Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

34 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Would need to be a top 5 pick a mid 1st round, a top prospect, and an elite young player with an amazing contract. If at all.

That's a lot to give up. I would only give up that much if I was convinced that the #1 pick would turn out to be a McDavid or Mackinnon.  Lafreniere is good no doubt,  had a great tourney.  Will he be a game changer in the NHL or just an excellent top tier player.  Time will tell. 

10 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Would need to be a top 5 pick a mid 1st round, a top prospect, and an elite young player with an amazing contract. If at all.

Ok, here is an updated trade proposal:

To Nashville: Petry + Cousins

To Montreal: 1st round 2020 + contract (Craig Smith?)

This gives Nashville more depth on Right-D fr a long playoff run and a bottom 6 forward

=======

To the 2020 1st overall pick winner: 2x 1st round pick(15? and 20?) , 1x 2nd round pick (Chicago's), Ikonen and Mete for Lafrenière

Here's a question......  Lets say New Jersey ends up with the 1st overall pick in the draft this year by wining the draft lottery. Would you offer them this trade for the 1st overall pick 

To Nj 

Price and Tatar 

To habs

1st overall pick In this year's draft 

NJ 1st round pick next year 

We take on Schneider's contract 

And we get   Rights to LD Vatanen.

16 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Here's a question......  Lets say New Jersey ends up with the 1st overall pick in the draft this year by wining the draft lottery. Would you offer them this trade for the 1st overall pick 

To Nj 

Price and Tatar 

To habs

I have a hard time seeing NJ take this. They are not ready to contend, either, so it seems like Price would not be a good fit for them.

20 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I have a hard time seeing NJ take this. They are not ready to contend, either, so it seems like Price would not be a good fit for them.

They need better goaltending Price would be an upgrade to what they have. Plus Tatar would give them more scoring. But its all arm chair talk. 

53 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

To Nj 

Price and Tatar 

To habs

NJD, OTT, LAK, ANA, DET, SJS and CHI are not good fits for trades with the Canadiens if dealing roster players. 

But I think that there is an opportunity to trade two first, two seconds, a prospect and a roster player to the lottery winner (quantity of picks and players) for the 1st pick overall. 

In your example, 

To NJD

2x 1st round picks, 2x 2nd round picks, Ikonen and Lehkonen

To MTL

1st overall pick (Lafrenière)

Now, the trick is to trade someone to get a second 1st round pick in 2020

20 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

They need better goaltending Price would be an upgrade to what they have. Plus Tatar would give them more scoring. But its all arm chair talk. 

1. Price wants to go to a team that can contend. Probably not NJ.

2. Yes, Price is an upgrade on NJ's tire-fire in nets. But whomever we replace Price with in the near-term will be a downgrade on Price.

3. Both the Habs and NJ are rebuilding teams. So if it makes sense for one to "upgrade" to Price in net, why does it make sense for the other to "downgrade" and trade Price away? Either Price and his contract are a good move for a rebuilding team, or they aren't. If they are, then we should keep him, assuming he is amenable to that.

13 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

1. Price wants to go to a team that can contend. Probably not NJ.

2. Yes, Price is an upgrade on NJ's tire-fire in nets. But whomever we replace Price with in the near-term will be a downgrade on Price.

3. Both the Habs and NJ are rebuilding teams. So if it makes sense for one to "upgrade" to Price in net, why does it make sense for the other to "downgrade" and trade Price away? Either Price and his contract are a good move for a rebuilding team, or they aren't. If they are, then we should keep him, assuming he is amenable to that.

Agree, I really don't think Price is the least bit interested in going to New Jersey, if he's leaving Montreal then he would want to go to a contender and the Habs would likely have to take a contract back. It's a really complicated trade to make, I just don't see it happening but you never know. 

3 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agree, I really don't think Price is the least bit interested in going to New Jersey, if he's leaving Montreal then he would want to go to a contender and the Habs would likely have to take a contract back. It's a really complicated trade to make, I just don't see it happening but you never know. 

Yeah - but all that being said, I personally am fine with us trading Price, as I mentioned in other threads. I just don't see that it makes a ton of sense for a rebuilding team to take Price on. He's more of a "San Jose Sharks/Edmonton Oilers" type of acquisition.

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah - but all that being said, I personally am fine with us trading Price, as I mentioned in other threads. I just don't see that it makes a ton of sense for a rebuilding team to take Price on. He's more of a "San Jose Sharks/Edmonton Oilers" type of acquisition.

I can see buffalo wanting him. Any thoughts on maybe Vancouver wanting him?

3 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

I can see buffalo wanting him. Any thoughts on maybe Vancouver wanting him?

Vancouver has an excellent goalie in Markstrom and a youngster they believe in in Demko. Plus they're already in cap hell with amazing young players to lock up going forward. They'd be dumb to do it.

Buffalo, yeah. And I don't understand why EDM would not be all over Price. We could take back Koskinen and an impact prospect/pick, and give them the best shot they will ever have to win a Cup. Carey would probably welcome the trade to be close to home and have a legit shot to win. Seems like a great idea.

17 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Vancouver has an excellent goalie in Markstrom and a youngster they believe in in Demko. Plus they're already in cap hell with amazing young players to lock up going forward. They'd be dumb to do it.

Buffalo, yeah. And I don't understand why EDM would not be all over Price. We could take back Koskinen and an impact prospect/pick, and give them the best shot they will ever have to win a Cup. Carey would probably welcome the trade to be close to home and have a legit shot to win. Seems like a great idea.

I can see a trade like this 

To edmonton 

Price 

To habs

Koskinen and Puljujarvi

But i think they would be over The cap.

24 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

To edmonton 

Price 

To habs

Koskinen and Puljujarvi

Very much so.  They'd need to come a lot closer to matching money than that.  And to be honest, that's not a great return for Price, a fringe starter and a bust of a top prospect that's at best a bottom-six forward.

23 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

To edmonton 

Price 

To habs

Koskinen and Puljujarvi

That's the issue with an Edmonton trade, Oilers don't have enough cap room otherwise it could be a fit. I could definitely see Pulijujarvi as a piece coming back, still think he has great potential and would be comfortable on a team with other Finns.  His english is poor. 

1 minute ago, Chris said:

The rumor is the D-man they picked last year #3 0r $ I believe, a 2nd rounder and Gruebauer

Do you have a source for the rumour?  Someone mentioned something similar to me the other day (I assume they saw the same thing you did) but it wasn't from any of the more reputable sources out there.

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

It was from a sports  radio station here in Denver

They said the "word" is Price has been very disappointed in MB  and the team in general 

Again, it's a rumor 

I generally don't put much stock in radio hosts when it comes to the credibility of trade rumours, especially if they're citing out of market stuff.  (For those that don't know, I also write for a rumour site and this is the type of thing I keep track of and it rarely comes to fruition.)  It's inductive reasoning (the Habs are struggling, Price is their top player, therefore it's likely that he's not happy, especially after his comment last summer) but that's not really a rumour when it's broken down.  (A Colorado radio host almost certainly isn't going to know what's going on behind the scenes in Montreal.)  Thanks for passing the info along though.

Having said that, Colorado would make some sense as a destination but remember that they have Landeskog and Makar up soon and will need a lot of cap room to extend those two.  They have some room now but they won't for too long.