33 minutes ago, John B said:

For sure.  It's going to take some convincing for Holland to deal one of his top prospects.  He's not a GM that gets taken advantage of very often.

They're basically in win now mode, so maybe that can be taken advantage of. 

On 10/28/2019 at 1:58 PM, Habber31 said:

They're basically in win now mode, so maybe that can be taken advantage of. 

They are not in win mode now.  They hope they are in win mode now.  They know they still have massive holes in their lineup, like bottom 9 forwards and defense. 

I don't think Puljujarvvi will be traded this season without an offer that blows Hollands socks off.  He's playing too good now and his stock is on the rise, Holland will wait that out.  Plus I read today that if Puljujarvvi would probably finish the season outside the NHL even if he was traded.

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

They are not in win mode now.  They hope they are in win mode now.  They know they still have massive holes in their lineup, like bottom 9 forwards and defense. 

I don't think Puljujarvvi will be traded this season without an offer that blows Hollands socks off.  He's playing too good now and his stock is on the rise, Holland will wait that out.  Plus I read today that if Puljujarvvi would probably finish the season outside the NHL even if he was traded.

Would of been easier to get him out of edmonton last year. But with Holland runing thinks now, not so much.

11 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

Anytime you have McDavid and Draistl on your team, you're in win now mode 

On 10/28/2019 at 4:23 PM, John B said:

But, Lidstrom retired after 2011-12...Red wings have won 0 playoff series since then...so wouldnt put on a pedestal. When have hall of famers in lineup, can make you look very smart and free agents want to play with them (the Lidstrom-Yzermans).

52 minutes ago, DON said:

But, Lidstrom retired after 2011-12...Red wings have won 0 playoff series since then...so wouldnt put on a pedestal. When have hall of famers in lineup, can make you look very smart and free agents want to play with them (the Lidstrom-Yzermans).

Lindstrom, Yzerman, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Fedorov; all drafted by Detroit. A world class gm, drafted all of those players. Their best players were draft picks, not free agents. That's why players wanted to play there. 

2 hours ago, DON said:

I think that was more on Babcock then Holland to be honest. Babcock I think is over rated as a coach, he hasn't done anything since he won a cup in Detroit and that had more to do with it being a team full of hall of farmers.

3 hours ago, Habber31 said:

Lindstrom, Yzerman, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Fedorov; all drafted by Detroit. A world class gm, drafted all of those players. Their best players were draft picks, not free agents. That's why players wanted to play there. 

Give me a break with Zett and Datsyuk drafting.   PURE. LUCK. that they panned out  THAT well.

We got the same luck with Markov and Gallagher.  World class GM because of it ?  I Don't think so.

17 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Give me a break with Zett and Datsyuk drafting.   PURE. LUCK. that they panned out  THAT well.

We got the same luck with Markov and Gallagher.  World class GM because of it ?  I Don't think so.

Its not luck, its proper player development. That's something under Holland Detroit was the best in the NHL in doing.

35 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Its not luck, its proper player development. That's something under Holland Detroit was the best in the NHL in doing.

Its not player development when Zetterberg and Datsyuk played 0 AHL games combined.   The moment they came out of Europe they were immediate contributors to the Red Wings lineup. 

Detroit is supposedly this great drafting team.... explain the following though, with the same GM and Scouts, the only top 6 forwards or top 4 defencemen drafted between 2005 and 2012 were Gustav Nyquist and Tomas Tatar.   Two second line wingers (and a bunch of bottom 6 guys) in 8 drafts?  Thats not good gming or drafting and is why they fell to where they are now.

If it was more than luck, why couldn't they repeat it? 

I'd also note that Holland wasn't the GM who drafted Yzerman, Lidstrom, or Fedorov either. 

23 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Its not player development when Zetterberg and Datsyuk played 0 AHL games combined.   The moment they came out of Europe they were immediate contributors to the Red Wings lineup. 

Detroit is supposedly this great drafting team.... explain the following though, with the same GM and Scouts, the only top 6 forwards or top 4 defencemen drafted between 2005 and 2012 were Gustav Nyquist and Tomas Tatar.   Two second line wingers (and a bunch of bottom 6 guys) in 8 drafts?  Thats not good gming or drafting and is why they fell to where they are now.

If it was more than luck, why couldn't they repeat it? 

I'd also note that Holland wasn't the GM who drafted Yzerman, Lidstrom, or Fedorov either. 

I guess you forgot Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi , Athanasiou  just to name a few