Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I think we are devaluing Tatar... he was traded for 3 picks to Vegas and we stole him from Vegas in the Patches deal. Tatar has since regained his form that evaded him for 3 months playing in Vegas and leads our team in scoring after a very successful first year. His stock is a-lot higher than we suggest and yet there he is, thrown in every deal as a simple add in.

On top of that we are a far better team with Petry in the line up then Hall in the short term at least. (I personally believe)! 

maybe MB throws his hat in for re-aquiring the self named "Subbanator" instead... haha

That would be of epic proportions

Subban for Juulsen, Reilly a 1st and 2nd in 2021 (not 2020)? A little overpayment to secure the deal?

Can Subban play on the left side? haha

Subban Weber

Chiarot Petry

Mete Fleury

Kulak Follin

21 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

As if we, the fans, are able to tell what he's done precisely.

We really know very little of what goes on behind the scenes, that much is true.

But we do know that our special teams' play has been our weakest point last season and this season.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Given the way their season has gone, they aren't looking for a soon to be 32 year old defenceman (December 9th) as the centrepiece of a trade for Taylor Hall.

Point taken, but Petry would be a "younger" complement to 37 year old Andy Green! It provides some experienced RDs to play with Ty Smith when he is ready to graduate to the NHL.

If you want to send futures to NJ, add an extra 2nd round draft. 

Petry, Tatar, and two 2020 2nd round picks to NJD

Hall, Mueller to MTL

Edited by alfredoh2009
added quotes to young (sarcasm)

41 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I think we are devaluing Tatar... he was traded for 3 picks to Vegas and we stole him from Vegas in the Patches deal. Tatar has since regained his form that evaded him for 3 months playing in Vegas and leads our team in scoring after a very successful first year. His stock is a-lot higher than we suggest and yet there he is, thrown in every deal as a simple add in.

On top of that we are a far better team with Petry in the line up then Hall in the short term at least. (I personally believe)! 

maybe MB throws his hat in for re-aquiring the self named "Subbanator" instead... haha

That would be of epic proportions

Subban for Juulsen, Reilly a 1st and 2nd in 2021 (not 2020)? A little overpayment to secure the deal?

Can Subban play on the left side? haha

Subban Weber

Chiarot Petry

Mete Fleury

Kulak Follin

Nashville literally just dumped Subban for a bunch of bums and he is currently on pace for a 16 point season for 9.5 million...and you want to "overpay"? Good lord

25 minutes ago, illWill said:

Nashville literally just dumped Subban for a bunch of bums and he is currently on pace for a 16 point season for 9.5 million...and you want to "overpay"? Good lord

Bergevin has zero interest in adding a Subban.

38 minutes ago, illWill said:

I thought the whole self named "Subbanator" showed my sarcasm??

Not to mention the 2 x haha's

21 minutes ago, DON said:

Bergevin has zero interest in adding a Subban.

So why would he have interest in adding Taylor Hall.

Hall was described as  a mini version of Subban  a few seasons back in Edmonton.

(aka  "not a team player", plays for himself, etc)

I highly doubt that Bergevin is entertaining the idea of trading for Hall at all.

7 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I thought the whole self named "Subbanator" showed my sarcasm??

Not to mention the 2 x haha's

Okay great, I thought we lost you to the looney bin. Can you post that sarcasm emoji next time before you give someone an aneurism 

Believe it or not there are people that would actually want him back AND would trade Shea Weber back for him. 

5 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

I highly doubt that Bergevin is entertaining the idea of trading for Hall at all.

I don't think he is looking to make any immediate trade. Nor will he be firing Julien anytime soon. At the moment he's en route to Russia, to talk to Romanov among others. And I doubt he'll be firing a coach or negotiating a blockbuster trade while he's there.

But Marc Antoine Godin put it well in his article today on the Athletic:

Bergevin has a choice. He must decide whether it’s necessary to act in the immediate to stop the bleeding, or if it’s best to focus on the future so a team that’s been treading water for far too many years can finally make meaningful forward progress.

Pulling off both those things, as Bergevin has tried to do since arriving in the job seven years ago, seems less likely than ever.

To make us into an immediate contender would require trading most of our top prospects and picks. And the result would still be highly uncertain, given (1) our current roster and (2) the nature of rental players.

Focusing on the future? That doesn't mean selling everyone, but maybe some combination of Price (yes, NMC), Weber (less of an issue), Petry and Tatar. Of the four, I would prefer to keep Weber for his leadership qualities, but that may not be an option. And try to add some reasonably-young players (Gostisbehere? Honka?) that could form the future core, especially for D.

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Focusing on the future? That doesn't mean selling everyone, but maybe some combination of Price (yes, NMC), Weber (less of an issue), Petry and Tatar. Of the four, I would prefer to keep Weber for his leadership qualities, but that may not be an option. And try to add some reasonably-young players (Gostisbehere? Honka?) that could form the future core, especially for D.

To form a core D for the future, I would look for players with more upside/talent. But yes, I agree that MB will not rush to make a trade at this moment and that any trade must support his "reset"

55 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

To form a core D for the future, I would look for players with more upside/talent.

Ideally, yes. But it really depends on what we can get in trade for our veterans. Not every team will be interested in our veterans. And I would think we'd be looking for 25-ish defencemen, or younger. (Honka is 23, Gostisbehere 26, Vatanen already 28.)

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Ideally, yes. But it really depends on what we can get in trade for our veterans. Not every team will be interested in our veterans. And I would think we'd be looking for 25-ish defencemen, or younger. (Honka is 23, Gostisbehere 26, Vatanen already 28.)

I am not sure why so many have mentioned Honka as a defenceman of interest. He is an undersized (180 lbs) right handed shooting defenceman who has scored 2 goals in 87 NHL games. I don't think that's what we need short or long term. 

45 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I am not sure why so many have mentioned Honka as a defenceman of interest. He is an undersized (180 lbs) right handed shooting defenceman who has scored 2 goals in 87 NHL games. I don't think that's what we need short or long term. 

Certainly not in the short-term - he's no longer eligible to play in the NHL this season.

Honka not available for this year, as dlbalr says. He's always been on the small side, and he has never been a big scorer, even in junior -- by far, most of his points are assists. But in spite of those, he did get drafted 14th overall. You can read a 2014 scouting report here, and it's pretty much what Habs Fan said.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2106352-julius-honka-prospect-profile-for-dallas-stars-1st-round-pick

As to RHD, if we were to be trading our veterans (Weber and/or Petry), we'll need young D on the right side as well.

It's not just which players we'd like to have wearing a Habs sweater, but also which ones can be pried loose from their current teams. Honka and Gostisbehere look like they are available. Not many other young top-four D are.

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The guy's RD anyway. Who needs him? Not us.

If we trade Petry and Weber, who do we have on RD? If we have a lot more depth on RD, somehow I have missed it.

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

If we trade Petry and Weber, who do we have on RD? If we have a lot more depth on RD, somehow I have missed it.

Its unlikely we trade both. 

That said, beyond them, Fleury is already an NHLer and quite frankly looks very good for a 21 year old.  He is already better than Honka.  Brook started slow in the AHL but has turned it on.  He might not be better than Honka today, but give him the rest of the season with Bouchard, and I'm confident he will be.  Juulsen is better than Honka, but his health is a concern, I get that. 

Bottom line, it doesn't matter that Honka was drafted 14th overall, that was five years ago, and quite frankly he isn't good. He has not developped as the Stars hoped.  That is why he was healthy scratched 60 games last year and the Stars won't pay him this year. 

If we need to get a RHD, we can do much better than Honka.  

Honka may not be the right choice, I can agree with that (I was just throwing a few names out there). But beyond Fleury, what we have is a promising AHL prospect (Brook) and a somewhat fragile prospect (who has admittedly looked pretty good in the NHL). That's not a solid NHL line-up yet, so we may yet need to be looking for RD as well.

But that's all assuming that Bergevin chooses the rebuild route, which is not a given yet.

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Honka may not be the right choice, I can agree with that (I was just throwing a few names out there). But beyond Fleury, what we have is a promising AHL prospect (Brook) and a somewhat fragile prospect (who has admittedly looked pretty good in the NHL). That's not a solid NHL line-up yet, so we may yet need to be looking for RD as well.

But that's all assuming that Bergevin chooses the rebuild route, which is not a given yet.

Nothing wrong with throwing names out there but I think on MB's list of priorities (I assume he has one) that a right hand shooting defenceman  is way down the list or should be. 

Kulak played decent with Weber against BOS the other night and played well last year when Mete was sent down as well. So it could work in the short term.

the only other option is lining Reilly up there but i would be very very skeptical of having play against Barzal and Mckinnon coming up...

Im not overpaying for a rental who has an unsustainable shooting percentage.

If you told me before the season we would trade for pageau, id have been fine with it.

Right now, with all the goals, the cost has gone up and i dont want to pay the price i think the sens will ask.  They are selling super high on him