Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Im not overpaying for a rental who has an unsustainable shooting percentage.

If you told me before the season we would trade for pageau, id have been fine with it.

Right now, with all the goals, the cost has gone up and i dont want to pay the price i think the sens will ask.  They are selling super high on him

Totally agree. Better to grab a guy when he is having an off year and his market value is down. The Sens would want a lot for Pageau especially if he is going down the road to Montreal where they have to play against him a lot. 

33 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Why is Columbus selling him on the cheap?

They shouldn’t, but after 4 points in 24 games (and last year on his contract), on a Columbus team that doesn’t look playoff bound, weirder trades have happened.

I just think Montreal could use a forward like Anderson, and perhaps Columbus might like Byron’s speed/contract length. 

Just a suggestion

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

They shouldn’t, but after 4 points in 24 games (and last year on his contract), on a Columbus team that doesn’t look playoff bound, weirder trades have happened.

I just think Montreal could use a forward like Anderson, and perhaps Columbus might like Byron’s speed/contract length. 

Just a suggestion

I agree Montreal needs a forward like Anderson.  I like the player and the thought of adding him.

Around the NHL, i bet at least half a dozen teams could use him though and if he was on the market, there would be bidding.

At minimum i think it will cost a 2nd rounder (chicagos that will be a high second) and a lower prospect like cole fonstad or something.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I agree Montreal needs a forward like Anderson.  I like the player and the thought of adding him.

Around the NHL, i bet at least half a dozen teams could use him though and if he was on the market, there would be bidding.

At minimum i think it will cost a 2nd rounder (chicagos that will be a high second) and a lower prospect like cole fonstad or something.

I’m not opposed to a trade like that either! Anderson has some skill (though he hasn’t showed it this year) and a bunch of physicality that I think would fit the habs real well

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Commandant said:

At that price point, Bergevin should have made the deal yesterday. I’m also not opposed to giving up Byron in a deal for a younger, bigger forward 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PMAC said:

At that price point, Bergevin should have made the deal yesterday. I’m also not opposed to giving up Byron in a deal for a younger, bigger forward 

The price point was based on him being a rental. 

I see now that he's an RFA and not a UFA this summer, so you can probably change that second to a first, or that prospect to someone like Poehling.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

The price point was based on him being a rental. 

I see now that he's an RFA and not a UFA this summer, so you can probably change that second to a first, or that prospect to someone like Poehling.

Bah! Humbug!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agree, too much to give up for Anderson. I think Columbus would make that trade in a heartbeat. 

I just see it as supply and demand.  So many teams want this type of player.

• Upvote 1

To Montreal:

F Sven Baertschi ($1,800,000 after Vancouver retains 46.53%, signed through 2020-21)

To Vancouver:

D Mike Reilly ($1,500,000, signed through 2020-21)

Baertschi has asked for a trade and considering Montreal's current fourth line, he could actually serve as an upgrade while pushing players like Cousins and Weal for playing time.  For Vancouver, it would give them some extra defensive depth with Edler out (they could keep him and send Guillaume Brisebois down while staying cap neutral which is what the odd retention percentage is for) and if they opted to waive Reilly, there would be a little bit of cap savings which, given their current cap situation, is notable.  The Habs can easily afford the extra cap hit this season and if Baertschi could crack the lineup regularly, they wouldn't mind the extra hit next year.

55 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

To Montreal:

F Sven Baertschi ($1,800,000 after Vancouver retains 46.53%, signed through 2020-21)

To Vancouver:

D Mike Reilly ($1,500,000, signed through 2020-21)

Baertschi has asked for a trade and considering Montreal's current fourth line, he could actually serve as an upgrade while pushing players like Cousins and Weal for playing time.  For Vancouver, it would give them some extra defensive depth with Edler out (they could keep him and send Guillaume Brisebois down while staying cap neutral which is what the odd retention percentage is for) and if they opted to waive Reilly, there would be a little bit of cap savings which, given their current cap situation, is notable.  The Habs can easily afford the extra cap hit this season and if Baertschi could crack the lineup regularly, they wouldn't mind the extra hit next year.

I can't see the Canucks taking on THAT much salary retention without some kind of conditional pick (games played, points gotten) going the other way. Baertschi has plenty of skill, he's just oft injured. 

4 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I can't see the Canucks taking on THAT much salary retention without some kind of conditional pick (games played, points gotten) going the other way. Baertschi has plenty of skill, he's just oft injured. 

I thought about that but thought the player might be of more value than a pick.  At either rate, Benning has admitted that the asking price is really low.

22 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I thought about that but thought the player might be of more value than a pick.  At either rate, Benning has admitted that the asking price is really low.

Really really low. Baertschi back on waivers.

Thank God we  dodged the Kovalchuk bullet:

• Like 1

Just read that Lias Andersson requested a trade from the Rags.

He's got talent, that's for sure, but haven't got it together in New York.

High risk - high reward opportunity.

McCarron and Hudon for Andersson?

24 minutes ago, ch_nl said:

Just read that Lias Andersson requested a trade from the Rags.

He's got talent, that's for sure, but haven't got it together in New York.

High risk - high reward opportunity.

McCarron and Hudon for Andersson?

We would do that in a second. 

There is no chance the Rangers take it though.  Hudon and McCarron have both cleared waivers, they have little to no value, and while Andersson's value has dropped from his top 10 draft status, he's not at the value of two guys who no one wanted on waivers. 

Probably worth a 2nd rounder or something.... which i would do. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

We would do that in a second. 

There is no chance the Rangers take it though.  Hudon and McCarron have both cleared waivers, they have little to no value, and while Andersson's value has dropped from his top 10 draft status, he's not at the value of two guys who no one wanted on waivers. 

Probably worth a 2nd rounder or something.... which i would do. 

I agree with you don't understand why people still think Hudon and McCarron still have trade value at this point in their careers.

Hi, this is more a question than a trade proposal:

If the CH sent to Arizona:

Alzner and Ouellet to provide them with D-depth for their playoff run

And the Coyotes set to the CH:

Hjalmarson or Hossa (and maybe Oesterle if they need to drop a contract)

=> Would this be interesting at all to Arizona? From a cap/LTIR perspective is it  good deal to them?

My thinking is that it may provide the cap flexibility they may be lacking to make deals at the trade deadline

41 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

=> Would this be interesting at all to Arizona? From a cap/LTIR perspective is it  good deal to them?

My thinking is that it may provide the cap flexibility they may be lacking to make deals at the trade deadline

not sure how this helps them or adds cap flexibility.  Alzner playing is more useless than Hossa just taking up cap space.

58 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

It would actually hurt them cap wise.  Hjalmarsson will return this season (I think he's due back in the next couple of weeks) and I'm sure they'd value him over Alzner and Ouellet.  Once he's back, they'll still be in cap compliance because of Hossa being on LTIR.  If he goes to Montreal in this scenario, Arizona is over the cap as soon as Hjalmarsson comes back.

• 2 weeks later...

We are at the half-way point in the season, and the trade deadline is staring to come into sight. After watching Canada win the World Juniors I stating think on what it may take to get Lafrenière without tanking: I am usually off in my valuations, but I'll go with two 2020 1st rounds, 1 2020 2nd round and a throw in under 23 years old (low prospect)

To Nashville: Petry+Cousins

To Montreal: 1st round 2020 + contract (Craig Smith?)

This gives Nashville more depth on Right-D fr a long playoff run and a bottom 6 forward

=======

This way the Ch can offer 2x 1st round pick, 1x 2nd round pick and a low prospect (Vejdemo? Evans?) for Lafrenière :)

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

We are at the half-way point in the season, and the trade deadline is staring to come into sight. After watching Canada win the World Juniors I stating think on what it may take to get Lafrenière without tanking: I am usually off in my valuations, but I'll go with two 2020 1st rounds, 1 2020 2nd round and a throw in under 23 years old (low prospect)

To Nashville: Petry+Cousins

To Montreal: 1st round 2020 + contract (Craig Smith?)

This gives Nashville more depth on Right-D fr a long playoff run and a bottom 6 forward

=======

This way the Ch can offer 2x 1st round pick, 1x 2nd round pick and a low prospect (Vejdemo? Evans?) for Lafrenière :)

Would need to be a top 5 pick a mid 1st round, a top prospect, and an elite young player with an amazing contract. If at all.