Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I generally don't put much stock in radio hosts when it comes to the credibility of trade rumours, especially if they're citing out of market stuff.  (For those that don't know, I also write for a rumour site and this is the type of thing I keep track of and it rarely comes to fruition.)  It's inductive reasoning (the Habs are struggling, Price is their top player, therefore it's likely that he's not happy, especially after his comment last summer) but that's not really a rumour when it's broken down.  (A Colorado radio host almost certainly isn't going to know what's going on behind the scenes in Montreal.)  Thanks for passing the info along though.

Having said that, Colorado would make some sense as a destination but remember that they have Landeskog and Makar up soon and will need a lot of cap room to extend those two.  They have some room now but they won't for too long.

Makar is just a rookie,  they must have at least 2 more years of an entry level deal and then he's only an RFA. 

22 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Makar is just a rookie,  they must have at least 2 more years of an entry level deal and then he's only an RFA. 

He burned year one last year in the playoffs.  This is year two.  He has one left and then he's up in 2021 which is the same time Landeskog and Grubauer are up for UFA status.

7 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He burned year one last year in the playoffs.  This is year two.  He has one left and then he's up in 2021 which is the same time Landeskog and Grubauer are up for UFA status.

You are correct, I forgot he played in the playoffs last year.  The Avs are fortunate to have pretty much the best contact in hockey (from a team point of view) in MacKinnon.  

10 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Don't know Hayton, really. But it'd be a shame to trade Gallagher. But admittedly I'd still think it would be a shame to trade him, even if we got McDavid in return. 😁

The more I look at it if we did blow the team up and trade guys like Price, Weber, Petry, Byron and our UFA's, I would keep Gallagher make him the captain And a leader for the younger guys.

• Upvote 1

While that site looks like a click bait fest I am all for trading Price and both Calgary and Colorado make sense.

The only way this happens IMO is if Price does indeed want out of Montreal and the consistent "build for the future" that never happens. We have been a crap team for the majority of his career and we haven't been anything close to a contender since his early days. Maybe he will accept being a bottom dweller/bubble team for the next while because he believes that with our prospect pool we will be a contender in no time. Maybe he is sick of MB's bullshit and is ready to move.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

That site isnt exactly the bastion of credibility 

I know. I was simply providing the link to a written source. I didn’t say it was a credible source. I would be:

a. Shocked if Price gets traded this season;

b. Shocked if he is traded and the return is as good as this rumour suggests given his cap hit

in short,, I don’t believe that he is getting traded any time soon 

1 hour ago, Easy Ryder said:

Would like to see a Domi for a Sam Gagner + Evan Bouchard.

Would like to see a Petry for Cogliano + Dellandrea.

You guys see my point. Sell a valuable asset, take some deadwood salary back to land a near ready blue chip.

I really like this idea. Unfortunately, I don’t think rival GMs will go for it at the trade deadline.

42 minutes ago, Easy Ryder said:

I wonder if  MB would have took a similar deal last year, let's say Fowler for KK and Byron. Today's situation would be different and the future not that jeopardized. 

Fowler was available before the ducks locked him up. They were asking for a 1st and I believe a 2nd or it was 2 1st not to sure but Bergevin thought Price was too high.  So if he thought draft picks were to high of a price no way his trading Kotkaniemi for him.

1 hour ago, Meller93 said:

I would without any hesitation trade price for Grubauer + Byram. That’s not just me is it?

I would do it in a heartbeat also.   Paying Price 10.5 for the next 6 years is an albatross...to be rid of that for a quality return would be incredible.

20 hours ago, Meller93 said:

I would without any hesitation trade price for Grubauer + Byram. That’s not just me is it?

I doubt that deal is really on the table but if it is, not taking it should constitute a firing offence all on its own. 

22 hours ago, Meller93 said:

Not just you. I wouldn't be able to pull the trigger on that deal fast enough

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Not just you. I wouldn't be able to pull the trigger on that deal fast enough

As much as I would miss Carey Price, I would make that trade as well, especially if Carey is unhappy and miserable,  they are not getting their money's worth at the goalie position and it's certainly not all Carey's fault. So much of goaltending is confidence and it's hard to build confidence behind Montreal's defence right now.. Adding Carey to Colorado would make them a real tough team, maybe the Stanley Cup favourite. 

I love Price, but if Byrom was on the table you make that move and don't think twice. 

However, I highly doubt that deal is available.  Its not based in any fact, its just some idle speculation from some Colorado radio host of what he would consider doing, but I doubt he has any idea what it would take to get Price, and what Byrom is really worth.