Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

1 minute ago, Meller93 said:

Would the devils part with Blackwood/hall for say, Price, one of our top prospects (poehling, romanov or brook?) and a second? 

Or do they value Blackwood too highly

They view Blackwood as their goalie of the future and if they move him, then they have a goalie tandem that costs nearly $17 million with Cory Schneider still signed for a while.  Schneider would have to be involved in any deal as a result, not Blackwood.

2 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Would the devils part with Blackwood/hall for say, Price, one of our top prospects (poehling, romanov or brook?) and a second? 

i would not give a top prospect and Price for Hall even if he signed immediately.  The idea is to get a guy who will still be a star when your young players are ready - not trade price and your young players.

37 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

I think they would be interested in Tatar to replace some of halls scoring. Plus he's under contract.  So Tatar would be a starting point in trade talks.

Price is untradeable!!!!!!! 

Price isnt going nowhere. He has played himself right out of top goalie in the world status... His contract is quite the albatross.

He isnt stealing games and if he does they are few and far between. He is not even close to the being the player who won the Hart and earned those millions. THIS is bigger than our need for a #1 LD  IMHO 

37 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Price is untradeable!!!!!!! 

Price isnt going nowhere. He has played himself right out of top goalie in the world status... His contract is quite the albatross.

He isnt stealing games and if he does they are few and far between. He is not even close to the being the player who won the Hart and earned those millions. THIS is bigger than our need for a #1 LD  IMHO 

Don't kidd yourself their would be a lot of contending teams that need goaltending would love Price.

27 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Don't kidd yourself their would be a lot of contending teams that need goaltending would love Price.

Agree, I think Price still has tremendous value. Although he has been through a rough patch recently, he is still an elite goalie.  It's amazing how much better a goalie looks when a team plays  with structure in front of them.  The Habs have lacked that recently.  His contract would make him more difficult to trade but there are a lot of examples of goalies  who played at a high level late into their thirties. 

There is no team in the NHL that can or will take Price and that contract on. None... zero... zilch. 

You are absolutely incorrect.  He is un-tradeable currently.  We would have to give him away or retain huge salary and he would have to OK the deal.

And Yes, he turned it around in Mid December LY and finished strong. But, it was to late. If he keeps it up, this year will be lost as well!

He was horrible ALL season the year before that. And the season before that he finished the season horribly.

So again, I am personally of the opinion hes un-tradeable at this point and will have to really catch fire to be tradeable. At that point we will all ant to keep him.

On 11/30/2019 at 6:29 PM, Commandant said:

All I'm saying is that I've seen other teams do this scorched earth style rebuild and it doesn't work.  You can't have all kids and no one to be a role model and set an example. \

New Jersey. Two first-overall lottery picks in the last few years. Unlikely to make the playoffs again this year. And considering a rebuild. Again.

8 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

You can move Weber anywhere, whereas Petry has either NMC or some limitations if I remember correctly.  Move weber to Edmonton for one of their top d prospects a pick and a bad contract.  

Petry has a 15-team no-trade list. And he's 18 months away from UFA. If we were to trade away veterans, I think he would make the most sense.

On 11/30/2019 at 6:01 PM, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Anyway it doesn't matter much anyway,  I don't see Hall coming here. 

The view on the Athletic (Cory Masisak) is that if NJ trades Hall, then (at least) Simmonds and Vatanen will be gone, too.

If that's the case, how about trading for Vatanen? He'll be a UFA at the end of the year, but might be a better possibility to stay in Montreal than Hall is (given our existing Finnish contingent), and at 28 he should have at least five decent years left yet. He's a right-hand shot, which isn't ideal, but any top defenceman would help us ... and a solid top RD would give us flexibility should we choose to trade Petry or Weber.

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

There is no team in the NHL that can or will take Price and that contract on. None... zero... zilch. 

You are absolutely incorrect.  He is un-tradeable currently.  We would have to give him away or retain huge salary and he would have to OK the deal.

And Yes, he turned it around in Mid December LY and finished strong. But, it was to late. If he keeps it up, this year will be lost as well!

He was horrible ALL season the year before that. And the season before that he finished the season horribly.

So again, I am personally of the opinion hes un-tradeable at this point and will have to really catch fire to be tradeable. At that point we will all ant to keep him.

To Toronto 

Price  We eat 2mil of his contract each year 

To habs 

Nylander & Anderson 

You don't think Toronto would do that trade. Price on that team gives them a chance to win the cup.

To buffalo 

Price 

To habs 

Ristolainen  & Hutton 

You don't think buffalo would do that. They need goaltending they would take that trade easy.

NJ would love to have Price, Calgary would love to have Price, Vancouver would love to have Price.

His play has been bad,  but not all on him. Its the team in front of him too.

• Like 1

Andersen is a top 10 goalie in the NHL, I don't think the Leafs would give up Nylander and Andersen for Price, and I think that wouldn't solve their problems on Defence. 

I think the Buffalo deal, the Sabres would do.

7 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

i would not give a top prospect and Price for Hall even if he signed immediately.  The idea is to get a guy who will still be a star when your young players are ready - not trade price and your young players.

The idea of a deal involving some configuration of Price+  and Hall/Blackwood *is* intriguing, though. Highly unlikely but a fun parlour game scenario.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The idea of a deal involving some configuration of Price+  and Hall/Blackwood *is* intriguing, though. Highly unlikely but a fun parlour game scenario.

Well NJ needs goaltending and a replacement for hall so how about 

To NJ

Price and Tatar 

To habs

Hall and Blackwood

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

To Toronto 

To habs 

Nylander & Anderson 

You don't think Toronto would do that trade. Price on that team gives them a chance to win the cup.

To buffalo 

Price 

To habs 

Ristolainen  & Hutton 

You don't think buffalo would do that. They need goaltending they would take that trade easy.

NJ would love to have Price, Calgary would love to have Price, Vancouver would love to have Price.

Toronto has a top-notch G. Anderson is probably a better overall goalie than Price at this point. That's an absolutely insane trade for them. 

Vancouver has a strong veteran goalie and a rookie goalie who is playing well and projects to become elite. Price is the last thing they need.

Buffalo: that's more like it! They have young stars galore, need a G, and are desperate to turn the corner. One problem: I very seriously doubt that Price would agree to be traded there. Ever.

The NJ scenario is unlikely but, as I noted earlier, fun to consider.

One BIG problem with any scenario involving Hall: he wants to win. In fact he told NJ management that he wanted to see them building a winner or he wouldn't sign. This being the case, why on earth would he want to play the rest of his career in Montreal, a team that is now likely to miss the playoffs for the 4th time in 5 years, has no upper-echelon elite young stars and no top-tier prospects, and whose best players are well into their 30s? 

14 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Petry has a 15-team no-trade list. And he's 18 months away from UFA. If we were to trade away veterans, I think he would make the most sense.

Petry, Tatar and a 2nd to NJD

Hall, Mueller to MTL

NJD gets a solid D and a good scorer and a draft pick to continue their rebuild

MTL gets an elite scoring winger and an NHL-calibre LD with some upside

This bridges the gap until Drouin is back, and it gives room to our young RD to play more minutes. I think Juulsen (when healthy), Fleury and Brook will fill Petry's spot well in 1-2 years. Ok as of this year.

P.S. MTL can add Olofsson, Kulak or Reilly as a throw in if needed. 

Edited by alfredoh2009
added throw in

13 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

To Toronto 

To habs 

Nylander & Anderson 

To buffalo 

Price 

To habs 

Ristolainen  & Hutton 

The Toronto deal is an absolute joke... Anderson has been better then Price for 3 straight seasons and costs less then half as much! and Nylander to? I dont think TOR even considers Price for Anderson straight up let alone with Nylander!

The Buffalo deal sounds like a fair deal except for Buffalo being up against the cap and in LTIR I believe. They would be taking on an additional 8 million to bring Price on in replacement of Hutton plus the difference in salary for a replacement defenceman in there top 4  to for Risto. Not to mention Price would have to waive.

NJ would love to have Price? Would Price love to go to NJ?

Calgary does seem like a good option and Price might consider Alberta in a move... 

Im gonna stick with Price being un-tradeable in his current form

43 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Petry, Tatar and a 2nd to NJD

Hall, Mueller to MTL

NJD gets a solid D and a good scorer and a draft pick to continue their rebuild

MTL gets an elite scoring winger and an NHL-calibre LD with some upside

This bridges the gap until Drouin is back, and it gives room to our young RD to play more minutes. I think Juulsen (when healthy), Fleury and Brook will fill Petry's spot well in 1-2 years. Ok as of this year.

P.S. MTL can add Olofsson, Kulak or Reilly as a throw in if needed. 

If New Jersey is trading Hall they will want Futures, not players on the roster. 

I also don't see how this makes us better given how well Tatar has played and the fact that Mueller isn't even an NHL defenceman. 

57 minutes ago, Commandant said:

If New Jersey is trading Hall they will want Futures, not players on the roster. 

I also don't see how this makes us better given how well Tatar has played and the fact that Mueller isn't even an NHL defenceman. 

They traded for PK, didn't they. Petry is an upgrade on Subban. And when PK is healthier that would provide them a solid RD pair.

That gives their prospects a solid D to backstop them as they improve

9 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

They traded for PK, didn't they. Petry is an upgrade on Subban. And when PK is healthier that would provide them a solid RD pair.

That gives their prospects a solid D to backstop them as they improve

Given the way their season has gone, they aren't looking for a soon to be 32 year old defenceman (December 9th) as the centrepiece of a trade for Taylor Hall.